Friday, 5 September 2014

Fall is in the Air!

I went out to the garden this morning just to see what's been happening. I've been quite neglectful in the last while as the weather changed quite a bit last weekend. There are still a few things blooming but a lot of the plants are looking tired and worn out!


Remember the bushtit nest from the spring? Well, here's the evidence! The red roses are still singing though. 
I've been continuing my dressmaking adventures over in my other blog. Please come for a visit as I have more to show there than here!

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Beth said...

I think the gardeners are getting tired and worn out as well! I know I am. 98f today and the same forecast for tomorrow. Far too hot for September - we've a football game at 3:30pm and we face south so we'll be in the sun - it will be miserably hot.

Annette-California said...

You have way more blooms than me!
I think I only have one left:(
love Annette

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I know how they feel (tired and worn out:-)
Our garden is now past that stage, it's very bare looking indeed.

Carol said...

Even in the fall, your garden still has such bright spots of color, Melissa! Going to check your other blog now :)

Marilyn said...

Very pretty Fall flowers.
Marilyn

Margaret said...

Beautiful garden! And I'm enjoying your other blog too. Most definitely!

Brigitte said...

You are right, our garden is also showing the first signs of fall and there are not very many flowers left. BUt I love the colours of the remaining flowers, all sorts of yellows and some reds. It's looking wonderful. Great pictures from your garden.

Terra said...

Sweet little birds's nest and flowers popping with color.

Karoline said...

Your flowers are looking lovely

Anne said...

you have a beautiful fall garden Melissa! Do you have any dahlias? Those are some of my favourite fall flowers. It definitely has cooled down a bit at night. I had to pull out the magic bean bag to warm my feet! Hugs...off to read your sewing blog!