Sunday, 10 March 2013

A Mouse in the House!

First off, I want to thank you for your kind comments and encouragement while I go through this bumpy patch of work?no-work? Oh, there's more and I'll tell you in a minute. Second, even with making little progress on my stitching, I appreciate that I have new followers almost every day. I scratch my head a bit but I do appreciate your interest!

So, no stitching was had at my house this past week. However, I did work A LOT (at my job) so I had the good fortune to bring home this little mouse to my house! Meet Little Ted, my cross stitch mouse! 

I love how his little left shoulder is holding the needle and floss. Actually,doesn't he look like he's doing the boogie-woogie?  He's so gorgeous. Here are a couple of more photos. 

Little Ted comes from the house of "Mouse Droppings", from the hands of Mama Susan! You can see more (and better) photos on Susan's blog. I just love him! Thank you, Susan!

Now, I will show you some watercolour from the book that Little Ted is sitting on in one of the photos above. The book was something someone donated at the library and I got it for 50 cents. It was without a jacket. It's called The Doyle Diary, published in 1978. I haven't read the story but I just liked the illustrations. 




The style of illustration is "old-fashioned", isn't it? I don't think we see much like that anymore. I just love it though! 

So, work - you'll laugh at this as that's all I can do. I found out that I may be cut from the project due to budget reviews. Ahhh, well, if you are scratching your heads, I can't blame you. I will just "go with the flow" and see what happens. I have been working a lot and will again this afternoon. I'll work while I can, and stitch when I can.

It's time change today. I loathe losing the one hour. It takes my body at least one week to adjust to it. Before I go down the path of griping, I'd better end this post! ;-) Thank you for visiting and be careful driving tomorrow - the day after time change, statistically, there are more accidents!

24 comments:

Deb said...

I just love your mouse!! So sweet. And I love that book too. I think that the library sales are the best place to get great books. I always bring home far more than I should!

Giovanna said...

Your Little Ted is just adorable! I hope things improve on the job front, best of luck...

Carole W. said...

Your mouse is darling....let's hope your kitties don't mistake him for the "real thing"....love the book!

Catherine said...

Oh gosh! I saw your little mouse over at Mouse Droppings ~ and that it had quickly found a home ~ so happy to see he's with you! Hope things work out with your job!

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Little Ted is darling. I love Susan's work. So many wonderful details. Enjoy!

Mary said...

Too cute! The illustrations of your book remind me very much of SL's Emma Miles.

Margaret said...

Ah, so you were the one who got the little mousie! lol! I forgot to email at the right time -- the disadvantages of not being in pacific time. :D I love Little Ted, but I'm sure he's happy with you.

Good luck with the whole work thing. I hope you keep your job.....

WoolenSails said...

I love that little mouse set, Susan does such wonderful work on her pieces.

Debbie

Laurie in Iowa said...

Little Ted is adorable. He's gone to a good home. Love the illustrations in the book. I like old-fashioned.
Sorry to hear about the job roller coaster.

Diane said...

Ok, even I (who can't STAND mice and am not afraid to kill them) LOVE Ted. He is simply the cutest thing! If I had to have a mouse in the house, I'd spare his life and make him most welcome and comfortable!
Diane Grick
Silver Creek Samplers

marly said...

A mouse in the house is a wonderful thing when it's as special as Ted.

Annette-California said...

Such a darling mouse. Oh hes protecting your stitching:) I too love old fashioned illustations - great find. So sorry to hear about your job. Hope they don't have to let you go. I do wish you a wonderful and safe week.
love Annette

Mii Stitch said...

What a sweet little mouse! Ted is just adorable, well done!

Theresa said...

Little Ted is sooooo cute!!!!! What a great companion for stitching!!!!!!

That book is gorgeous!!!! Such a great find from the library~

Hope everything will work out about your job!!!!

Mouse Droppings Fine Folk Art said...

OK I am blushing after reading all of these comments about little Ted...I am sure Ted is feeling overwhelmed from all of these comments about him...I am pleased pleased!! That you love your new mouse Melissa and thank-you so much for giving him the spotlight on your blog...Cheerios Susan

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Little Ted is darling - I love Susan's creations but have yet to have one come live with me. Great book find, too - I love old books (or not so old books) with great illustrations.
I hope the job situation gets better.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

What a sweet little mouse! I have to agree, books with illustrations like those get me everytime too.

Marie said...

Your post title frightened me as I honestly thought you had a mouse in the house. Ted is just too cute!!!

I love old books like that. I would have snatched up that find since my mother's maiden name is Doyle. :)

I do hope that you are spared the job cut. UGH.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I've long admired the work of the lady who made your mouse, it's so neat. I hope things get resolved with your work situation Melissa, it's hard not knowing what might happen.

Carol said...

Eek! Or should I say "squeak?" Oh, Melissa, he is just adorable... I will have to follow Susan's blog so I can, perhaps, get my own little cutie some day...

Oh, work...I guess you just have to take it one day at a time. I do hope things work out for you--hang in there!

Karoline said...

Your mouse is gorgeous and I love the illustrations in the book.

{{{Hugs}}} I hope your work situation gets resolved soon

Anne said...

Melissa!!

The mouse is adorable and he looks like he's very helpful too. That book is so pretty and something I would have loved as a child. So sorry to hear about the work situation. I hope that things get sorted out and that you get a new contract soon.

Hugs!

PS...enjoy the SUN!!!

dixiesamplar said...

Little Ted is adorable, and I love the illustrated book (what a find)!

Abbey Crafton said...

O goodness! That mouse is beyond sweetness! You are so talented!
Darly