Followers

Thursday, 11 August 2011

Day 7 of 10 - Rerun

I finally spent some time in the garden this morning weeding and dead heading the blooms. When I first went into the front garden I thought smugly "yeah, no problem, I will have it all done in 2 hours..." Ha! What was I thinking? I needed another 2 hours. I do this every time - far too optimistic or maybe, hopeful! 

Here are some shots from the garden:

This funny plant is from the campanula family and it's called Octopus or something like that. If you ever see it and want to buy it, beware that it's very vigorous which means it will spread wide and quickly! I ended digging it up and putting it in a pot and it still wants to grow legs out of the bottom of the pot and spread! 
The purple rose is a David Austin's called "The Prince"
This is a David Austin's "Abraham Darby" rose.  It's one of my favourites!
Now for the "Rerun" referred to in the title. You may remember this one. I got this framed last year but it's finally going to go up in the new sampler wall. This is Sarah Salter, by Sheepish Designs.
Ho, hum. I wonder what I'll have to show you tomorrow if the other framed pieces aren't ready for pick up...we will just have to wait and see! 

Garden chores done for now. Posting done. Time to play with thread, needle & linen!

Thanks for visiting! 

15 comments:

Joy said...

Your garden photos are beautiful! Just seems like a perfect place to spend several hours.

Had not seen your framed sampler...lovely. Now I know why I am a "follower". Would love to see your sampler wall;)

mainely stitching said...

I could use some sort of aggressive but pretty plant, LOL.

I love Sarah Salter. I think it was after I saw you stitching it that I had to hunt it down for myself. ;)

RuthB said...

I so want to spend time in your garden and with your sampler wall. Can you feel the envy from there?

Mary said...

Yes, it is quite amazing where the time goes to in the garden - five minutes turns into a couple of hours usually.
Can't wait to see your new sampler wall all finished.
Mary

Margaret said...

Your garden is so amazing! I don't do gardens myself, so I'm always in awe of people who do. Love your Sarah too -- I don't care if it's a rerun. I get to see it again this way. :D

Jan said...

Wow, I love your rerun, Melissa! And it also reminds me I need to get Sarah out soon and finish her, poor dear has been sadly neglected! Been loving reading your posts, keep it up!

Have fun playing with your needle and thread, that is where I am headed now!

Annemarie said...

Love your creepy crawly octopus plant, and I would really like to have it in my garden!
Sarah Salter is delish, and I'm sure will look marvellous on your sampler wall.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The purple rose is gorgeous, it's an unusual colour. Sarah Salter is very pretty - you lean towards the soft and subtle palettes of colour Melissa.

Siobhan said...

Sarah Salter looks great!!!

I envy you your garden and your knowledge of the plants in it. I'm still trying to learn the names of the perennials that were planted around our house by the former owners.

Elaine said...

Sarah Salter is gorgeous and what beautiful flowers you have in your garden.

Theresa said...

Oooooo.... I love your garden!!! Full of so many beautiful flowers!!!!!!

Your Sarah is gorgeous!!!! You really have a great eye on picking out frames!!!!

Catherine said...

Ooohhh, I have a variety of campunula, and yes, it's definitely an invasive groundcover. Mine has worked well to cover an area that was hard to grow much of anything else in.

Love your stitches!!

Brigitte said...

Wonderful garden pictures The Abraham Darby rose is so beautiful. I have a similar one in my garden, it's called History and has about the same colour.
Sarah Salter is one of the sheepish Designs that I absolutely want to stitch one day. But Betsy comes first ...

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Your roses (and all your flowers) are just gorgeous, Melissa! Love SS now as I did when you first finished her. It's a treat to see her again!

Teri said...

The Sarah Salter sampler is very pretty. I love the frame you selected; very nice!