Wednesday, 21 August 2013

A little more of Matilda Ann

A mid-week post! Now there's a surprise. I was trying my darndest to finish the border on Matilda Ann Charles before I posted.  I was very tired of petals when the last one was completed last night!



I stitched from the bottom up. When I finished those two baskets with the names, I was going to do the flowers/fruits in them but I was wondering about the colours to use (since I've ended up not following the design). Then I thought it would be better if I finished stitching the border first. Now I can stand back and squint and...keep my fingers crossed that what I decide on will work out and won't involve too much frogging!

Are you excited to see the new releases from Market? I am! So far I have seen a few things I like from Paulette, Brenda, and of course, Barb & Alma!

I am constantly inspired by the colours in my garden, whether they come in big or small packages!

That's it. Short and Sweet. Thanks for visiting. I really hope to finish Matilda Ann by end of the month but we have some "stuff" coming up that may take up my time elsewhere. We shall see. Thanks for your visits and your comments - seems you are all alien-friendly folks! Have a good week!

18 comments:

BrendaS said...

Beautiful stitching Melissa! The colors are so pretty:)

Andrea said...

So pretty Melissa! Love those funky A&E's :-)
Lovely flowers too!
xox

Catherine said...

Very pretty!!!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what will be released at market. I like one of the new Plum Street designs - it's the one that was done for a Shepherd's Bush retreat. I'm going to try to be sensible as I haven't stitched as much as usual this year.

Margaret said...

Ack! I'm in love! I need to stitch this one too. Ack!! Market. Don't talk about market. I'm in deep trouble. lolol!

Carole said...

This is going to be gorgeous.....love the border!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

You are such an inspiration! I think we love the same color pallet and so everything you stitch, I want to stitch, too! This is no exception; it's gorgeous! I do thensame thing when i stitch and change colors. I rarely do a one for one color swap so it makes sharing the conversion difficult at times. I get it!!! Your garden flowers are stunning.

Annette-California said...

Congrats on finishing the border. It looks stunning. I love it when we make our own changes with the colors. I do understand and its fun:)
Your flowers are so pretty.
Beautiful stitching. love Annette

Chris said...

Matilda is gorgeous!! You have made great progress!
There are so many wonderful n things coming out at market. I love it, my budget doesn't.
Gorgeous flowers.

Penny said...

I love the colors in Matilda! So pretty! And I'm far too excited about some of the things coming out at market. :) Now if someone would just sell some extra time to stitch everything I want to stitch. You have such beautiful flowers in your garden!

Mii Stitch said...

Great progress!

meggie said...

Beautiful stitching and gorgeous flowers!
Happy weekend (:

Anne said...

I love this sampler...I think I've said it before. But it really is charming! I hope that you won't have to fudge/frog too much! Loving the new releases too but I have to resist as I have far too many projects on the go plus others waiting in line! Love your sunflower! Probably the best thing about the end of August :D

Brigitte said...

Oh yes, this sampler gets more and more beautiful the more I see of it. The completed border just adds a lot to it.
I haven't seen any of the new releases yet. And I should stay away from looking at them as long as possible, lol.

Karoline said...

Matilda Ann is looking gorgeous, although I can believe that border was a challenging stitch.

Your sunflowers are lovely, I'm still waiting for mine to come out

Andrea said...

Your sampler is looking beautiful.

Mmanka said...

Hello Melissa! I have just found your blog and love your beautiful finishes. (And your flowers, too.)

Lynn said...

Lovely stitching! That border is gorgeous but involves a lot of work. I do think though that it was a good idea to get it done and then decide on your colour scheme.
Our tastes are so similar. My favourite designs at market were all from BBD, Paulette and Brenda. I just received a few of them yesterday.