Friday, July 20, 2012

Guest Blogger: Mr Julius

Hello there! Mom calls me Mr Julius but you can just call me Julius. She's just making fun. 

I'm hiding in this box, you see, because Mom has been bouncing around the last couple of days going "Yippee Yippee Skippeee!!!" all over the house because she says "she's got the job". I don't know what she means. She has lots of jobs, like feeding me and the Daze (aka Daisy), and grooming us, and playing that silly ball game with me. 

Nonetheless she seems very excited and she's been making lists of stuff she has to get done before she "goes back to work". Hmmm, somehow that doesn't sound like that will be good for me and the Daze. 
Anyway, she says she's so busy that I can be her Guest Blogger this week!  Ahem...here goes!

A surprise from Scotland
In addition to her excitement over "getting the job", Mom came back from the mailbox the other morning doing the bouncing thing again. Apparently, this package arrived in the post. I sniffed it first to make sure it wasn't treats for me and the Daze. 

Mom says they are from here friend Ann in Scotland. She was so excited when she opened this package as she doesn't own anything from "Sajou" and then there are two Liberty fabrics. I tried and they are not edible so I don't know why she's so excited! Anyway, Ann has a lovely kitty called Poppy. I think she would be a lot of fun to play with. 


Mom and her stitching
Well, Mom was so stressed out waiting to hear about "the job" that she kept starting and stopping on projects. Finally she mumbled about "Oh, just stop thinking too much and stitch this one!" So here is what it looks like this morning. She said it's a design by "Little by Little" called Mecklenburg 1775.


While in her stitching room, I spied this old bunny pincushion that she's pulled out of the cupboard.  Hmmm. I must've been staring at it with my tail twitching because mom said "Don't even THINK about it, Julius!" That always means I can't play with something. *sigh*

Gardening
Mom loves to garden. That's another job she has around here. I love it when she brings flowers into the house. She found out in the spring that I love to munch on tulips so she stopped bringing them into the house. Then it was rose season and I found I liked roses too! Hmmm. I haven't seen many roses come into the house lately. I've been eyeing this neat striped rose that Mom calls Purple Tiger.

I've seen this flower in the garden. I thought it was called Scabby Knees at first, but then Daisy said "it's Scabiosa, silly!" Oh that Know-it-All!


And now, it's time for my nap. Mom says to say hi and thank you to all you nice people for coming by her blog and all your help with helping her get her job, whatever that means! She said if people like my post, she'll let me do it again. 

Signing off, may you have pleasant dreams.

38 comments:

Glenna said...

YAAAAAAAY! Didn't we tell you it would happen?! Thought bubbles accomplish big things!

Mr. Julius is an adorable guest blogger.

Laura said...

That is great news!!!!!!! Thank you Mr. Julius for letting us know!!! The package from Scotland is so exciting! Sajou!!!!!
Love your current project and the flowers!

Happy weekend!!!

Rowyn said...

Mr Julius is an exceptionally handsome and most excellent writer! :-)

Congrats on getting the job, that's such great news. Will there be some stash acquirement in celebration?

That is the cutest pincushion I've ever seen!

Have a great weekend Melissa.

Margaret said...

I enjoyed Mr. Julius' blog post very much! Congratulations on getting the job. Hurrah!! Three cheers! That's so great! Love the gifties of Sajou and Liberty too. Both brands and things I love. Great pincushion -- keep that Julius away! Pretty flowers too. Who would think cats would like to eat flowers? lol! Silly Julius! Have a great weekend, and congrats again on the job! OH, and great stitching too! I love Little by Little!

Anne said...

I think he should be allowed to guest write again!! Big congrats to you...even though I already wished you that..I'm so happy for you! Love the gifts from Ann! Wow, Sajou....you are a lucky gal!! That Mecklenburg is gorgeous! I'm working on a quaker design too!! That pincushion is pretty adorable! I have to say you have quite the green thumb Melissa...that rose is gorgeous! Scabiosa sounds like a spell from Harry Potter!!

Hugs

Annette-California said...

I'm actually crying happy tears for you Melissa. Oh CONGRATULATIONS! This is fantastic news. I've only been checking your posts to see if you got it, just not ready to blog yet. Okay this is one prayer I can check off my list - Prayer Answered.
Love Annette

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Yeah!!!! I am do happy for you! Love your fifties and your new stitchy start, too. That pun cushion is adorable! But you getting the job is the best news of all!!!!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Oh Melissa, I'm so happy to hear the great news!!! I need to look up that "LIttle by Little". So Pretty!!!
Linda

Penny said...

I'm so excited for you Melissa!! Congratulations! I hope you let Julius guest blog again - I love him! :) A lovely package from Ann! And lovely soft colors in your Little by Little piece! Very pretty!

Carol said...

First of all, Melissa--please tell Mr. Julius what a wonderful guest blogger he is. I thoroughly enjoyed his post today :)

I'm so very, very happy for you and I hope your new job brings much happiness... I hope you still find time for your stitching--your new start is very pretty and what a great group of goodies from Ann!

