Saturday, 6 August 2011

Day 2 of 10 - Book Heaven!

I was so pleased with all the comments you left for me - thank you! One of the reasons why I was sooooo confident that I can post daily with stitching is I've gotten some framing done! OK. I really cheated, didn't I? I still have some framing to come so showing you bit by bit will work out nicely. The end result, hopefully, will be a new Sampler Wall by end of the 10 days! 

First, I will tell you why the post is titled "Book Heaven".  Regardez le haul from zee librarie! (pardon me for ruining the French language here!)
My goodness I was spoiled today! Six holds came in all at once. Add that to some I had already taken out and it's a heap. And that's not ALL the books I have either. A lot of these are very new so I'm thrilled to bits! Now...how to read them all within 4 weeks?

The next two photos are of two unusual (to me) butterfly bushes that we have. The first has orange ball shaped blossoms which we had purchased eons ago. Funny thing is the lilac coloured one is one that just appeared in our garden. I think there was some natural cross pollination involved. Both of these are really tall, reaching hard for the sunshine. I took the photos with my arm pointing up to the sky! The bees love them and I am happy to do something to please the bees!

Finally, the good stuff! Here is "Lo, How a Rose" by Brightneedle, all dressed up! (oops, the middle photo is a bit fuzzy, but the one following should make up for it.)


She is such a pretty piece - all young girl with pink flounce, don't you think? 

Summer appears to be finally here in our neck of the woods and the grumpkins seem to have left town! ;-)

Thank you, dearies, for visiting with me! Please come again tomorrow!

21 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Melissa!
What a great post. I love the butterfly bushes, there is only an average purple one in my yard. I don't think there have been as many butterflies as last year :(
The framed piece looks great, beautiful stitching and I love the muted colors.
Now, for that stack of books! I have really been in a reading slump. There are some in the stack that are on my list.
Enjoy!

Margaret said...

Your Lo is so pretty! Love the frame for sure! And the books -- oh yum! I've read The Tiger's Wife and The Sister Brothers. Both are good reads -- the second one is more of a fun read if you know what I mean! I couldn't read all the titles though. You'll have to let us know how you like the various books.

Glenna said...

Love the butterfly bushes (the purple one reminds me of Lo) and I cracked up at the pink flounce. What a gorgeous frame!

mainely stitching said...

Lo looks fabulous - great choice in framing!!

Butterfly bushes!! I had some in Holland but that would be JUST the thing to replace the ugly, overgrown, weedy looking things along the house here!!

Tammy said...

Your blog is one of my favorites. I'm loving your ten day challenge. Love your beautiful plants, and my favorite, your stitching is always gorgeous and inspiring. Yay for eight more days!

Anne said...

I really like that pattern's offset letters. I think I'll have to hunt that pattern down!!! That frame is perfect too! Do you frame them yourself? If so you do an amazing job!

Happy reading all those books!

Cole said...

Lo is sooo beautiful :) Looking forward to seeing all your stitching this week!

butterfly said...

Wow love the Lo stitching the colours are nice and what a beautiful frame.

Your butterfly bushes are beautiful

Annemarie said...

Lo, how pretty! Wowo, what a gorgeous sampler that is, and it looks perfect in this frame.

Have fun reading! On my list this year: 7 Harry Potter books. That will be more than I've read in yeeeeeeeears.

Siobhan said...

Beautiful sampler, Melissa!! It looks great--love the frame.

Love that book haul!! Isn't it great when that happens?! I can't wait to hear what you think about it all, especially on the Kate Atkinson book.

Beautiful butterfly bushes.

Catherine said...

That's a lot of books! You'll have to give us some reviews.
Oh my! I love how Lo looks! The frame is simply perfect!'

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Every time I see Lo How a Rose, I vow to stitch it but I've not made the effort to track down the book it's in. Can you remind me which of the Better Homes and Gardens it appeared in Melissa. I love your choice of frame, it really sets it off.

Katrina said...

Fun post and gorgeous plants!!! That's a lot of reading, not sure I'd get all of those books done in 3 months, LOL.

Pretty framed piece too, I love the molding :-).

Hazel said...

Trying to catch up on a backlog of posts! What a perfect finish. I love this one. So fine in detail. Great book reads for the summer too. I am such a slow reader. x

Gabi said...

Lo, is SO beautiful. Love the frame. It suits it so very well.

Lee said...

Lo looks fantastic! Lovity, love, love the frame you chose!

What are your plans for hanging or displaying it? I've kept mine hanging year round. The design is much too pretty to put away after Christmas is over.

KarenV said...

Nice book haul Melissa! Love how Lo turned out, the frame is really pretty.

Mary said...

Lo looks lovely Melissa - perfect frame too. Good luck with all those books - sounds very relaxing!
Mary

Brigitte said...

Lo is such a beautiful design - and has been framed perfectly. Great choice. And also a great choice of books. Whenever I see stacks of books I just want to get onto my sofa and read read read ...

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

How's the book reading going, Melissa? That's a lot of books for a relatively short period of time. How do you read so much and stitch so much and take such beautiful pictures. Please tell me!

Love, love, love how Lo turned out. The frame reminds me a bit of the one I used for Elizabeth Savilles. I love how your frame sort of mimics the vine border at the bottom right of Lo. What a great choice!

Beautiful, as always!

Karoline said...

Great framing, Lo is looking lovely.

Enjoy your stack of book