Sunday, 30 June 2013

Playing with a box of Crayons

For stitchers, the equivalent of playing with a box of crayons is playing with masses of floss that we've all acquired over the years! This is an old design and while I tried to match up the floss colours (I am using silks), I ended up switching up colours as I went, which meant quite a bit of frogging as well. 

Guess the sampler, Part II...


If you guessed "Jane Harris" you are correct! If you didn't, it's not a surprise as this is quite an old chart. The little photo was all that was attached to the chart.  I had to squint!

I am so enjoying this happy, colourful piece!
No post in the spring/summer would be complete without flowers...


Lastly, here is a framed piece I had forgotten to show earlier this month. It's Be Kind and True by Blackbird Designs. 
As you can see, I have photos to share but not too many words right now. I'm a bit all over the place recently. When you have time there is so much you want to get done. While we had some rainy weather in the last while I managed to get some much needed de-cluttering started inside. Not every exciting, is it? 

Thanks for your visits and I do appreciate your taking the time for comments on each post!

Have a great week! To my Canadian friends, Happy Canada Day tomorrow!

22 comments:

stitcheranon said...

Beautiful! I love the colours you have chosen. It will look spectacular when it is done xx

Mary said...

Your samplers - not to even mention all the flowers - are amazing!!

Catherine said...

Love your samplers and flowers!!

Margaret said...

Oh I so love this one! What a surprise -- I love everything you stitch. lol! Lucky for me -- I checked my stash list and I have this chart! lol! Love it! I'm going to have to dig it out. Love your flowers too -- so pretty! And the framing! So pretty! I like your taste in frames!

Katrina said...

A lovely post Melissa, love your framed piece!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I like your choice of colours, silk is so nice to stitch with. It's good to de-clutter once in a while, it feels so good when it's done. Happy Canada Day tomorrow to you and your family.

Deb said...

I started that sampler too and had the same problem - the colors were definitely dated. I haven't stitched it for a while because I got worn out testing colors, but I think that I have the ones I want settled on. I should get back to it. I found that sampler advertised in an old cross stitch magazine, so you know those colors are definitely outdated.

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Jane is looking colorful and beautiful. LOVE IT! And your flowers are both also.
~Nan

Giovanna said...

That's really pretty!

Cathy B said...

Jane looks wonderful. The flowers have such vibrant colors! Lucky you to have a newly framed piece!

Joanie said...

I love this sampler! Oh my! Beautiful!

Carol said...

Wow! That is one big sampler, Melissa--and your color choices are so pretty... Another beautifully framed piece for one of your sampler walls--again--the colors you use are always so soothing.

Hope you have a lovely week--and Happy Canada Day to you tomorrow!

Penny said...

Another beautiful sampler!! I've always been drawn to this one and I can't wait to follow your progress. :) Always love your frame choices! And your flowers are looking pretty!

Lois said...

Pretty colours you've gone with and Jane is looking lovely so far. Great frame for your BBD piece and I loved your flower pics!

Mii Stitch said...

Great post! Love the samplers & great pictures of flowers x

Theresa said...

What a beautiful WIP!!!! I love the happy colors!!!

Love your framed piece~~ Another awesome sampler for your wall!! ^^

Happy Canada Day to you!!!!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

The colors of your Jane Harris sampler are stunning! And your flowers are just beautiful. I see you have lots of beauty surrounding you this summer! Perfect frame for you BBD!!!

BrendaS said...

The colors you've chosen for your sampler are just stunning! LOVE IT!

Very nice framing on your BBD as well.

Have a great week!

Karoline said...

Jane is looking gorgeous, great progress

Lovely flowers and great framing on your BBD

Katrina said...

The BBD piece is just so pretty and I love, love, love, Jane, your colors are gorgeous. I'm a search to track down that chart now, LOL.

Brigitte said...

All these reds - wonderful. This sampler will look gorgeous when finiashed.

Elisabetta said...

Gorgeous works, your stitches are perfect!