Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Here's Looking at You!

Hello from Forever Summer-land! I think we've had over two weeks of sun and heat which is so unusual for this area so that it feels like you are on holiday even when you are home.

I've been doing some gardening today and feel like legs "a la jelly" at the moment. I'm taking a break before heading out later to do more of the "renovation" - digging up, moving plants, throwing out ones I don't like, especially the aggressive thugs that try to take over the garden, then general weeding and such. Fun! Like playing in the sandbox!

I have been doing some stitching too. This little stitched flower makes me like of a little pansy flower with a happy face! Here we go, stitchy pictures...





You like? I like! It makes me smile. 

I've not shown you any photos of the kitties for awhile! Here they are in their favourite spot! My DH and I joke that we bought the house because of the window seat for the kitties! 

I love the photo where she is looking at him, so cute. He's definitely the ring leader. By the way, do your cats eat flowers? Julius has, in the last year, started to nibble at flowers I bring inside. He adores tulips and roses! *sigh* 

The white hydrangea is toppling over with the weight of the flowers. That's what I mean about renovating the garden!
It is very warm today. Yesterday I worked in the garden and it was ok as there was a lovely breeze. This morning I only did an hour, kept drinking water, but felt very tired. Time to hide inside for awhile! 

Hope you are well and managing to enjoy season where you are. Take care and have a great week!

20 comments:

Deborah said...

Beautiful stitching. The colors are wonderful. The kitties are darling. I would have bought the house for those great window seats.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I do enjoy seeing your two pusscats. Both have such bonnie markings and I do love that long ginger tail. We've never had cats eating the flowers but they do pull them over sometimes. It seems to be hot all over at the moment Melissa - enjoy it while it's here.

Margaret said...

I just love your WIP. Sigh.... Gorgeous!! Love seeing your kitties too! So cute! That window seat is perfect for cats for sure! Beautiful flowers!

Mii Stitch said...

Beautfiul work on your wip!!!

Chris said...

Beautiful progress on your sampler. The cats look quite content. Gorgeous pic of your hydrangeas :) Stay cool, and drink lots of water while you are out in that heat :)

P.J. said...

Gorgeous colors on your project!! The kitties are so cute. It always feels good to have worked in the garden, stay cool!

Vickie said...

Your stitching is fantastic! That is a fabulous window seat, and they know it! What beautiful cats you have. It is too hot here for me to clean up the garden this week. http://astitchersstory.blogspot.com/

Giovanna said...

That sampler is really beautiful - nice progress, and lovely stitching.

Katrina said...

Too pretty, you know how much I love it :-). Still waiting on my chart to arrive.

Penny said...

You are making good progress on Jane - she is so pretty! Pretty kitties! I can't have any houseplants because of my cats. If they don't eat them, they dig all of the dirt out of them. Your hydrangea is gorgeous! :)

Introverted Art said...

oh your kitties make me smile :)

Annette-California said...

Oh wow! Your sampler is soooooo beautiful. Yes I love your happy blooms. Both the stitched ones and the real ones:) Darling kitties. love Annette

Catherine said...

Beautiful stitches and such cute kitties!

Karoline said...

Your sampler is looking gorgeous, great progress
I hear you on the gardening, I have loads I need to do out there but we've a heatwave here as well so it's too hot to do anything

Andrea said...

Beautiful stitching. Your cats are lovely.
Too hot here in the UK to do anything! I'm tired just getting up in the mornings!

Anne said...

That sampler is divine! I'm totally in love with it! The colours and motifs are just wonderful and look like they are fun to stitch. Your garden is so beautiful. Hydrangeas are one of my favourite bush flowers. My Nana has two, one blue and one purple. Love picking a couple of stems to put in a vase. This weather...so wonderful! I can't believe we've had such a great summer so far!

Hugs!

Anne said...

Oops, forgot to mention I adore that photo of Julius and Daisy looking at each other! So cute!

Grit said...

Your stitching is so beautiful. And the cats are so cute.

Brigitte said...

This sampler is such a beauty. The more I see of it the more I want to stitch it myself.
I love Hydrangea, they belong to my favourites in the garden. Hvae fun remodeling your garden.

Lynn said...

What a delightful sampler! You're doing a fabulous job of it. Are you using the called for colours or have you switched any out? Really lovely!
I love your kitty photos. Clarisse would definitely hang out on the window seat all day. She would think it luxurious since her usual perch has no cushioning.