Sunday, July 29, 2012

Last day of Summer Vacation

Hello! I'm so glad so many of you enjoyed Julius' post last week! He was mighty tickled to read the responses! ;-)

Today is, what I consider, the last day of my summer vacation! Tomorrow, back to the "real world" of Working! This past week has flown by quickly. I got a lot of things done on my to-do list but, as you know, that list is ever growing! As much as I know I should take some time just to "chill out" I think sitting still would make me crazy right now!

I did finish stitching Mecklenburg 1775 by "Little by Little".
 Here it is, without the "floral decorations" -
This was a quick stitch. I used all the recommended DMC floss on 35 count Parchment. I did substitute the white flowers for blue and mauve ones after seeing how the white wasn't standing out too much on the linen. 


What's next, you ask? I don't know. I've started bringing out my "smalls" to try my hand at some newer-to-me finishing skills. We shall we what I come up with!


We are back in the sunshine again. Our banana plant in the backyard has been thriving.
Thank you for stopping by. It's been fun these last four months to be able to stitch and blog more on a regular basis! I like this next photo that my husband took. It reminds me to look up and appreciate the expansiveness of the world out there.
Take care! Have a wonderful week and enjoy the start of August! (Now, I can cross 'blog post' off my things-to-do and go to the next thing!) Cheerio!

23 comments:

marly said...

What a sweet little sampler. Simple little motifs put together perfectly! Best wishes for the new job!

Joanie said...

Good wishes are winging your way for your new job!

Love the sampler, it's in my stash (of course!)

Hope you are well....

Katrina said...

A lovely finish :) All the best for starting your new job.

Kathy Ellen said...

Ah, for the last day of your summer vacation.....I hope that you had a wonderful week of rest, relaxation and happiness.

'Mecklenburg 1775' is so beautifully stitched. I love those wonderful little Quaker motifs.

Blessings for you as you start back to work!

Giovanna said...

Pretty finish - congratulations!

Margaret said...

Now see what I mean? You always stitch things I either want to stitch already or have to add to my to do list after seeing yours. lol! Love the colors in this one. Congrats on the finish!! That banana plant is amazing! So it's warm enough to keep it outside year round? Or is that my imagination (that it's planted in the ground)? Good luck at the new job! I hope you love it!

Carol said...

Back to the "real world" tomorrow, Melissa--I wish you much happiness in your new job! They're lucky to have you :)

Your latest finish is so pretty and I can't wait to see your smalls finishing...

That banana plant is so neat--I assume it doesn't product bananas? Do you bring it in in the winter?
I've enjoyed getting to know you better during your "summer vacation"--don't be a stranger now :)

Laurie in Iowa said...

Congrats on your beautiful finish. Best of luck with your new job.

merumo said...

Gorgeous finish! I also stitched this one in different Color theme a few years ago and it's one of my favorite ones. BTW, I finally got succulents! I picked three different ones from Trader Joe's and love them all. I'll have to show them off on my blog some time soon. I'm still thinking about their names though. I want to give each me of them a traditional old name...

Chris said...

Lovely finish!
I hope that the first day back at work is a good one!

Teresa said...

Ciao Ho scoperto il tuo blog per caso e devo ammettere che sono rimasta incantata dai tuoi lavori, i tuoi sampler sono bellissimi e appesi tutti insieme sono notevoli.
Complimenti.
Teresa

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I love the newest finish! It's one I keep saying I should do myself. It looks great! I hope your first day is a good one! Good luck!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I do like your sampler, the colours are very soft and pretty. I hope all goes well with your new job and that you enjoy it.

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Beautiful finish, Melissa! I love the colors you used! That banana tree is awesome.

I hope you had a good first day of work today and that you're going to love your new job!

MoonBeam said...

Two nice finishes in a row! I love how you combine your blooms in the photos of your stitching. Also love the new header photo of your beautiful sampler.

Good luck back at work.

Bobbi

Anne said...

Melissa! It's a beautiful finish! This design is so lovely with the flower motifs and it looks like it wouldn't take an age to stitch! I love how you add the dried flowers to your photos too. I love adding something "oldish" to a photo! Your banana plant is lovely and I agree with you about remembering to look up and appreciate the world out there! Thinking of you today while you start your new job!!

Hugs

Joy said...

Enjoyed catching up with you...good luck on your new job. Elizabeth is beautiful as well as your new finish!

Terri M said...

Beautiful finish. The colors are so lovely.

Sharon said...

Love the sampler! Where did you purchase it from. I've searched a couple of sites on the web to no avail. :(

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Beautiful stitching my friend !

amitiés marylin

Lennu said...

It's a beautiful finish Melissa! Good luck for your new job!

Catherine said...

Such a sweet finish! Love the colors!
How cool that you have a banana tree ~ does it produce bananas and do you have to bring it indoors over the winter?
Best wishes to you with your new job!!

Brigitte said...

Isn't Little by Little a great designer? I love everything she designs and have a couple of her charts but have never seen this one before. It's beautiful, Melissa, a wonderful finish.