Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Friendship Exchange for Marie

Surprise! It's me with a mid-week post! A week ago I finished and sent off an exchange piece and it arrived so quickly that I can now show you what I stitched for Marie

It is an adaptation of Prairie Schooler's Birds and Berries. I think it's from the Garden Verse booklet but don't hold me to it as I'm upstairs at the computer, and my charts are downstairs and all my stitching stash need another tidy-up! But I digress!

Here it is, stitched on 28 ct Vintage Lentil.
Here's the back. I heart that fabric!
I really love this piece and it was hard to let go of it! ;-)
 
Now, I want to ask you guys, do you feel like sharing your collections of "stuff" online? Just for fun. What I mean is, I have a humble collection of glass flower frogs now, pincushions, special needlework "accessories", some scissors (though not like some of you fantics out there!)...so I thought wouldn't it be fun to take some photos and show each other our collections? I have the "vintage" bug at the moment!

What say you? 

If you wanna play, email me and I can coordinate a time of posting so I can have a post where I will show my "collections" and list all the blogs who will do the same. 

I'm thinking to post the "collections on Sunday, June 3. That will give us 1.5 weeks to get it together. Give it a think and let me know! 

Thanks for stopping by! For those in the US, you got a L-o-n-g Weekend coming at ya! Keep Smiling!

21 comments:

BeckySC said...

Soooo pretty, Melissa :)

Laurie in Iowa said...

Love the exchange gift!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Awesome job On the exchange. I love how the fabric on the back is PERFECTLY centered. The design you stitched is really pretty; I can see why you wanted to keep it.

I'd be all in for a collection post. Let's see.... I have quilts, pin cushions, cake plates, dolls, doll pincushions, vintage sewing baskets, Troll beads, charm bracelets, vintage linens, vintage hankies, Longaberger baskets, buttons, vintage Christmas ornaments and probably some other crap i can't recall. Good gosh! We could keep this type of post going for weeks on end! :-)

Maggee said...

Collection post sounds like fun! Love your exchange piece, and the fabby on the back IS real nice! Hugs!

Solstitches said...

Lucky, lucky Marie! That is absolutely gorgeous.
I love it.
Margaret

Margaret said...

I love the exchange piece! Beautiful! I could do the collection post with no problem too. lol! Pincushions, NM pottery, dolls, bears, (my bears are too dusty though. lol!). Baskets, but they are all over the place. Hmmmmmm....

Natasha said...

Beautiful finish!! Great idea about, everyone posting thier collections. I do not have a collection of anything unless dust bunnies count hehehe.... I use to collect precious Moments but those are packed away. Have a wonderful night

Anne said...

Oh Melissa!! Your finish is beautiful!!! I love the design you chose and the fabric on the back is perfect! That silk/satin? ribbon is gorgoues too!!! Great idea to hang a pinkeep! Your a great finisher!! As for the collection of stuff...do old books count? That's about all I got, other than the two frogs and one pincushion you gave to me!!

Stitchesbyme said...

beautiful finish

Annette-California said...

Beautiful gift you created! How perfect. As for photos of collections? I have some pretty vintage looking china pieces, Boyd hand blown glassware, wayyyyyyy to many Hallmark ornaments, but not any vintage sewing notions. Hmm I don't know if I qualify. I do have some great needlework books, a mix of needlepoint ones but I just cross stitch them:)

Giovi's Creations said...

Beautiful pinkeep!
And great idea about stuff. I'm so busy now, but I'll think about it ;)

Giovanna said...

A very pretty exchange piece, well done! I have the scissors bug, but I'm afraid of showing my collection to the world because I might be interned :-)

Chris said...

Wonderful finish Melissa! The stitching and finishing are amazing!
Love, love, love it!

pat said...

Congratulations on your beautiful finish !!
ciao Pat

Lois said...

Love what you stitched and sent. So nice.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely job on the exchange!

valerie said...

Beautiful exchange piece for Marie! I can't wait to see everyone's collections! I can't participate though but will look forward to oooooing and aahhhing when I get back. :)

barbara said...

My "stuff" is just the usual - fabric, floss and patterns - but I find it interesting to look at other people's collections.

Love your PS adaptation!

Deb said...

Such a sweet finish for Marie! And I heart that backing fabric too. Very pretty.

I might be able to post a couple pictures of my collections if I'm home that day. I've got so much stuff - Barbies, pincushions, sewing machines, pincushion dolls, geez. And how about my fabric collection or my chart collection? Or my flower frogs, or scissors? Me thinks that I collect too much stuff! LOL

Have a great weekend!

Marie-P said...

Thank you again for the beautiful Pinkeep. :D

Catherine said...

What a beautiful exchange piece!