I was just admiring some little mouse pincushions online last night, but your bunny one is even sweeter... Remind me again where you bought him?

Enjoy a relaxing weekend--do you start your new job on Monday? If so, good luck on your first day :)

Laurie in Iowa said...

Mr. Julius you are a wonderful guest blogger. I'm so happy that your mom got the job. That is good news.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Hurray for your Mom and her new job :) You are mighty handsome Mr. Julius!

marly said...

Congratulations. I really like your guest blogger and LOVE your package!!! What lovely items! Looks like you've had a great week.

marly said...

Congratulations. I really like your guest blogger and LOVE your package!!! What lovely items! Looks like you've had a great week.

WoolenSails said...

Thank you for your wonderful post Mr. Julius, you made me smile. And tell your mommy that I am very happy that she found a new job.

Debbie

valerie said...

Oh Julius...you're so funny! "Whatever that means"! =)Fun package from Ann and a wonderful start on a new sampler. Looks like your mom is keeping busy! That purple stripe rose is amazing!

Cath said...

Yay!!! Great news Julius , thank you for keeping us informed and writing such a great post. Please pass on Congratulations to your Mom , glad the bubbles helped .XXX

Chris said...

Whoot!! Congratulations on the job!!!
Hello Mr. J, so nice to meet you.
You did a wonderful job. Doesn't your mom have lots of beautiful things? From Scotland, her stitching, her flowers. Looks like you live in paradise to me.
Hope you Daze and your Mom have a great weekend.

Vickie said...

Congratulations!! Wow! That rose and the scabiosa are gorgeous!!! I love that bunny pincushion.

Marsha said...

Congrats on the new job! It'll be hard to get back in the swing but worth it. The garden flowers are gorgeous and that bunny so delightful. Give a good rub to Julius, he's a great blogger.

Sweet Sue said...

Enjoyed this very sweet and delightful post. Congrats and best wishes on your good fortune.
I'm sure your feel 10 pounds lighter getting that pesky burden off your shoulders, I know I would:) Have a great weekend!

belle said...

Great post Julius!
A lovely present from Ann.
Beautiful flower photos.
Congratulations on your new job!

belle said...

Great post Julius!
A lovely present from Ann.
Beautiful flower photos.
Congratulations on your new job!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Gorgeous flowers Melissa, you must have a beautiful garden. As you know, I'm so happy about your new job and thanks for showing the little bits and pieces I mailed you. It was fun hearing from Mr Julius today - Poppy says hello.

Giovanna said...

Congrats on the job, and lovely stitching.

Siobhán said...

YahOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on the job!! Congratulations! I'm so glad that everything worked out for you.

I love your Mecklenburg. I have it stitched but not framed yet--story of my life! Your Elizabeth Savilles is STUNNING. Oh my gosh, gorgeous. Love it!

Give Julius a few extra treats for me--he is a great guest blogger. ;)

Loraine said...

So happy that you got the job! That is great news. Love the stitching and the darling pincushions. :)
Cute idea to have a "guest" blogger. Love it!

Catherine said...

Congrats on the job!!!
Love the stitches and Julius, you'd better leave that pincushion alone!!

Irene said...

Congrats on the job ! Loved hearing Mr. Julius' thoughts, especially about "The Daze". Maybe one day she can tell us hers.

Anna van Schurman said...

Great news on the job! Woohoo.

Lois said...

Well done Mr Julius - great post!!!! Love your Little by Little (well, what's new I always love what you stitch!!!) and I'm glad you've got yourself settled into a larger project (I'm still dithering!!). Lovely package of goodies from Ann and, last but not least, congrats on the new job!!!!

Veronica said...

Firstly, please congratulate your mum for me, Mr. Julius. So happy for her that she got the job :D

Secondly, you did a wonderful job as guest blogger. What a lovely package from Scotland your mum has received.

Beautiful stitching and that pincushion is just too cute.

Pretty flowers. They're not food though. No wonder your mum stops bringing them in. LOL!

Hugs,
Veronica.

Brigitte said...

LOL, such a sweet guest blogger.
Enjoy all your Sajou goodies, Melissa. And your new start looks gorgeous. I love Little By Little designs very much and will have to stitch one this year again.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Hey Julius, tell mom I said congratulations on the new job! I'm so proud of her!!! I knew just the right thing would come along and it did! Oh yes, tell her the stitching looks great and what a nice package to receive too! Have a good week you two!!

Karoline said...

Congratulations on both the new job and Elizabeth Saville, Elizabeth is gorgeous.

Mr Julius is a great guest blogger

Sharon said...

A big congrats to you Melissa on your new job! Julius is just wonderful!

Lennu said...

What a great post Melissa or should I say Julius :) Wonderful news!

Suzanne said...

What a fun post, Mr Julius is a talented writer. I love the sajou gift you received, what a treat.

Congratulations on the new job!