Monday, 29 December 2014

Sailing Away on a Houseboat

*Poof* Christmas went by so quickly and now the New Year is almost upon us! As we "sail away" from 2014, here's my last finish of the year... 
 
 


Noah's Garden by The Goode Huswife
I've wanted to stitch this for a long time and I'm so pleased it's finally done! I've even tried stitching it a couple of times and gave up.  This time it's stitched on 32 count mystery fabric with DMC, 2 over 2. I love it! It's so colourful and happy!

I really lazed around for a few days after Christmas but now I am finally getting back into action mode. Time to get ready for a New Year and that means some clean-up and tidy, some reflections and maybe, finally, some goal setting for this new year! 

One last thing, I did make up a page for my 2014 finishes for your browsing pleasure!

I wonder about my stitching goals for 2015. This past year I did do a lot of smalls which actually worked out quite well, so I might do that. I do miss my bigger samplers so I need to do a couple at least and make a dent in my big sampler stash!  My biggest hurdle with stitching is learning how to manage it while not aggravating my neck...

What are your plans for stitching? Any New Year's starts? Please DO TELL and share! 

I want to thank you to constant readers and new readers alike for your encouragement this past year. I've started two new hobbies - painting first, then sewing, and that's taken time away from stitching but you kept the seat warm for me, so to speak, to return to stitching. Thank you! 

I wish you all a Happy & Healthy New Year!

26 comments:

Shebafudge said...

What a gorgeous finish! Love it. xx

Karen said...

Noah's Garden is lovely. And I enjoyed seeing all your finishes throughout the year.

Barb said...

Noah's Garden is beautiful. I can see why you wanted to finish it. I usually do not make a list to finish as I see on several blogs. I have trouble with my hands so if I have one resolution it is to consider very carefully each thing I choose to stitch, making sure it is one I will treasure. I will try hard to avoid whims!!

Vickie said...

Now that is very nice! A Blessed New Year to you!

Robin said...

Congratulations on your Noah's Garden finish, Melissa! It turned out great.

I will continue on with smalls and ornaments with a few medium to medium large projects tossed in.

Robin in Virginia

Justine said...

Really enjoyed looking at your finishes, you've done some gorgeous things this year! I think Barb's idea to stitch what you will Treasure is great advice for us all.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Love Noah, his houseboat and his garden ;)
Happy New year!

Von said...

How nice to finish out the year with a great stitching finish!

This week will be really quiet and stress free. I always need that following Christmas. Perhaps my stitching bag will find its way out of the closet I put it in for the Christmas crush. :)

Margaret said...

Oh I love this one!!! Beautiful! I will have to wander over to see your 2014 finishes. Happy New Year!

Lois said...

I love your finish Melissa! I'm undecided between stitching smaller pieces or going for one large piece and setting myself monthly goals. All I know is that I do want to get back to my stitching but still enjoy my quilting. Happy New Year - where did 2014 go too?!

Chris said...

Lovely finish! This is really a sweet design. Your finishes for 2014 are great! What a wonderful stitching year.
I hope to stitch more in 2015!
Happy New Year!

Gio P. Cruz said...

Beautiful colors, I love it!

Melody said...

What a great finish! I like the design.

Andrea said...

A wonderful finish. No set goals for me, I'll just go with the flow.

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching , just found your blog .
Happy New Year.

valerie said...

What a great finish, Melissa! Happy New Year! :)

Cole said...

Gorgeous finish Melissa! My stitching goal... it's simple, I need to stitch more!

Happy New Year!

Carol said...

I love this newest finish, Melissa! What a fun one that must have been to stitch... I do hope your neck issues resolve themselves in 2015. I've been struggling with a pinched nerve in mine, too, and am wondering if stitching isn't aggravating it?

No new starts for me--just finishing up my January ornament :) I am so addicted to smalls and yet I have a wonderful stash of larger designs just begging me to stitch them. I fear they won't get any attention until I retire :)

I've so enjoyed our friendship this year and reading your blogs! Hoping 2015 brings much love, laughter, and good health your way, my friend!

Maggee said...

Noah's Garden is really cute! Look forward to your finish-finish! If I really apply myself, today, I will finish Jenny Bean's Christmas Sampler for 2014! Off to stitch! Hugs!

Anna van Schurman said...

Cute finish! I'm planning to stay with the Smalls SAL and do Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge. Looking forward to reading about your plans.

Brigitte said...

What a wonderful design to finish the stitching year with. And I have also looked at your finishes page, it's so impressive to see them all together.
I'm very curious to see you stitching goals for this year. I am also always a bit torn between smalls and big projects. My real love are the big ones but I need the feeling of having finished something from time to time and that can only happen with smalls, lol.
Have a great new stitching and sewing year whatever you choose to do!

Frances N said...

I LOVE the Noah's Garden! The colors are so pretty! Lovely!
I will continue to stitch smalls, but I really want to work on a larger piece, too. I must make some choices!
Happy New Year!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I very much like Noah's Garden, I've never seen this design before. I'm a fan of all things Noah:-)

barbara said...

Melissa, it is LOVELY!! I have this in my stash, but seeing it all stitched up with all the lovely, bright colors ... Oh, I'm going to have to do it soon!! :)

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Love your Noah's Garden finish, Melissa! I stitched this a couple of years ago (maybe more... time flies) and still love it. Beautiful stitching, as always!
Happy New Year to you!!!

Beth said...

My plans including stitching an ark or two!