Followers

Sunday, 18 September 2011

A Big Red House

I've been patiently stitching houses for Mary Gibson.

Here's a Red House
and a Blue House on the left
 and here's how she is looking since last week

I am really enjoying stitching Mary Gibson now that I am happy with the colours I've chosen so far. There will likely be more new colours introduced as I move 'up' the sampler. BTW, if I was to order a linen to stitch Mary, I would be inclined to get Vintage Light Examplar from Lakeside Linens. When I look at the antique Mary Gibson that's the linen I see but I used WDW Straw only because I had it in my stash, so I also have to adjust colours to fit.

Thank you for your enthusiastic comments in my last post! I loved reading each one of them! Now, to answer some questions left in the comments last week:

  • Following along the lines of "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus" - Yes, Katrina, I will share my silk "conversion" when I'm finished stitching this piece. As I am stitching only from what I have in the stash, the conversion will not be 1:1 but you can see what silks I did use.
  • "Do you always start stitching from the bottom left?" Funny how habits form. I used to always start from the top left, then I started seeing how some people would start stitching from the bottom up so I thought I would try it. Somehow it just stuck!
  • I left the best for last - "What's a BAP?" - Well, the B stands for Big, the P stands for Project, and the A ? What do you think? I used to ask the same question until I figured it out. It's a Big Ass Project, or if you are more p.c. (politically correct) you could say it's a Big Awesome Project. OK? :-) 
The weather here has suddenly turned Fall-ish which means lots and lots of rain! So loud it woke me up the other night only because I was so un-used to that sound! We have had such a great August which lingered into early September. It's hard to see the sunshine go!

Lastly, here's Ann Taylor framed. I absolutely adore this sampler. Even though the picture does not do it justice, it's hanging on our living room wall which is a mild mustard yellow. The picture just seems to blend right into the wall, like it bloomed there - amazing. This piece was an absolute joy to stitch.
Well, my dearies, here ends another post. I hope you are well and enjoying a nice start to Autumn. Thank you for visiting. Have a great week!

27 comments:

Katrina said...

Oh goody, picture me clapping my hands and doing a little jig, LOL. I have plenty to keep myself busy until you done :-). She's just gorgeous and I love your framed Ann too!

Jackie said...

You've made tremendous progress in a week! Mary is looking wonderful and how nice to be working from your stash.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love your framed stitch and the quick start you've made is impressive.

Deb said...

Mary is looking absolutely fantastic. You've made a lot of progress since your last post and I'm loving the colors. I'm glad that you're going to share your conversion.

Love Ann Taylor!! The frame is perfect and the colors are wonderful too. I think you pick the best samplers.

mainely stitching said...

Your BAP progress is incredible! And wow, your framed sampler is just amazing.:D

Laurie in Iowa said...

Mary looks wonderful and your Ann T. framed looks fabulous.

Hazel said...

Love your Mary G and that Ann Taylor is haunting me again to pick her up and get going on her. Yours is truly a delight. x

Nancy said...

Mary's houses are so pretty! And your framed piece is gorgeous!

Anne said...

Oh Melissa! Mary Gibson is looking so good! I love that red house. I should move into it!

As always, love that frame for Ann Taylor. This is a really stunning sampler. I might have to purchase it soon!

marly said...

Ann Taylor is stunning! Another sampler that I missed. I am so grateful for stitching blogs that showcase samplers I would otherwise not see. Mary is taking shape quickly! I forgot to order her and need to do that soon.

Catherine said...

Wow! You've made great progress!! And your framed piece is beautiful!

Theresa said...

Love your houses!!! Looks like your Mary Gibson is coming along great!!!! And your Ann Taylor is looking handsome in its new frame!!!

Deborah said...

Ann is spectacular! love the houses on your new start. Look forward to your progress.

Margaret said...

Your Ann Taylor came out so beautifully! Love the frame! And Mary Gibson. Gorgeous! I so want to stitch her too! But then I always want to stitch what you stitch. :D

Carol said...

Your colors work perfectly with that fabric, Melissa--it's going to be another beauty :)

And your framed Ann Taylor is gorgeous--I love how the frame you selected really showcases it...looks great with that wall color as well.

Lisa V said...

Gorgeous framed pieces.

Penny said...

Mary Gibson is looking so pretty and Ann Taylor is absolutely beautiful!! I love the fabric and the frame you chose too.

Glenna said...

Ohhhh, look at the beautiful things you're stitching. I love the BAP. And Ann Taylor is so pretty I'm going to fly up there and snatch it off the wall for myself! Now I want to stitch it. Lovely choice of frame too.

Patty C. said...

I am pretty sure I adore everything here - Gorgeous works !!!

Siobhan said...

Oh wow, Melissa!! Sweet progress on your Mary--it looks great. Those are biiiiig houses so you got a lot done. Love the framed Ann Taylor, too! That is such a beautiful sampler.

Sherry said...

Mary is looking wonderful! I can't wait to see more of her as you continue! I really have to get on the ball and order this design. Ann is beautiful and the frame really shows her off!

Melody said...

Your newly framed sampler is beautiful!

I laughed when I read your definition of BAP. I always wondered what it stood for, and I'm glad to see I guessed right!

Kim said...

Both are so beautiful!!!! When I saw B pap, thought you were talking about a breathing machine for sleep apnea!!!! lol

Lois said...

I'm drooling over your framed Ann. She looks just gorgeous!! Lovely progress on Mary. Got to love that big red house!!!!

Joy said...

Ann Taylor is beautiful! And I love your progress on MG. Do you ever sleep? I still don't get how anyone stitches from the bottom up but it appears you accomplish a great deal. Thanks for clearing up the BAP, although secretly, I knew what you were saying;)

Enjoy the Fall and stitching!

Giovanna said...

Congrats on the beautiful Ann, and great going on Mary!

Karoline said...

Mary is looking lovely, great progress and Ann looks gorgeous