Sunday, 14 December 2014

My little collection of Christmas finishes

Hello there, happy stitchers! Are you busy or should I even ask? I have been busy baking cookies this past week and giving a lot away to happy munchers! I like doing it for precisely seeing the happy smiles, the gleam in their eyes, when they receive the home baked cookies.  I left some at a friend's doorsteps and she told me when she got home she ate three before she even hung up her coat! That just makes my day!

So, no fresh stitching to show this week but I thought I would collect what I have to show you. I stitched and finished more Christmas designs in the last year than I've ever done, which actually reminds me ... I have some I should dig up. They were meant to be framed but maybe I could temporarily fudge them to just hang on the wall, a la Marly!I love her displays!

Here we go:
My husband put up a couple of these IKEA picture rails above a work table recently and I so love them for I can quickly change the display. 

Here's my "bowl" for this year.
The little tree  highlights recent pieces from stitching friends Andrea and Paula (Kelmscott Designs).
Then of course, here is my quiet little helper. Daisy was "talking" to me this morning while I was staging and taking photos.  I love that pose!
Thanks for coming by and thanks for leaving me comments to read and smile at!  Have a great week, however crazy and busy it gets!

28 comments:

Beth said...

So pretty Melissa. And such a good helper you have. Especially taken with the reindeer and the BOAF snowman.

Vickie said...

Looking great! Daisy is such a pretty kitty.

Annette-California said...

Very lovely decorations Melissa! Love the railing your hubby put up. Daisy is so beautiful - great photo.
love Annette

Mary said...

Everything is staged beautifully Melissa and Miss Daisy looks so poised and ready for Santa! I always enjoy seeing your work.

Robin said...

What fabulous Christmas pieces you have, Melissa! I love your wreath in the first photo. Did you create it yourself? My favorite is the reindeer in the first picture. Daisy is beautiful.

Robin in Virginia

marly said...

Daisy is beautiful! Love the bowl fillers, but I am on the hunt right now for your jingle bell tree. Sweet!

Marilyn said...

What a pretty collection of ornaments.
The Jingle tree is cool.
Marilyn

Barb said...

Lots of very pretty holiday stitching. Daisy is quite the poser!

Mii Stitch said...

Love your holiday stitching display, it looks fabulous :)

Margaret said...

Love all the holiday pieces and your decorating! I need one of those IKEA rails. Put it on the list. lol! I can never capture Mia when she's sitting like that. She always moves before I snap the picture. Daisy poses well! (Yes, I know it's the same picture as in your other blog. :D)

P.J. said...

Very lovely stitches! And Daisy is just precious. :)

P.J. said...

Very lovely stitches! And Daisy is just precious. :)

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

What gorgeous displays you have in your sweet, warm home! Daisy..what a doll!

Chris said...

Great job getting so many ornaments stitched this year! They look wonderful. I love the chair rail too. I will have to check out IKEA.
Thanks for all of the holiday cheer!
Hugs

barbara said...

Delightful finishes!! I want to display mine in a bowl, but the cas are convinced that the world and everything in it is a toy for them. :P

Von said...

Baking for our loved ones is a special thing, both for the baker and the recipients of the baked goodness. :) My sister is the cookie baker and will come up for Christmas with a huge bin full of them to delight all the young men in the house!

Jeannine520 said...

Great finishes, I especially like the BOAF ones but that darling Daisy certainly steals the show. Beautiful girl.

Ranae said...

Beautiful collection of ornaments. Daisy is gorgeous

valerie said...

Your holiday pieces are so whimsical and fun! Love them!

Joy said...

Love all of your stitching...I so want to stitch the reindeer. I have that exact jingle bell tree! Miss Daisy is one pretty kitty. Merry Christmas!

Lois said...

Love your Christmas stitching, especially the BOAF ones! I do love the wreath too - did you make it? Have a lovely Christmas Melissa!

Hazel said...

What beautiful Christmas stitching. I love your basket of smalls. I think I might have to copy!! Love your little helper too. Sweetie. x

Andrea said...

Wonderful Christmas stitching. Love the wreath.

Carol said...

Miss Daisy looks so prim and proper in that pose, Melissa--a real lady :) You are so lucky to have those helpers around each day!

Your bowl of ornaments is great! I have my eye on an old dough bowl of my mother's that looks just like yours... I think my favorite is that Noel one in the front right corner--so sweet... And your little tree really shows off the stitched pieces very well, too. That railing is a great idea--it will be fun to see what each season brings to it :)

Enjoy your weekend!

Angela P said...

Lovely stitching :)

Frances N said...

What lovely Christmas stitching! All looks so pretty--in the bowl and on the tree!
Your kitty looks like a model!! Pretty girl!

Brigitte said...

I never get tired to look at your wonderful stitching and finishing. This year's bowl is looking so gorgeous, you have chosen some great designs to stitch.

That picture rail from IKEA is a fantastic idea for displaying all kinds of decoration. I will have to look for such a thing next time when we are there.

donnacrafts said...

Your winter samplers are just perfect. I think they look great displayed together. Enjoy!!