Monday, 9 March 2015

Hello March!

We are a week into March already!  I find the days just passing by so quickly. We have had amazing weather and I can share with you some photos and, because I'm Canadian, I have to say "sorry" to those folks still in the depth of wintry weather.

First off...the cherry trees started blooming two weeks ago! That's about a month earlier than normal, although I don't know what "normal" is these days with regards to the weather!
I love seeing the blooms lining the streets.
Yesterday we were out in Richmond and saw these breathtaking views. 




It was just one of those perfect days! I think when I first saw the sun sparkling on the waters, I literally gasped it was so stunning.

I have been stitching on my PS Santa and I'm almost finished so I will wait to post it. Also, I have started some hand finishing work so "show time" will be coming soon.

In the meantime I can show off my March shelf.  I decided to put some past exchanges in there from other wonderful stitchers along with two of my own.
Let's see if I can remember...going from left to right:
1. Angel is from a local designer, stitched by me.
2. The design is Friendship Pin Pillow from Heartstring Samplery
3. Little round box is stitched over one (!) and is from Blackbird Designs but I can't remember what it's called.
4. Center pillow is done by me, and was a Blackbird Designs exclusive kit (I think)
5. The half moon is a Mary Garry design.
6. This is from dear Anne, and is a freebie from Threadwork Primitives.
7. This last one is from Andrea, it's Spring has Come from Prairie Schooler.

I can't remember who sent me 2, 3, and 5. Apologies!

Hope to be back with some real stitching and finishing soon! Thanks for stopping by!

Have a great week!

25 comments:

Lianne said...

Lovely photos!!!
You should say sorry, especially to those of us still buried in snow and dreading the looming thaw snow,,, just teasing, enjoy your lovely blossoms! You are the envy of the rest of Canada I am sure. Can't wait for things to start blooming. Happy stitching!

Shebafudge said...

So beautiful! Great scenery!

summer said...

beautiful photos, spring is so welcome!

summer said...

beautiful photos, spring is so welcome!

Mdm Samm said...

how nice to see real blooms as opposed to snow here still in Ontario Canada....our turn will occur I just know it...nice post

Vickie said...

Gorgeous by you! Some snow is melting here in Wisconsin. Yay!

Hilda said...

Oh Melissa! These photos of the blooming cherry trees are just stunning. And so are the photos of the oceanside - a breathtaking view indeed.

You are already going to finish your second Santa? You are so quick! I am looking forward to seeing your green Santa finished!

I really love all the finshings of your March shelf!

Have a wonderful new week!

Hugs
Hilda

Robin said...

Fabulous nature pictures, Melissa! The cherry blossoms are simply gorgeous. I love your March shelf. You have finished some lovely pieces and have received some lovelies in return.

Robin in Virginia

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Gorgeous blossom Melissa, it's so early though, our cherry blossom is still in very tight bud and so are our magnolias.
The views are stunning and your March shelf looks so neat. It's a great way to mark the months.

Gillie said...

Definitely should be sorry, lol, though to be fair it's 40 degrees here so definitely some melting going on! Though
buds are still very far off.......

What a pretty shelf.

Mary said...

Beautiful pictures of a lovely day Melissa! The cherry blossoms are wonderful

What fun to see this month's display, They're all great, but I'm such a softy for the Prairie Schoolers. Funny how everything works together so perfectly!

Barb said...

Your March shelf holds beautiful designs. I loved your photos! I think we who live in the NW live in one of the most beautiful places in the world!

Margaret said...

Love your March shelf! Perfect for March! Love all the wonderful spring pics too! Now that it's feeling slightly hopeful here with warmer temps, I'm hopeful for our springtime to come. I hope! Did you know that your area of the country just didn't have winter? That the Iditarod had to be moved because there was no snow in the usual area where it's held? This is in Alaska. All the snow came here instead. lol! And your area had nothing. Crazy weather. I'm hoping next winter we'll have a winter like yours. lol!

Lana said...

Love your lil' March shelf!! Such gorgeous finishes!!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Love seeing those cherry trees! Oh the pink loveliness! I enjoyed seeing your shelf picture too. Have a good week!

Anne said...

It's nuts isn't it?!?! I can't believe that we have the cherry's out already. Here in New west, they are just starting to bloom. We tend to be a bit later. I'm in love with all the magnolias that are out! They are my favourite and my Nana has two glorious magnolias in her yard. Your spring shelf is so beautiful and I spy the little tulip pillow I made you! I think it's time for me to make you another little pillow...maybe after baby is born?! Lol! Hugs to you!!

Barbi said...

I sure do miss the cherry blossoms lining the streets. I used to live in Surrey (before it turned into what it is today) and we had three in our backyard.
Love your shelf.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Your spring is way, way ahead of us and usually we're way ahead of where we are right now. I'm so longing for spring. blessings, marlene

Brigitte said...

I love all your spring pictures, they just show me what we will see soon I hope. I love the blooming cherry trees they are the first to bloom here as well, but not yet. Spring is still a bit shy up here, lol.

Wonderful stitched pieces that you have gathered as your March display.

Lois said...

Love the pictures Melissa. I've noticed a few cherry blossom starting to flower but they're not as far on as with you.

Love your choices for your March shelf - several of those pieces I've thought about stitching but have yet to get to them.

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely pictures & beautiful display of stitchery :)

Beth said...

Lovely lovely photos! Spring is the best! And such a nice display of smalls. I took your advice and bought some narrow shelves from Ikea several months ago, but have not yet gotten around to installing them. Must do so!

Carol said...

Just look at all of your spring beauty, Melissa--wow!! And as I look outside it is still snow covering my grass, rain, and gray skies :( I'm so happy that you are having such a lovely March, though!

Your March shelf is so pretty! Fun to see all of those gifts from friends throughout the years...

I'm off to email you now--finally!! Have a great weekend :)

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can make money by locking selected pages of your blog or site?
All you need to do is to join Mgcash and add their content locking widget.

Blogger said...

Are you making money from your premium file uploads?
Did you know AdscendMedia will pay you an average of $0.50 per link unlock?