(1) My back is feeling much better. Actually overall, I am off to a good start this year. With the help of acupuncture (thanks Yael) and the right chiropractic treatments and exercises (thanks Randy) I am feeling very hopeful...
(2) So Stitching I did go! I have been able to pick up the needle a bit at a time. And I have completed the house for Margaret Harris! I feel like I have been stitching with one hand tied behind my back but I'm getting there!
3) When not stitching I am, of course, Reading! I have decided that 2012 will be the year I read more widely, paying particular attention to non-fiction books. To that end, here is my second book finished this year and one which I can recommend highly. Unbroken, by Lauren Hillenbrand. The story is amazing and inspiring.
I am currently reading The Kitchen Counter Cooking School by Kathleen Flinn, subtitled "How a few simple lessons transformed nine culinary novices into fearless home cooks." It's an interesting read. I thought it would be about how to fry an egg, how to chop an onion, that sort of thing - more technique. However, there were interesting bits about our assumptions about foods we buy at the store, and the lesson of tasting (as in compare various brands) everything. As much as I think I am a fairly decent cook, I came away learning a few new things and that's always good.
4) The Joy of Books. For a lover of books, I loved this video. The music that does with it is just great! It is from a bookstore in Toronto. I found the video this morning when I was lurking on Eric Morgenstern's site. She is the author of one of my favourite reads last year, The Night Circus.
5) The Joy of Pets. I haven't been showing you my kitties lately. Here is Mr Julius first giving me Kitty-Love mug.
I caught Miss Daisy giving me this sweet look this morning. Awww.
Here is my newest "pet". Meet Pigeldi! My boy bought this at Christmas Market in Germany and gave me to me for Christmas. Pigeldi is carved from one piece of wood and he's just so cute. I just loved it!
As you can see, I do have a lot of things to be grateful for! Not least of which is this "blog" thing which keeps me going. Your comments and encouragement and well wishes have always kept me afloat.
I've been admiring a lot of your stitching this January - it seems there are lot of new projects springing up all over the place, much to my delight! What's your favourite stitch so far?
Here we are at the end of another post. Thank you for visiting with me. If you have never left a comment here before, don't be shy, just say "hi"! ;-) Take care. Have a wonderful week ahead!