Friday, 6 December 2013

Thank you, Andrea!

I knew I had forgotten something after I pushed the Publish button on my last post but what? Then it hit me, I forgot to mention the lovely RAK I received from the wonderfully talented Andrea of The Craft Room! Me bad. 
 
Here is the pretty treasure, front and back!

The workmanship is so neat and beautiful!  I love it - thank you so much Andrea! 

My next project? Well, I started on LDD's Margaret Cottam but found the WDW Cocoa linen too dark for the Schneckly floss, and my eyes too! So I put that aside and found something much lighter. This is Prairie House from Blackbird Designs' "A Stitcher's Journey" book.  
Given the state of my current attention span (very little) this is a good size project for me during the Christmas prep season! 

Here's where my Christmas stitching are hanging out waiting for some type of finishing! 
Baking is on my mind (and now too much in my tummy!) lately. I finished baking these yesterday afternoon.  If the boxes are looking empty that's because I've started to give them away. I took a bunch over to my brother's and my parents today. I figured why not have people enjoy some now rather than give them a glut of them later when they are stuffed to their gills by Christmas time! (Yes, contribute to stuffing them now rather than later! Claim your space in their tummies!)
It seems like it's been a long time since I've done so much baking. I am also tweaking recipes too trying to (1) use some other flour like spelt in addition to the white, and (2) lower the sugar. It's a bit hit and miss but these are really good. In case you are wondering, clockwise starting from left - Coconut Cranberry Ginger, Neapolitan, Fruit and Nut cookies.  Next week I will do more chocolate cookies as per my son's request!

This morning we thought we would do a quick trip to Costco, thinking a Friday morning would be ok. Wrong-o! Could not find parking! So we thought we would try another Costco - ditto. So, rather than fight the circling sharks cars in the parking lot, we headed home. Because if it's bad outside, it's going to be a ZOO inside! Traffic in general was a lot heavier than normal. I guess the Christmas rush is really on now! I don't like crowds. 

I also have been feeling a bit tired and fighting a sore throat so I thought it would be best to head home and ...face the tins of cookies with a cuppa tea! lol.

Weekend is here - have a good one! Thanks for stopping by! 

17 comments:

Catherine said...

Love your stitches and yummy cookies!! I do hope that you are feeling better!

Carol said...

Such a great ornament from Andrea--she does the most perfect finishing! Oh, yummmm...those cookies look amazing, Melissa. I think most people would rather get goodies now, too! Good thinking :)

Love your stitchings--which one will you finish first?

Margaret said...

Love the RAK and your stitching too. All your xmas stitching looks so nice together! Yummy baking too -- so nice your family is all so close. Feel better -- hope you're not coming down with something.

Lisa V said...

Love your Christmas stitches, cant wait to see what you make them into.

Hazel said...

Beautiful gift from Andrea and love your Christmas stitches! Lovely to catch up!

Brigitte said...

OH yes, a wonderful gift from Andrea. And all your Christmas stitching, so great to see the pieces all together. I love each and every one and don't have a favourite although there's a Prairie Schooler, lol.
Good for you - and for your family, lol, that you are in a baking mood. Baking is for me like finishing - I have to force myself, sigh.
I hope you won't be ill and keep my fingers crossed for you.

Vickie said...

Perfection in that ornament you received. Good plan with the cookies. That rarely works around here. Unless I freeze them. Then they can't eat them all up on me! ;)

Andrea said...

You're welcome. :)

Oh the Christmas crowds ... just don't ... it's all too much ...

Baking sounds much better ... yummy. Hope you are not coming down with anything. Keep warm, a hot bath and curl up in bed.

Giovanna said...

What a lovely ornament from Andrea - and what a great new BBD start :-)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Christmas crowds aren't much fun, I try to avoid them at all costs. I hope your sore throat doesn't develop fully and that you feel better soon Melissa.

Glenna said...

So Christmasy! I've just gained 5 pounds looking at your cookies--for whatever reason, baking is not something I'm terribly good at, but I sure do love to eat! I think Andrea's RAK is just lovely, as are your finishes!

Sherry said...

Love the stitching and all the cookies are making me hungry!

Chris said...

Hey Melissa! I hope that you are feeling better. I think that you made the right decision in not going to Costco :(
I love your Christmas dinishes, the BoAF & PS designs are fabulous. What a lovely ornament from Andrea. The cookies look amazing.
Have a great week!

Mii Stitch said...

Love the little RAK present! Your Christmas stitching is fabulous & those biscuits!!! Yum Yum :)

Maggee said...

Andrea did a fine job! So pretty! I have to go back in your posts to get the name of the designer for Let it Snow--that is really cute! Your ornies are all cute, and I look forward to seeing them in their final state--eventually! Hugs!

Anne said...

Melissa!! Isn't it sooo cold out?!! Can't believe how chilly it's been. Hopefully you are staying warm in your house and getting ready for Christmas...as I see you are on your blog with loads of baking and stitched Santas. Such a beautiful ornament from Andrea. She creates such meticulous finishes. Lucky gal you are!! Prairie House is looking great too. Love the colours!

Hugs to you and warm wishes for the holidays :D

Marie said...

Andrea's stitching is amazingly beautiful, she is talented.

Ohhhh, your cookies look delicious. I can cook but baking....not that great at it. :-)

I love all of your Christmas stitching.

Hope you don't get sick...too busy for that.

Have a wonderful holiday.