Monday, 8 June 2015

Summer is Here!

Hello there! I thought I'd just stop by quick to say hi so you don't forget about me!

We are already in the heat of summer and summer has not even officially started!  "The weather is crazy" seems to be a phrase that can be heard from anyone's lips these days, no matter where you live!  A lot of my roses have had their first flush of blooms and are resting up for the next round (I hope).  Here are a couple of roses still blooming.
Benjamin Britten, a David Austin rose

Abraham Darby, a David Austin rose 
 I have not been stitching at all. I am cheating by showing you an old finished piece. It sits right by my computer and I'm looking at it now. It's "Be Kind and True" by Blackbird Designs. (In case you are wondering, I don't have this chart any longer.)
Further to issues with my neck that gets worse with stitching, I now seem to have a problem with the muscle around the base of my spine, from sitting. Whenever I get up from sitting, it hurts like a bruise. (Has this happened to you?) This just tells me I have another area to figure out exercises for! The dark side of getting older! So I try to do more active things, and despite the heat, I am gardening more.

Here's Julius saying "Hiya!"
Hope all is well with you!

7 comments:

Robin said...

We had 60s and rain last week and this week, they are saying upper 80s and low 90s. Very steamy indeed! Your roses look great. Hi Julius!

Robin in Virginia

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful stitching & frame, it just look fantastic :)

Vickie said...

Love your roses.
I have that pain from sitting too long. I sit on a thick cushion, this helps. Also getting up and not sitting for long periods. And not slouching while sitting.

Maggee said...

Vickie's ideas are just what I would recommend also! Though I don't always 'follow' my own ideas!! Glad to see you are still blogging, even if you don't have stitching to share... I like your framed BBD piece--nicely done, so cheery! And GREAT colors! Hugs!

Beth said...

Abraham Darby is my favorite rose I think. Way to hot the past few days - 94f yesterday. U hope you work it out so you are able to stitch again.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Well Melissa, today is our first properly warmish day. Puss cats actually managed out into their run and loved every minute of it as it was warm enough for them. Each year brings it's own issues, my neck and shoulder are the same old, same old and now I have a hip issue added in for good measure. I bought a new pillow at the weekend and it has made a small difference. Have you ever tried sleeping with a neck roll inside your pillow case. I couldn't do without it - I was advised to use this by a physio years ago and recently was told never to stop using it. It may be worth thinking about.

Brigitte said...

Your roses are so beautiful, I particularly love the light pink one.

Not so good that stitching is worsening your neck problems. But at least you can do your sewing without getting more pain. Last year I had shoulder problems as well but I'm glad that they went away after a while. Sitting for too long and then standing makes my knees and lower back hurt. It's not so much fun when our bodies get older, lol. I hope that you can sort your problems out so that you can stitch again.

We were having three really hot days, nearly 30°C, but after that it went back to rather cool temperatures so that the heating still has to be on. But I always prefer this to the heat :)