Monday, 4 August 2014

Happy August, peeps!

Hello, lovely people! It's hot and sunny here. Almost feels like a mirage except for the fact that we have lots of fans going in order for us to stay sane! ;-)

I've had a nice break from blogging. I've been sewing my little heart out in July. If you doubt me, go see my new blog

Yes! I have created another blog called A Closet Full of Posies.  Literally, it's my sewing room with a closet to house all my sewed garments. I have wondered whether to put my sewing in this blog but after much consideration I decided to have a separate space for it. 

You will see that I have a post for each garment sewed. This way I can record what I learned while I made it and anything I want to change, etc.  I will try it and see how it goes. I will still keep this blog going but right now I'm just playing in another room. 

I haven't even been painting, let alone stitching! We did put up a couple of these great picture ledges from Ikea to house my artwork. 
You've seen all the fruit ones but the flower one is new-to you. I finished back in June. The bigger piece in the upper left hand corner is not finished yet. I am not happy with how the clouds are looking.  But, that's for another day.

I hope you've been enjoying a nice summer. It finally dawned on me that I think the weather pattern may be changing for us here. We used to get rainy cool summers but now we seem to get hot weather in July & August. Not a bad thing. My tomatoes are tasting yummier because of all the sunshine and heat! 

Even though I haven't been stitching, I am enjoying seeing all the lead up to the August market and the new releases coming soon! 

So, please come for a visit to my other room, but make sure you have a very many few minutes. I created 9 posts today! 

Happy Week!

17 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow, you are one talented artist! I love your paintings!!! Wow! I will go look at your other blog, but not now. I want to wait till I have the time to take my time. :D So to speak.

Gillie said...

So how did I miss that you are an artist and sewer as well as a stitcher? Lovely work. Aren't tomatoes perfect picked and eaten straight away?

Vickie said...

Oh my! My favorite painting is the flower. :) Love that you have sewn your own clothes. I have sewn a few tops and a skirt. Not any other clothes in over a year though.

Jackie said...

Your painting is gorgeous! That is definitely a talent I'd love to have.

Off to read your other blog....!

Marilyn said...

Great sewing blog, and nice paintings.
Marilyn

Hazel said...

Gorgeous shelves and artwork. Off to check your new blog. x

Carol said...

So nice to read your update, Melissa--I've missed you!! But, after looking at your new sewing blog just now (love the name by the way!), I see what's been keeping you busy. You're going to have to build a new closet in your home just to house all those beauties--really lovely patterns and fabrics and your sewing skills are just wonderful :)

The artwork looks so great on your new shelves--really like the flower one. What a multi-talented artist you are!!

Hope you send some of your warm weather east--we have had your normally cooler rainier summer this year and I'm not happy with it!

Beth said...

Those ledges are a great idea for your paintings. I've been considering something like that so I could have a revolving display of framed cross stitch pieces.

stitchersanon said...

Love the art work. Wonderful

Andrea said...

You have a wonderful art gallery. Some beautiful paintings. Also you have been very busy with your sewing, some lovely tops.

Brigitte said...

Oh good to see that you have finished your blog pause. So great how you display your art work here. That flower picture is looking gorgeous.

We are having a cool and wet summer over here and I am so enjoying it. Of course there are sometimes a couple of hot days in between but the cool weather always returns. A summer right after my taste. BUt I agree, for the tomatoes a hot summer is much better.

And now I'll head over to your new sewing blog.

Tammy said...

Your stitching in the below posts is beautiful! And your paintings? Awesome!! You are a very talented woman. They are lovely!

Maggee said...

Okay--making me visit another blog huh? Into my feed it goes... :)

KimM said...

Holy cow! You are so talented! Love to see your creations.
xxx

Annette-California said...

Your paintings are beautiful! You are so talented. love Annette

Anne said...

Hello Melissa!! I had such a lovely time with you the other day!! I need to take my friend to that fabric store now!! Plus it would be great to revisit it...hehee. Thank you for the Ott (sp?) light! I've been using it at night to stitch on Sarah and it works fabulously! I'm off to properly comment on your new blog. PS...you are very talented!! Love the artwork! Hugs!

Introverted Art said...

Well done Melissa!!!!!