Monday, 30 March 2015

Spring Forward

With the change in season but particularly the time change, I think my mind is just a bit more slider-y, all over the place. There are so many things to do and enjoy! For this post though, I will focus on stitching! "Focus" is the word!

Here are some finishing of my smalls. The first is a part of an OOP design by Birds of a feather called Anne Wells. I am so glad I decided just to stitch it as a small so I can really enjoy the little house surrounded by flowers and two lovebirds. ;-)  I used a pink fabric to bring out the pinks in the flowers.
Anne Wells by Birds of a Feather
 The second one I love too for those orange flowers! Actually I think Paulette picked really wonderful colours for this one. This is stitched on a 32 count linen and ended up quite big. Imagine if you are a over one stitcher...this would be so adorable as a much tinier pincushion!
My Pinzzzz by Plum Street Samplers
Here is my start on my third Santa for my Prairie Schooler Santa SAL with Carol and Hilda. I am still stitching from the same booklet. 
Edited later to add:
Oh I'm so forgetful these days. I just found this photo in my camera. I wanted to show you these goodies that I got from Paula of Kelmscott Designs. Paula has started a new line called Whimsical Edge Designs. They have been mentioned in the latest Attic Newsletter too.  Thank you, Paula! These designs are so sweet!

I have to tell you about this book I read recently that I just loved - A Man called Ove.  It's about a grumpy old (though I don't consider him old at 59!) man - my favourite kind!  Not! But it's a great read: funny, sad all rolled up in a lovely story.
It's been very wet here lately but I am not complaining as I still see plenty of snow back east! It makes for good reading weather! Have you read a great book lately? I would love to hear about it.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a lovely week. I can't believe a quarter of the year is over already!

21 comments:

Robin said...

Congratulations on your two finished finishes, Melissa! I really like the portion of Anne Wells that you stitched. Nice start on your next PS Santa! I will have to add Ove to my list.

Robin in Virginia

Mdm Samm said...

Hello Melissa..very pretty pieces and your book sounds quite interesting in a wet season..psst wet here too

Vickie said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet! I am really loving Anne Wells.

marly said...

Oh how sweet. Not familiar with Ann Wells but certainly love this piece of her.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely stitching and finishing Melissa. I'm currently rereading the Jeffrey Archer Trilogy which starts with Kane and Abel. I also reread all twelve of the Poldark novels recently too.

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

What wonderful, sweet finishes, Melissa! I also really like Paula's new line - that sheepy is super cute. I'm adding Ove to my list!

Ranae said...

Super cute finishes

Annette-California said...

Such pretty finishes! I just love the pretty perfect fabrics you pick out for each of them. Lovely!
love Annette

Brigitte said...

OH great, your new finishes. That pink flower-y fabric complements the flowers in the piece very well, and this little pillow with the orange flowers looks so great surrounded by the gingham fabric. The choice of fabric is often what makes me delay my finishing for days or even longer. It's sometimes so difficult.
Very nice start on your third Santa. And enjoy your cute goodies from Paula.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Your finishes are darling Melissa :) Very nicely done! And I've seen the book, but now am interested in it! HA :) Good Going You!

Margaret said...

Love your finishes! Lovely gifts from Paula too! Have to look up that book now -- looks interesting. I've been watching too much tennis so my reading has slowed down. lol!

Christine said...

Your finishes are adorable!

After someone else's recommendation, I put myself on the list at the library for A Man Called Ove. Nice to hear you liked it as well. I'm looking forward to it.

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Melissa,
Your little pillows are so cute. Love the designs and the finishing.
Melinda

Barb said...

Wonderful finishes! Have you read, "All the Light You Can Not
See." ? I think it won some awards last year. I loved it. It was an amazing story.

Von said...

Nice stitching and finishing, Melissa! It sounds like the longer days have energized your brain! I've felt more like that until today as the wind brought in something that I'm definitely allergic to. Achoo!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Beautiful finishes and cute Santa start! I'll have to look for that book.

Lois said...

Love your finishes and your next Santa start! I love the colour palette that Paulette uses in her designs and the My Pinzzzz one is no exception!

No books to recommend, my reading has been taking a back seat lately.

Andrea said...

Wonderful finishes. A great start to your PS Santa too.

Dani - tkdchick said...

You've done a beautiful job on your finishing!

Carol said...

I've been having trouble focusing this week, too, Melissa--can't blame my problems on the nice spring weather, though, as there is none here :( Not a single thing is blooming for Easter this year...

Your little pink pillow is so sweet--very whimsical and fun! And the other PSS piece is darling--love the way you've finished it.

I finally got started on my third PS Santa, too--he only has a head so far :) I think it's interesting to watch the different ways people stitch a piece. Some do all of one color first--others hop around from motif to motif or color to color. Me--I just start at the top left and work straight down :)

Lovely things from Ellen and I will check out that book you recommended--have never heard of it! And guess what arrived in my mailbox today? :) Off to email you!

Maggee said...

I am finding that taking parts of a pattern and making smalls appeals to me also! Love the pink pillow, and the orange in the Pinzz pillow are delightful! You will have a wonderful Santa collection by Christmas!