Sunday, 16 March 2014

It's a Small(s) World After All - Part 1

Hello, all you lovely people! It's been awhile. I took a break from posting but I was happily, busily STITCHING!  Am I shouting? Well, just a bit; just gleefully happy (hopping from one foot to the other) that I have A LOT of finishes to show you at last!  I will break them up to make up 3 posts but here you will get an idea why. 

Count'em - Twelve! Yippee! And I have 3 more but they are gifts so I'm not showing them until they've been received. Here are the backs of the twelve pieces I've been finishing ALL week long! 
I'll start with a little piece is called "Buzzzz" by Bent Creek. I've had this little design for years and I'm so glad I finally got a chance to stitch it. I added 3 little rusty bells in the corner. The backing fabric is what you see in the lower left hand corner above. (For some reason I couldn't load the photo with the actual backing fabric shown with my stitched piece.) 
The next piece is a portion of "Beneath the Sunlit Sky" from Blackbird Designs.  Back in 2009 I had stitched it for an exchange. I had loved that piece and it was hard to let it go! I told myself I would stitch it again some day. 

So here it is. I actually had a different finish at first, without the top portion and the bottom pink fabric much 'longer' then added a chenille trim. I didn't like it. Too bad I had forgotten to take a photo of that. Well, I ripped it all up and came up with this, which I think is more 'balanced' and I am happy with it.


The next one is "Pray for Peace" by Birds of a Feather. I modified the design slightly. See the brown ribbon? I save scraps of things like a magpie and I've been wanting to use it forever. I like it here. 
The final piece of this post is a modification of the lovely design "Ghoul Tidings" by Plum Street Samplers.  I had a smaller piece of fabric (greenish that doesn't show up well in the photo) and wanted to use it for this. It's perfect but the piece was too small for the original design so I made the design smaller for myself. 

So, that's enough for this post. I'll come back with another 4 in a few days. (Note this is my sneaky way to get more posts in!)

While I was taking photos of my stitching one day, Daisy was near by.  Now usually when I try to take a photo of her, she hears the camera readying to click and she'll move. This time, while I was busy doing something else she actually called to me and rolled over for this pose. No kidding! I was quite surprised how ham-my she's become!  
Spring has arrived here, precisely last Tuesday. No, not according to the calendar. According to my sinuses! I was sneezing up a storm. That's how I know Spring is here! We've had some lovely warm sunny days but we have had some stormy ones too, like yesterday and today. I know some of you are still having some mean winter weather. I hope warmer winds come your way soon! 

Thank you for your visits. I do appreciate and enjoy reading your comments. Have a great week and Happy Saint Patrick's Day tomorrow! 

31 comments:

Vickie said...

Good for you! Great finishes. I am hoping for those warmer winds, cuz yep, it is still cold here!

Natasha said...

What awesome finishes!! I love stitching as many as I can and then have a day set aside JUST for finishing, so much fun... well unless I sew something wrong then all should watch out LOL

I save ribbons and odds and ends too ya never know when they will come in handy.

Thanks for sharing :)

MartyG said...

Great finishes!

samplerlover said...

Some wonderful finishes there.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Great to see your finishes, they are all really bonnie and I like the way you've finished them. I love your little ladybird - is it a bead or a magnet? Daisy made me smile, I love that pose.

Von said...

Nice to catch up with you, Melissa, and to see all the stitching/finishing you've done! Congrats!!

donnacrafts said...

Melissa, the smalls are so pretty and so well done. You are very talented. I am working on smalls now also after finishing another sampler. Feel good!!

Merry Wind Farm said...

What a tease you are, Melissa! And what a wonderful finisher you are too! :)
Melinda

Beth said...

My Cat Crew says, "Hey!" to Daisy! What pretty finishes Michelle. I really like Buzzzz. Looking forward to your future post with your others.

Catherine said...

Fantastic finishes!

Blu said...

Wonderful finishes!

Rowyn said...

They are all lovely, can't wait to see the next instalment.

That's great that Daisy decided to pose for you this time. A lovely photo. She looks very content.

Brigitte said...

All these smalls are so delicate. Great designs you chose for your stitching and wow, such lovely finishing. I can easily imagine that it took you a week to finish all of them. It would be the same if I finshed all the stitched smalls that are in my to-be-finished box, some of them for years. It's a pity that we don't live near each other, we could meet for regular finishing parties, lol.

Marilyn said...

All great finishes, can't wait to see the rest.
Marilyn

Theresa said...

Love your smalls finish!!! They are so beautiful~

Mary said...

What beautiful little gems you've put together! Each one is perfect.

Chris said...

Wonderful finishing! Isn't it great to have that pile done! They are all wonderful.
Daily looks so content!
Have a great week!

Mii Stitch said...

Great finishes!!! Stitching heaven :)

LaNelle said...

Perfect! Looking forward to seeing next installment......Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Margaret said...

Your finishes are beautiful! I love seeing all 12 with their backings too -- fun pic! Your finishing is pretty with the ribbons and all. Great details. Yay for Daisy, finally getting her share of the spotlight!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh goodie! Something to look forward to this week. I love what you shared today. Can't wait to see more. Have a good week!

Andrea said...

Happy St Patricks Day! Wonderful finishes. Awww Daisy is just so cute.

valerie said...

Congratulations on your smalls finishes Melissa! They all look great! Daisy looks so cute in that photo! Hope you have a good week! :)

Evik said...

Great and sweet finishes Melissa! And Daisy ist absolutely brilliant :) From December we have cat also ... kitten Hetty ;)
Hugs
Eva

Anne said...

You are teasing us Melissa! Only showing us a couple!! Wonderful finishes! You have been a busy bee. Hopefully I will be productive with stitching/sewing this Spring Break. If only the weather got a bit warmer! Love the photo of Daisy posing for you. Hugs!

Carol said...

Why you little finisher, you--you HAVE been busy!! And they all turned out great--can't wait to see the rest. I can't believe how quickly you got them done, Melissa. I'm such a slow finisher it would take me weeks to finish all those :)

Our snow is gone--hooray!! Spring is on the way--hope your allergies aren't too bad this year...

Have a lovely week stitching and cuddling the kitties!

Marie said...

Daisy is too cute!
Wow, you have been busy. Great job on all your finishes. I can't wait of the reveal of the 2nd grouping.

Mmanka said...

Wonderful finishes! They are so lovely!

Introverted Art said...

little kitty enjoying a nap!!!

Maggee said...

Great finishes, but I must see MORE! I am behind in reading posts...maybe you HAVE posted more, but I haven't gotten to them yet! sigh...

Karoline said...

Gorgeous finishes and finishing, congratulations