Sunday, 9 June 2013

Sundary morning post

Gosh, what a difference a week has made! I feel so much better now than I did a week ago! Thank you for all your kind words and encouragement. For that, I have a few things to show you in return!

First all, framing! I absolutely love this piece by Blackbird Designs and knew I wanted it to be on my wall where I can see it every day.
As you can see, I've added it to a small collection which hangs above an old kitchen table that I use as my "work table".   Notice the funky lamp on the lower right? It's great fun and throws out a lot of light and oh, yeah, makes the tinkling sound everytime I go to turn it on/off. Sweet!
 Next up, an oldie from last year, finally framed.The design is from Little by Little. I love the calmness of the piece.
I will save a couple of other framed pieces for the next post. 

Now here is my progress on Bird in a Bough. It's a funny little piece. The colours of the pink and blue are so at odds with the browns and greens bu,t somehow, they work as part of the folk artsy design. I can't wait to get this done now so I can move onto something new. So much to stitch, so little time! ;-)
Since it is June and the month for roses, here are a few. The first photo is a combination of two different roses (Leander and Strawberry Hill) and the combination is my favourite of peach/apricot/pink. 
Here is a close up look at a Leander bloom for the garden. 
This next one is Pink Peace and it's gigantic. I'm holding it up with my hand so you can just imagine the size of the bloom. 
Finally, not a rose but a gorgeous poppy. 
Well, I feel so accomplished as it's just shy of 9am and I'm done with this post!  Now, onto breakfast - I hear my husband cranking up the cappuccino machine! 

Thank you for stopping by and thank you for the comments - I really appreciate them!  Enjoy the rest of Sunday and have a great week ahead!

24 comments:

Catherine said...

Love, love, love your framed finishes and the peek into your home! Those little bottles in the window are great and your stitched pieces are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your flowers from your garden as well!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

whoua !!! I love your samplers !!! very beautiful stitiching !!

bisus from FRANCE

Glenna said...

Such a pretty Blackbird Designs sampler in its frame. And your roses (and the poppy)...beautiful combination of pinks and peach.

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Beautiful framed pieces. Just love your bird in progress and that white poppy is stunning. CJ inOK

stitcheranon said...

Totally beautiful all of them. They look amazing framed

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I really do like your new stitch and the roses are just gorgeous. I don't think we'll see our roses out till July this year. We've had a recent burst of warm weather but I don't think it's enough to bring them on after the lasting cold weather we had.

Vickie said...

Your wall looks fabulous!
Oh what roses. Love them. My favorite colors.

Giovanna said...

Stunning framed pieces - well done! And the roses are wonderful too.

Anne said...

Wow! Since you've been off of work your needles, and framing, have been hard at work!! Lovely new BBD piece. I love all of your little framed pieces together. You truly have a knack for picking great frames. Little by Little is very calming with the muted colours and pretty flowers. The new one you are stitching is looking great and those colours somehow do work!! I can almost smell your roses from here. Makes me want to take a trip to the rose gardens in Stanley Park, except I don't think they are in bloom quite yet.

Hugs

Penny said...

What a lovely addition to your work area! You always choose such pretty frames! I absolutely love the colors in the Little by Little piece and you are making good progress on Bird in a Bough too! Beautiful flowers!

Lois said...

I'm behind on your posts again and have missed some lovelies recently. Enjoy being at home and being able to enjoy the things you love to do. Love your framed pieces. Your roses are beautiful. Mine are still some ways from blooming yet.

Marie said...

Your flowers are gorgeous! I wish that I did a better job at gardening, everything seems to die. UGH

I look forward to seeing Bird in a Bough completed ~ great design.

Your framed pieces are wonderful and I love how you hang them around the window, including below.

Margaret said...

Wow, I love your framing! the frame on the BBD piece is so pretty and perfect for the piece too! Love Mecklenburg too! I love your collection of samplers displayed together -- gorgeous! Love that lamp too! Your flowers are spectacular as well! Enjoy -- glad you are feeling better!

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful framed finishes!!!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

What a great way to display your beautiful pieces!! You've made such good progress on you "Bird" pieces. It's looking great. Your garden must look so amazing! Thanks for the pictures of all those fantastic flowers.

Stitchinowl said...

Nice BBD finish! I love your sampler wall display. Pretty flowers - seeing the photos brightened my day!
Carolyn

BrendaS said...

Gorgeous framing! I love all your samplers hanging on your wall! What great inspiration:)

Algodão Tão Doce said...

Acabei de conhecer o seu blog,achei maravilhoso.Visite:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

Obrigada.

Beijos Marie.

Karoline said...

Your framing is gorgeous, I like the arrangement over your desk.

Your flowers are looking lovely

Andrea said...

Lovely framed finishes.

Jan Gartlan said...

Such beautiful pieces. I love your bird WIP!

Carol said...

I'm so glad you are adjusting to life without that hectic job, Melissa :) Great to hear!

Your framed pieces are gorgeous--always love seeing your sampler walls. And your little collection of ink wells is growing nicely--they are so pretty on the windowsill.

I'm so envious of your perfect roses. We just can't grow them well in our soil and with our deer "family" living in the woods. Someday, I hope to live in a part of the country where I can plant anything I want without it getting devoured :)

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Beautiful framed pieces, and lovely flowers!

Brigitte said...

So good to read that you feel so much better. You really deserve it after all those weeks and months full of stress.
Your framed stitching looks fantastic!