Followers

Sunday, 21 August 2011

What do we Stitch for?

In my case, one of the biggest satisfaction from stitching, is to be able to compose my work in a "collection" for exhibition, otherwise known as A Sampler Wall! So, in addition to the framed pieces I showed you last week, I'll start off with two new framed pieces. 

The first is the "Soweth" sampler, by Birds of a Feather.

The next is "Live in Harmony" by Homespun Elegance. 

Now, I'll start with the left side of the sampler wall, then the rest is self explanatory.




Here is the finale! Drum roll, please!
Yes, I have been doing the Happy Dance! This is in our TV room, with the TV just to the right of this picture. This means that when I am watching TV I get to enjoy my sampler wall as well! O joy! 

Now it's time to announce the winner from last week's giveaway of the Earth Sampler. The winner is Gillie - congratulations! Can you please send me your mailing info please and I'll get the chart out to you. Thanks to everyone who participated. 

But wait - there's more! (Isn't that what those Infomercials always say, trying to make you buy their stuff?)  I will have more framing to show you next weekend! I seem to be on a roll as I've been finding some sale items and the timing seems perfect to get a few things framed. 

The back-to-work this last week has been rough on the princess-on-vacation. It wasn't anything bad, just very busy. When you go from a leisurely pace to go-go-go, me little brain and not-so-little body just get quite "annoyed". So, having the framed pieces to pick up and completing my sampler wall has been just the thing to put a big smile on my face!

Well, time to go and get caught up with lovely things like Laundry! Thank you for visiting and even if I don't respond to all the comments, rest assured I love reading them! Oh, Gabby, when I have finished the BOAF Silk sampler, I will list the silks I used in my post. 

Have a great week!

37 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Love your sampler wall.

Pat said...

Your sampler wall is fabulous! I will be watching for more.

Chris said...

What a beautiful sampler wall!

Deb said...

Your sampler wall is fantastic. I have to say that I've been pretty much a wooden frame kind of girl - meaning browns and blacks, but I have to say that your selection of frames for your pieces is just fantastic. And you've stitched some wonderful pieces too.

I can't wait to see what others you have had framed. I'm drooling all over the keyboard with these!

Ranae said...

We stitch for a killer sampler wall like that :)

Stitchin' Sweet Sue said...

Each and every one a stunner, a beautiful wall, very well done!

Margaret said...

Wow, wow, wow! Gorgeous sampler wall! Gorgeous samplers too! You already know I love your taste in samplers. :D Hope you adjust to work again -- it must be tough to go from no work to full on work like that.

mainely stitching said...

That truly is a wall of fame, Melissa - absolutely gorgeous stitching. Stunning!

Dena said...

What a great wall, love your work and thank you for sharing it with us.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your sampler wall looks fantastic.

Glenna said...

I love your sampler wall--it inspires me to hurry up and finish a bunch of things! I found the same thing after being out of work and staying home for a while. I was used to my own pace, and then it was go-go-go and your time is not your own!

Theresa said...

LOVE your sampler wall!!!!!! What a great way to display all your beautiful pieces~~~

Casa Pearl said...

Each and every one is so lovely and together they are just fabulous. Congratulations on such a wonderful wall. Patti

Penny said...

I love your sampler wall. Makes me want to get my finished pieces out of the drawer and framed.

Karen said...

How beautiful! You certainly do inspire me to keep on stitching. Your choices and framing are so pretty... kudos on such a great accomplishment!

Happy stitching on the next sampler wall...

Mary said...

What a lovely selection for your sampler wall. I am sure it will give you pleasure every time you pass it - I know mine does.
Mary

Diana said...

Your sampler wall is looking great!

marly said...

Good idea putting the display where you would see it all the time. Nice work - great frames.

WoolenSails said...

They look wonderful together, love the grouping.
I need to paint my walls and then get my samplers framed so I can redo the decorations with them.

Debbie

Deborah said...

Your sampler wall is gorgeous!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

They all look great together, each one looks good on it's own but they complement each other on the wall.
It's good to be busy Melissa and that's where the stitching comes into it's own for relaxation.

Rowyn said...

Such beautiful pieces and gorgeous frames!

Annemarie said...

I want that wall. Oh, and I want those samplers too, of course. Gorgeous, Melissa!

Gabi said...

Oh my gosh!!! I'll move in with you. Off to pack my suitcases.
Your samplerwall is simply gorgeous.

Sharon said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous sampler wall!

Katrina said...

Love, love, love your sampler wall!!!! Gorgeous :-).

Siobhan said...

Your sampler wall is gorgeous!!! Oh my gosh, really fabulous. You must be so happy with how it turned out--and being able to gaze upon your masterpieces while watching TV. I can't wait to see the rest of your framing--you really are on a roll!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Your sampler wall is just gorgeous, Melissa! I love how the gold and silver toned frames all work together and look so elegant. Well done, gf!

Patty C. said...

Your Sampler wall is just gorgeous !!!
I could stare at it for hours ;)

TeresaB said...

What a great sampler wall! Congrats on getting it all arranged. I'm sure you'll love seeing it and enjoying all the beautiful samplers you've stitched.

Berit said...

Lovely! I especially like the frame on "Whatsoever". :D

Anne said...

Whew! Finally caught up with your 10 day challenge reading! I loved reading about your adventures Melissa. This sampler wall is divine. Your frames are perfect for each one...seriously where do you get them? You'll have to fill me in on the details! The wall makes me think of that exhibition we saw. Your pieces fit right in with all the pieces we saw. I can't even choose a favourite because I love each and everyone of them!!

KarenV said...

Melissa, your sampler wall is just gorgeous! I love how all the frames and pieces tone in together - they all look fabulous grouped together like that. I bet you can't stop looking at them, can you? I know I wouldn't be able to. Great job!

Mindi said...

I love your sampler wall. You have a lot of really great pieces that all work nicely together, and the frames are all a similar color.

Lois said...

Oh, your sampler wall is just so drop dead gorgeous!!! What a great place to have them hung so you can enjoy them every time you sit down to watch tv! Perfect! And more framing next post?!?!?! You're spoiling us!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Karoline said...

Your sampler wall is gorgeous, congratulations

Suzanne said...

I love the frames you choose for your samplers and the sampler wall looks fantastic.