Followers

Sunday, 13 May 2012

Happy Mother's Day...

...and a Happy Sunday to all! I hope you are enjoying a fine Sunday whether you are celebrating Mother's Day or not where you live!

I have been very busy, with the garden but not with stitching or anything else! It's fun to be outside in the fresh air and sunshine. Luckily I do have some stitching to share with you on this post so I shall start with that.

First up, a wonderful surprise came in the mail, from sweet Anne. I had shared some of my linen stash with Anne last year and this was a thank you gift. She included an extra treat of the lace trim. Thank you Anne! I love what you made for me. Beautiful work!
Here's my progress on Nellie's Garden Revisited. As you can tell I haven't been doing much stitching lately!
Next up are a trio of tree peonies in full bloom this week. The yellow is a Tibetan tree peony and it's the first time it's bloom in the eight years it's been planted!
This red peony is gigantic and has over two dozen blooms this year! It is very happy basking in a position where it gets lots of sunshine!
This pink peony is my favourite. It is so delicate and pretty! It is tucked away in a corner of the garden and doesn't get so much sun so there are only two blooms this year but on it's very spectacular!
We've noticed a pair of chickadees nesting close to the house. They take turns sitting on the wire outside this window where someone else is keeping a close eye on them!
Daisy asks "Oh Mom, can I have one of those to play with?" (No, dear.)
This week has just flown by and by doing this post I realized I have to finish an exchange piece and get it out by Tuesday! Yikes! Thank goodness it's stitched. I just have to do the finishing so that should not be a problem.

Thank you for your visits. It's always a treat to read your comments! Here's a vase of lewisia to say goodbye. The wonderful colour combination of these flowers just bowl me over!
Have a wonderful week!

28 comments:

Laurie in Iowa said...

Beautiful garden photos. Love the gift you received and the progress you've made on Nellie's Garden.

Giovanna said...

That's such a pretty gift! And your flowers are just gorgeous. Nice going on the sampler.

Theresa said...

Beautiful flowers!!! Hope you are having a wonderful mothers day, too!!!

Margaret said...

What a lovely gift from Anne! Love your Nellie's Garden too. And your garden -- so yummy! I love peonies. :D Poor Daisy -- she wants the birdies so badly. lol!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely flowers Melissa, the pink peony is just stunning.

Barbi said...

Gorgeous photos! I miss BC!!!

WoolenSails said...

Your flower photos are stunning, beautiful shades and use of shadows.

Debbie

stitcheranon said...

Lovely photos, especially as it is stormy and horrible here! The cushion is lovely.

BeckySC said...

Nellies Garden is looking so gorgeous :)

Catherine said...

Lovely stitches and gift! I love your garden photos, thanks for sharing your beautiful blooms!

samplerlover said...

Oh I love your peonys. They look lovely. Nellies Garden is looking good and I love your gift. Happy Mother's Day.

Elizabeth said...

Your flowers are beautiful!

Carol said...

What a gorgeous garden you must have, Melissa--those peonies are incredible. That's something I need to try growing someday. We used to have them when I was growing up and I just loved them... You'll be amazed to know I was doing some gardening of my own this weekend! It was actually very enjoyable :)

Your gift from Anne is so lovely--what a sweetie she is. I know how much she appreciated the linen you gave her.

Your sampler is so pretty--I'm sure you'll find time to work on it on a rainy day :) Have a great week!

Rowyn said...

What a lovely gift from Anne.

I love all your flower photos. Those peonies are stunning.

Deb said...

Your flower pictures are beautiful. Such a wonderful gift from Anne, and Nellie's Garden looks great. Even a little stitching is better than none at all!

Kay said...

What a lovely and thougtful present.

Chris said...

Beautiful pics Melissa! It looks and sounds like you are having a lovely spring.
Your stitching is lovely and what a sweet gift from Anne.

Katrina said...

Gorgeous flowers and I love the little gift. Nellie is looking so pretty too!!!!

Anne said...

Happy Mother's Day Melissa! I know I'm a day late, but that's okay. It should be Mother's day everyday!! I'm glad you love the little pillow. I try my best :D Oooh, I really love your tree peony! Yay for it finally blooming!!!! That picture of Daisy is too cute!! Pretty lewisia and vase! I've never seen that flower before!

Hugs

Anne

Penny said...

What a sweet gift from Anne! Nellie's Garden is looking pretty! It is so tempting to be outside when the weather is nice. And I can see that your garden would be very tempting - your peonies are just gorgeous! Look at that sweet, innocent little face on Daisy. :) They do love to bird watch, don't they. :) I know it is late, but hope you had a great Mother's Day. :)

Lois said...

Look how far your peonies are on!!! Mine are only starting to bud and given our cool May so far I'm thinking it won't be a good year for glorious blooms. What a lovely gift from Anne and Nellie's Garden is looking well. Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day!

valerie said...

Oh your peonies are fantastic! They are one of my favorite spring flower.

Lovely gift from Anne and great start on your sampler. Love it! Hope you had a nice Mother's Day!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a lovely gift!!!!

Solstitches said...

What a beautiful gift you received.
Your flowers are gorgeous and the kitty so sweet.
Margaret

Karoline said...

Gorgeous flowers and you got a lovely gift.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

beautiful pictures !

bisous de FRANCE

Brigitte said...

What a wonderful little gift you received from Anne. I have seen this design on several blogs and as it's a freebie I printed it out as I want to stitch it as well. One day.
Very lovely progress picture of Nellie's Garden.
Your own garden seems to burst with flowers, they are so beautiful. Our red peonies are not blooming yet but I hope to see the blooms soon.

Kathy Ellen said...

What a beautiful little pillow design you received from Anne! I love all of your beautiful flowers, and Miss Daisy is very photogenic in your garden!