Monday, 3 November 2014

An Early Christmas Exchange

Hello and Happy November! Here we are awash in rain, but I hear some of you poor people have already been hit with winter weather! 

I have some stitching to show!  This is an early Christmas exchange I did with Paula from Kelmscott Designs.  She made me this cute ornament. It is adorable and will fit in nicely with my snowmen and santas.
I stitched from a freebie from Plum Street Samplers. It's called Emmanuelle. I chose not to stitch that word because of the over-one stitching. I replaced with "Joy" on the side. I used my own silks. I also outlined the dove with a gold floss to make it stand out more. 

Thank you, Paula, for suggesting the exchange. It got me back to doing some stitching again!

I also want to thank everyone for their comments and emails about my lighting question in my last post.  The picture below shows my old bulb which is 24W. They don't make that size anymore in the "Type B" bulbs.  I ended up getting a shorter bulb that's 18W but at least it fits the existing lamp and I can use that for awhile and not replace my lamp altogether!  It's not as bright of course but it will do for now.
Daisy's motto is to snooze through the rainfall.  Cats are so clever, aren't they? ;-)

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you are keep snug and dry!

14 comments:

Margaret said...

Awww, Daisy is so sweet! Nice ornaments! Love what you stitched for Paula -- nice! The sled is so cute too!

Lois said...

I reckon Daisy has the right idea!!! What a nice exchange - both ornaments are lovely!

Marilyn said...

What pretty ornaments.
Daisy is a pretty kitty. :)
Marilyn

Mii Stitch said...

Both ornaments look great, it was a sweet exchange ;)

Mary said...

Love the tiny sled! How clever is that?! Daisy looks like she's spending her time well.
































Robin said...

What a nice exchange between you and Paula! Glad you can make due with a different watt bulb for the time being. I like Daisy's idea about snoozing.

Robin in Virginia

trillium said...

I like that dove ornie and the star button is a nice touch.

Barb said...

What very pretty ornaments! You have a very smart cat! All our NW weather has been good for is taking a nap!

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I just love your ornaments...they are so cute and so adorable.

My area got rain all day today...it poured down rain the whole day. It is also cold outside too. I took a nap along with my child - my kitty kat. He loves to curl up just like your cat does. They are clever and they know how to keep themselves warm.

Happy Stitching...

valerie said...

Great ornies exchanged between you and Paula! Love your O Emmanuel one with the cute little tree and button on the back. So glad you found a solution for your lamp even tho it's not as bright. I still need to order a backup bulb for mine...just in case! :)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I think the outline on the dove really makes a difference. Daisy looks so relaxed, I'm envious. Using the best lamp to suit makes such a difference Melissa, I feel that the one I'm currently using could be better.

Maggee said...

I love the outline on the dove--that really makes it pop!! Great stitches--both!

Marie said...

Very nice exchange sent and received.
I will be stitching 10 of the sleigh designs for a friend who bought them but now does not want to do the stitching! :-)



Anne said...

Beautiful exchange gifts made and received. I really love the little pillow you made for Paulette. So sweet! Good to hear that you can make do with that bulb instead of replacing the whole shebang. If yours does break, I can always give back the one you gave to me. I use a headlight too when I stitch.