Tuesday, 19 August 2014

What remains of August

Less than two weeks and we are sailing into September! Already the air has hints of autumn and the rays of the sun seem somewhat tempered. I met up with Anne recently for tea and she asked how the banana plant is doing this year. Well, here she is... (the banana, not Anne!)

You can't really see it but there are many "pups" that have sprung up this year. Pups are what we call the new banana plants that come up. The one that flowered before died, which is what they usually do. This summer, the heat has been just the best for these babies! 

Speaking of meeting up with Anne, look what she gave me! I introduced her to a new fabric store and she snuck this in with her purchases then presented it to me after. Such a cute print! Thank you, Anne! I'll have to figure out what to create with it. BTW, it's called "Cat Dream"!

And here are the dynamic duo. Daisy, seeing the camera, said "What? I'm on?"
 Here she turns on the cuteness factor...Pretty hammy, I'd say!


How did you like the latest Market releases? There are always such wonderful designs. I was amazed this year by the Magical Mystery Tour series by the Blackbird Designs ladies! So cute. I especially like the Yellow Submarine and Octopuses' Garden.

Well, I'm listening to Pharrell and bouncing around while I post! Happy! I am off to post to my sewing blog

Happiness is the Truth.

18 comments:

Marilyn said...

The Banana plant is cool.
Pretty kitties. :)
Marilyn

P.J. said...

Such kitty cuteness!! Love the fabric too!

Beth said...

"Purr-fect" fabric for you Melissa!
Looks like the kitties are enjoying the hot summer weather.

Hazel said...

Cute kitties! X

Vickie said...

Oh that is adorable fabric from Anne.
hahaha! Daisy makes me smile. =) Well, they both do.

Glenna said...

Love the fabric! (And I'm going online to look for some myself.) I hate to see the end of summer, even if I do like autumn too. Your sewing blog is wonderful, and I'm having to not get sucked into thoughts of sewing myself. No! No! No time! (Well, maybe...)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

It's lovely to be able to meet with other bloggers. I agree with you about the BBD Beatles releases, very clever idea. Puss cats have the ability to look cute without really doing anything in my opinion:-)

Jackie said...

I think I'm going to stitch Yellow Sub for my son. I might as well stitch something one of my kids will like!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your fur babies are wonderful--said one cat lover to another. Yes they can be very photogenic when they choose

Anne said...

I had to laugh out loud when I saw the banana not Anne comment! Glad to see the banana plant is thriving and pups are being born...lol! My husband thought it was funny too. I just did a post remarking about how the weather is changing a bit but you say it much better than I! I can't wait to see what you do with the fabric. Maybe a cat purse?!!! Oh that market that comes and tempts me. Well I'm not giving in this time! Although, the Beatles inspired designs is pretty brilliant! Have fun listening to Pharrell!! Hugs!

Andrea said...

Good to see the banana plant is still going strong. Yes the weather has a tinge of Autumn to it here too in the UK. Too soon to be thinking about jumpers and coats! Beautiful fabric.

Penny said...

I'm having a really hard time letting go of summer this year. It seems to have raced right past. Your banana plant sure seems to have enjoyed the summer. :) I love that fabric ~ cute! And speaking of cute - that would be Daisy and Julius. :)

Marie said...

Your plant is quite large! I thought of you while in wine country in the Niagara Falls ON area and saw SO many beautiful flowering plants...everywhere! Gorgeous. My "weed" flowered :-) I need to send you a pic.

Love the Andover fabric, too cute. Speaking of cute, those cats are adorable,

Margaret said...

So glad you and Anne got to get together -- love that fabric -- I bought a piece for myself last spring! Daisy's cuteness factor pose is what Mia does constantly when she wants attention. lol! I love that pose! I love the Magical Mystery Tour series by BBD too! of course. lol!

Karoline said...

It's been feeling more like October than August here recently but I imagine summer will be back next week when the kids go back to school :/
Nice to see your banana plant is doing so well and that fabric is very cute

Carol said...

I start bouncing around whenever I hear Pharrell's Happy song, too, Melissa :) You just can't help it, can you?

I'm so glad you met up with sweet Anne--and what a fun piece of fabric she left for you... Cat Dream is the perfect name--all those tiny mice, fish, and birds just waiting to be pounced upon! Daisy and Julius would never do anything like that would they--ha ha :)

Just read about the copyright issues with the new BBD designs Yellow Submarine and Octopus's Garden--will be interesting to see what happens...

Happy rest of August--it sure has flown by :)

Maggee said...

Now I have the Happy song in my mind! Clapping along... How cool to meet up with Anne! Lovely fabric pressie too! Gotta run. Big Dr. Day for us today!

Brigitte said...

It must have been great to meet sweet Anne in person. I love hre blog very much and I'm sure you had a wonderful time together.