Sunday, October 16, 2011

Wanna see more framing?

What a silly question! Of course you want to see more framing! I always love to see how stitchers frame their lovely treasures.  But truth be told, it's because I have not picked up a needle since we got home. I'm very slow to go back to routine! At least jet lag is over! 

Here's Miss Olga, by the talented Paulette of Plum Street Samplers.

The frame was a "leftover" piece on sale and when I saw it I knew it was perfect for Olga. The colours of the photo don't do this justice. I'm looking at her as I type this as she is now sitting by my computer.

Next is Betsy by Sheepish Designs. I chose a very simple (read - "inexpensive") frame.  

I think I have one more to show but I gotta find it first! 

Thank you for your lovely comments on my last post. I will try and pull out more photos for another post. I think my mind is still in la-la-land, not quite grounded in "Home" yet. Plus I have been doing lots of reading so maybe that should be the next post! 


Well, that's it for now! Take care and have a lovely week ahead!

22 comments:

staci said...

Wonderful framed finishes Melissa!

Margaret said...

Oh I love them both!!! Wonderful frames and wonderful stitching too!

Maggie said...

How wonderful both your finishes look in their frames! Great job :-)

Glenna said...

I love the frames! And yes, I always like to see what stitchers have chosen for their framing. I also enjoyed your earlier post about the German vacation--I'm so envious.

Chris said...

Beautiful finishes! They will look so good on the wall.

Joy said...

Love the framing! I so enjoyed your visit with your son...great pictures. Can't believe you're home before I commented.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Love the frames you chose for the lovely stitched pieces.

Penny said...

From someone who usually puts my finishes in a drawer, I love seeing your framed pieces!

Barbi said...

Love that from on Olga!! How lucky to have found that one!

Nancy said...

They both look gorgeous to me! I love that Olga pattern and must put it on my list.

Theresa said...

Oooo~~ I love your frames~~ They look so nice with your stitched piece!!!!

Giovanna said...

Lovely framing, congrats!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

These two are just lovely! Thanks for sharing them with us today.

Kim said...

Both are so lovely, seeing them framed is always so special, then you get to hang them up and enjoy them everyday!!!

valerie said...

Great framing! I really like the fabric that Olga is on. She looks like a fun piece!

Anne said...

I always love seeing your frames Melissa! Olga is beautiful and the frame matches her perfectly!! Please post some of the books you have been reading, I need a new one and I think you and I have similar tastes in novels :D

Kellie said...

I always love seeing your stitching and your framed pieces. These two are gorgeous! So gorgeous that it makes me want to order Olga and her friend Boris and to get Betsy back out of my WIP pile and finish her. :)

Have a happy week!

Catherine said...

Love them both! Perfectly matched frames and stitching!

Vonna said...

How beautiful they both are, gorgeous to behold, wonderfully stitched!

Lois said...

Oh yes please! Always love to see your framing! Great frames for both pieces!

Vaida said...

Great framing! And yes, you're totally right, the frame for Olga is just perfect

Suzanne said...

What beautiful framing! Of course it makes me feel guilty about all the pieces I should be framing.