Monday, 8 December 2014

Tell Santa - Have you been...

Naughty?
 or Nice?

Such a sweet design from Blackbird Designs. I think this comes from the Christmas Garden booklet. I have stitched this once before for an exchange and I liked it so much I wanted to stitch it for myself.  

Here's a peek at my next project in progress. Any idea what the design is?  
It's been busy around here as I've been doing lots of tidy up, clean up, and decorating. I don't know where I'd gotten the energy from but I just went with it and got 'her done! Now will begin the Christmas baking! 

I need to take a break from stitching as well. I tend to just sit for what seems like hours at a stretch and now my neck feels like it's going to give me grief again so I'd better do something else! Does that happen to you with stitching? How long can you sit and stitch for at a time? I am just curious. 

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you won't get strained by all the Christmas shopping! ;-)  Have a great week! 

17 comments:

Cole said...

Lovely! I don't think I've seen that pattern before, it looks like a fun stitch!

mimma said...

So god BBD! Like this pattern, very nice.
mimma

mimma said...

"So good" of course! Sorry

Shelly said...

Very pretty! I can sit and stitch for 2 hours straight undisturbed but that never happens. After that, my left shoulder starts getting sore.

Katrina said...

Gorgeous - this one has been on my to stitch list for ages :) Have a good week :)

Robin said...

Lovely finish and lovely WIP, Melissa! I usually stitch for an hour or two before having to get up and move or do something.

Robin in Virginia

Vickie said...

Beautiful! I can stitch for 2 hours without getting up.

Carol said...

How pretty is that, Melissa--and it's "your" colors, too! So sorry your neck is so bothersome after your stitching sprees. I tend to get very antsy after 1 1/2 hours or so--just can't sit longer than that. My neck is okay, luckily...

Sounds like you're in good shape for Christmas already! I spent today decorating the tree and welcoming back all of my ornament "friends!" It looks so pretty :)

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Barb said...

That's a very cute design! My neck is ok but my hands give me fits if I do more than about 2 hours.

Annette-California said...

Your ornament is beautiful!! I stitched this one this year but I gifted it for an exchange. Oh yes when stitching for a long time muscles remind us to take a break in between. Christmas baking sounds like the perfect solution - LOL!
love Annette

Mii Stitch said...

What a lovely design and beautiful finish!! :)

Maggee said...

Love that ornament--and I have that book! I will check to see if it is in there... Can't tell what the new start is... but look forward to knowing what you are doing next! Hugs!

Von said...

I could use some of your energy about now, Melissa!! I've done no decorating yet, just moved around some furniture to get ready. I really should start doing this before Thanksgiving, lol!

Margaret said...

Love that ornie! The new stitch -- I'm not sure what that is. An ark perhaps? lol! I sit and stitch for far too long. I try to get up every hour at least if I am putting in a lot of time stitching. I have terrible posture -- and I think it's because of my crafts. Ah well!

Andrea said...

Wonderful stitching. I'm usually up and down at least every 20 minutes. I don't like to be in one position for any length of time. So I get up have a walk around the room and sit down again.

Introverted Art said...

your embroidery is so perfect!

summer said...

love the naughty or nice design.