Followers

Friday, 12 August 2011

Day 8 of 10 - Cheer up!

I got a phone call from my framer's day - bad news: framing won't be ready till next weekend. Boo-hooo, boo-hoooo, what shall I do? I said I would post something stitchy every day! So close to the completion of the challenge so I dug around and found this - Good Cheer, by the Goode Huswife. I finished earlier this year and found a cute little frame that should fit it. Now I just need to put one into the another!
I'm going to show you a few more touristy pics. This is driving back from Chinatown last Sunday, and driving towards downtown. You can see our rapid transit train, then those spikes to the top left corner - they are part of a new retractable roof that's being built over our sports stadium.
We are driving over the Burrard Street Bridge, heading away from downtown. The shoreline is to our right. 
Here's a postcard shot looking north. The high rises you see are in an area called the West End, with gorgeous beaches. That tiny green blob to the left of the buildings is part of Stanley Park. Then, of course, our mountains!
Here's a shot looking westward, out to Vancouver Island and the Pacific Ocean!
Have I exhausted you by now with my daily posts? I don't think I could do this every day, even if I wasn't working! Two more to go then I meet my goal! 

Enjoy your Saturday! Thanks again for stopping by!

12 comments:

Gabi said...

Actually, I'm enjoying your daily posts.
Lovely finish. The Goode Huswife is one of my favorite designers. It's only not that easy to find charts of her...thank goodness there is Ebay
Love your pictures of Vancoucer :)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

You live in a lovely place Melissa. I know what you mean about posting every day, but like Gabi, I've enjoyed it.

Brigitte said...

I particularly love the mountains on teh pictures. It must be heaven to live in a place where you have both - the mountains on one side and the sea on the other.

Siobhan said...

I love your daily posts! What gorgeous scenery shots. Have I told you that one of my new obsessions is living on either Bainbridge Island in WA or Bowen Island in BC? I keep telling the kids that they need to buy me a house there. ;) The scenery in your part of the world is just breathtaking!

Love your Good Cheer!! I need to get it stitched up this year. It looks great!

Margaret said...

But your daily posts are so much fun! :D You live in such a pretty place -- I've never been to that area before, not even Washington state or Oregon. I'd love to go there someday. Love your cute little GH piece too!

Nancy said...

Good Cheer is such a pretty little piece of stitching!

I enjoyed your photos very much! Such a beautiful place to see, and I imagine, even more beautiful when you are really there.

Nancy said...

Good Cheer is lovely! Sorry your framing won't be ready until next weekend. Enjoyed the pics!

Penny said...

Must be lovely to have those beautiful mountains and the ocean too. Always love to see your stitching.

Joy said...

Your daily posts don't have to be "stitchy"...I enjoy seeing everything! What lovely photos.

Andrea said...

Your Good Cheer looks wonderful. Gosh, I've had that chart FORever and need to stitch it!
Love your daily posts! Wish I were as good at it as you are :)

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

What a sweet stitch! I've never seen that one before - really cute. Love the tour - VC is definitely on my must see, one day, list.

Carol said...

Oh, how wonderful to live in a place with such lovely mountains. I've heard how very beautiful it is in BC.

And what a sweet little stitched finish :)