Sunday, 5 October 2014

If you want to see Green...

We are lucky the weather has been kind and we are easing into Autumn with grace...


I started back to my acrylic painting class in September and here is my latest painting from a photo of apple blossoms.   I have to admit it took me awhile to get back into the swing of painting. I'd forgotten so much through the summer since I hadn't picked up a paintbrush at all! Good thing the same teacher was there to help.
I have stitched a Christmas exchange last week but, of course, can't show you that yet. I have found too that my body (neck, shoulder, low back) is not happy with stitching. I go back to the chiropractor for a snap/crackle/pop tomorrow then I should be fine. ha ha.

I have added more to sewn garments to my closet. Have a look here.

I leave you with some sunflowers drying up. I actually like them in this state as they remind me of Van Gogh paintings. 

Thanks for stopping by! Have a lovely week!

12 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I am so very impressed with your art work Melissa, you've done a great job with the apple blossom.
I hope all goes well tomorrow with your snap, crackle and pop!!

marly said...

Your acrylic is wonderful! I like the cat print and am impressed with your sewing.

Margaret said...

Lovely garden you have! That's the big banana tree, right? Any bananas this year? Love the stitching by your sunflowers! Love your painting too, but I already said that in your other post. :D

Vickie said...

Yes! Yes! Very Van Gogh.
You truly have discovered a talent with your painting. Love this one also.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh Melissa, I love that green! Your painting is so beautiful. I'm always in awe of anyone who can paint. I popped over to see what you've been sewing too. Impressive!

Anne said...

Save for that week or so of rain, we've really had some lovely weather as of late! Loooove your garden Melissa! What an enchanting place to be! Your painting is amazing and I'm glad you are back at it...you are very talented! I adore sunflowers too and I should go buy an autumn bouquet to cheer up my place! Hugs!

Carol said...

Looks like you're having a lovely autumn in BC, Melissa--that banana plant is so impressive :) As is your painting--wow!! I wish I could draw anything--anything at all, but I have no talent in that arena :(

I think you should paint the fading sunflowers next! Van Gogh II, maybe ?

valerie said...

Your banana plant looks ginormous! Love your painting, Melissa! Glad to see you get back to it. I hope that the chiropractor can help you with your neck tension. The Van Gogh sunflowers look awesome...you should try to paint them!

Andrea said...

A lovely painting. Hope the body has recovered from the pounding!

Melody said...

Your painting is lovely! How pretty! I also spied some nice cross stitch pieces framed on the wall. :)

Marie said...

Your work on apple blossoms is beautiful...such talent!

I do like your newest addition to your clothes closet. The pocket trim is a nice addition.

I was out and about yesterday and saw a number of sunflowers. Many were withering from the cold here in VT but they still looked pretty.

Brigitte said...

Your artwork is really stunning. Such gorgeous colours on the apple blossoms. And all the greens, the ones in your painting the ones in your garden. We also have still sunflowers on some fields in the neighbourhood, but they are slowly fading.

I so love this time of the year when wonderful sunny days with incredibly blue skies alternate with days full of rain and storm. And all the summer heat is gone and the winter cold and snow are not yet here. It's completely enchanting.