Saturday, 22 December 2012

So. We're Still Here! Merry Christmas!

I know, I know "Where have you been?" (Me, I mean, not You). I finished work on Wednesday for this year and was going to write a post called "Out of jail for Christmas".  Hmmm, maybe not very politically correct as I was referring to work (tee-hee).  But I was just pooped on my first day off work so I thought I would wait till Friday. Then, you know what Friday was, end of the world, right? Why would I want to waste time writing a post on my last day on earth?!!! 

OK, that was all very tongue-in-cheek.  How are you all? I have indeed been in jail of some sort - captured by Work! It's been a crazy 5 months and definitely goes with the "be careful what you wish for" saying. The first 3 months were something out of Tales of the Brothers Grimm variety - fighting ogres in deep dark forest, winning some battles, and running away to fight another day, all that sort of thing! ;-) 

I am so pleased to be off work for almost two weeks. I really need to get myself back to myself. I have not stitched, I have not blogged or only visited blogs once in awhile. Really, me bad indeed.  But we all have our way to turning inward to conserve our energy when things are stressful. You know what I mean!

So, for now, I just want to say "May your Days be Merry & Bright".  Merry Christmas! I hope, once I get all the Christmas things out of the way, to be back stitching in a few days!
Ho-Ho-Ho!

29 comments:

Joanie said...

Merry Christmas, Melissa and family! Wishing you the joy of the season!

Rowyn said...

Merry Christmas Melissa. I got paroled for two weeks too :-) LOL

Love your Blackbird designs Christmas piece. Very pretty.

Marie said...

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas. Enjoy your time off and I hep that you are blessed with some stress free stitching time.

Your sampler is beautiful.

Lisa V said...

Merry Christmas Melissa. Enjoy your time off.

Gillie said...

Love the Merry and Bright piece and love hearing from you! Enjoy your break!

Katrina said...

Merry Christmas Melissa, have a wonderful time :)

Annette-California said...

Welcome Back!!! Great to hear from you. Glad you posted. Merry Christmas! Enjoy your time off work....
love Annette

Annemarie said...

Aww, Merry Christmas to you too, you poor work horse. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will be able to get into stitching and enjoying-life mode in the new year!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

All the best for 2013 Melissa, I hope things slow down a little and give you more time for what you enjoy.

Catherine said...

Have a wonderful, peaceful Christmas! Hopefully things will settle down for you in the new year! Hugs!

P.J. said...

Merry Christmas and wishing you a Happy New Year in 2013. Love you piece you posted, very lovely.

Vickie said...

A Blessed, Merry Christmas to you!

Margaret said...

It's so good to see a post from you!!!!! Now you say you have almost two weeks off. Does that mean you're going back to fighting ogres when vacation is over? Will you still be stressed and unhappy? :( I hope not. Or at least I hope it's not stressful anymore. And in the meantime, enjoy your holiday from work! Happy happy Christmas and may you and yours have a happy, healthy, safe and wonderful New Year!

Joy said...

Enjoy your two weeks off and Merry Christmas to you! Love the stitching and framing!

Carol said...

Oh, I've missed you, Melissa!! So good to see a new post and know that you'll have two whole weeks to rest and recuperate...

May your Christmas be as merry and bright as that gorgeous piece of stitching!

Siobhán said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Melissa! I hope you get some more 'me' time in 2013. :)

Evik said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Melissa!

Eva

valerie said...

Good to see you post Melissa! Love your Christmas finish. Hope you an your family have a very Merry Christmas!

Theresa said...

So glad to see you back!!! I'm glad that you were not captured by the ogres~~ ^^

Merry Christmas to you an your family~~~

IrLik said...

Merry Christmas !!!

Hazel said...

Oh Melissa so nice to hear from you. Work has made me ultra busy too but it is so nice to stay connected through the blog. Love that design. Is it a BBD one? Merry Christmas to you and yours. Xxx

Andrea said...

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

Chris said...

Merry Christmas Melissa!
I love your BBD finish!

Linda said...

I've been checking your blog every few days - since August 19th. So when I went to check it today, I almost didn't believe my eyes! I was so happy to see a post from you again. Can't wait to see what you stitch next...
Have a good Christmas with you and yours..

Linda in VA

Jane said...

Merry Xmas Melissa! Good to see you're still blogging.

Dani - tkdchick said...

I hope you have a Merry Christmas and enjoy your time away from work!

Giovanna said...

Congrats on the pretty finish, and Merry Christmas!

Lynn said...

Merry Christmas! It's so good to see you back again. I hope you enjoy a much deserved and restful holiday.
I love how you chose to finish your BBD stitch.

Suzanne said...

I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year!