Followers

Saturday, 3 July 2010

Friends are Angels in disguise

By now, you know my life has taken a left turn somewhere and it does not seem to include much stitching or blogging. It happens to all of us at one time or another so my philosophy is always "go with the flow"... or at least pretend I'm doing that! 

On Wednesday when I got home from work, tired and in need of sustenance, a mirage appeared on our hallway table. It was a package that had arrived in the mail. From the distance of just getting in the front door, I racked my brains to see if I had ordered something and had forgotten about it. Nope. Then as I approached, I found a familiar handwriting in the return address - Terri

Oh, my! My first thought was "I hope it's her (now famous) strawberries!" YES!!!  Look what that sweet girl sent me! 

Not only did I get the  strawberries, and the pincushion, she also included a beautiful new-to-me magazine! You're so sweet, Terri! Thank you so much.   Your handwork is just beautiful.  The gift just lifted my spirits.  I had passed on a chart, Be Kind and Be True, when I was finished with it never expecting something in return. And that's what I mean by 'Friends are Angels in disguise'.  If you haven't visited Terri's blog, please do. It's a wonderful place to visit and reflects her generous and fun personality!


I have also received some emails from stitching friends wondering how I am doing. Thank you for that!  I'm fine just busy with other things at the moment. I have been stitching a little bit here and there.  Here's some progress on Mary's Best Handwork.




I do love all the reds in it.  As you can see, it's been taking me awhile. After I get the pasture done, it will be faster I think. Stitching all that grass in the evenings just lull me to sleep! 

I've also been watching the FIFA World Cup games when I can! I love 'football' as most of the world calls it.  It is, indeed, a Beautiful Game!  I've loved watching Germany and the Netherlands. I think they will be the final two duking it out!  I watched the Germany vs Argentina game this morning and the Germans were awesome to watch - poetry in motion!

I will sign off with a bunch of white lilies in bloom. I had planted them in the spring for the first time and they are stupendously gorgeous! But I cannot remember the name of the bulb at the moment!  

I hope you are having a good summer. Here it's not so good but it's not the worst that we've had weather-wise.  To my American friends, enjoy a Happy Fourth of July!  

Thank you for coming by and I love the comments and emails! Take care!

34 comments:

Glenna said...

The lily is so pretty! Best wishes to you on the twists and turns, and you're making great progress on all that grass--I looked at the chart, which I have, and thought--"nope, can't do that grass right now..."

Margaret said...

Wow, Terri is so sweet! Love her strawberries! I also love your progress on Mary's Best Handwork. Sorry you're so busy. We miss you out in blogland! Oh, and that lily is amazing!!

Nancy said...

What a beautiful, and very thoughtful, surprise from Terri! I'm sure it brought you lots of smiles.

Mary's Best Handwork is a wonderful sampler, and yours looks so pretty. I hope you get through the grass soon.

Your lilies are gorgeous!

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful surprise and it is nice to have friends who seem to know just when you need a lift in spirits. I am actually stitching more this week, although slowly.

Debbie

Irene said...

Love your white lillies, they are gorgeous !

mainely stitching said...

Wonderful to hear from you! And thanks for sharing your amazing lilies with us!

LOVE the surprise gift from Terri! :D

Carol said...

So good to see your post, Melissa--we've missed you! I haven't been the best at blogging this summer either... Too busy with other things I guess.

I really love your Mary progress--so sweet. And what a delightful surprise from Terri--stitching friends really are the best :)

Jennifer said...

Happy Fourth!

Your progress is awesome!
And what beautiful lilies, indeed......love those!

Jennifer

Andrea said...

So good to see your post Melissa!
I know all about life taking left turns...hope things are going as smoothly as they can though.

What a fabulous gift from sweet Terri. Isn't she the best! So thoughtful and kind! Love the doo-dads she sent ya, what treasures!

You're making good progress on Mary's Best. I really enjoyed stitching that one.

Beautiful flowers. I'm so jealous...remember....I can't grow anything!!

Enjoy your holiday! Post when you can, we're always here for you!

xoxo

valerie said...

I'm glad that you are doing well even if you are crazy busy! Just remember to take a little time for yourself. How sweet of Terri to send you that beautiful strawberry and mag. Great progress on Mary's Best and your lily is so striking! I've never seen one like it before! Hope you're enjoying the weekend!

Brigitte said...

Oh Melissa, I think we have something in common - no stitching, no blogging, sigh. I didn't even visit stitching blog for several weeks. Slowly, slowly I'm getting back in the swing of things.
I also watch the FIFA World cup and it gets more and more interesting from my point of view, lol.
Enjoy your wonderful surprise from Terri.

Jane said...

How gorgeous of Terri to give you those treats. She is definitely a sweetie.

Nice to see a little progress with your sampler. All good things come to those who wait, so take your time with it.

I'm still in my major slump. Nothing really happening here. Ho-hum...

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

What beautiful lilies! I love how spidery and pure white they are. I'm waiting for my pink Asian lilies to bloom. They're always spectacular and smell oh, so good!

Your progress on Mary's Best is pretty. I too like the reds a lot. Red in anything is a favorite!

Glad you liked your little package. I'm enjoying stitching BK&BT and hope to have it done by tomorrow, if I get a few good hours in.

Have a great week!

Barb said...

I take LOTS of blogging breaks. It's silly, but I feel badly about it and I know I don't need to. It's a beautiful 4th of July here but I will probably spend a lot of time stitching as I NEED to get Friendship done! Then I go to work for 7 hours...boo.

Katrina said...

It's so nice to see you post!!! Blogging does sometimes have to take a backseat to life :-). Hope things settle down soon.

Love Mary and what a sweet gift from Terri!

We are big World Cup fans too and I am hoping for a Netherlands vs. Germany game at the end too.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your present from Terri is so sweet. I hope things settle down a bit and you're able to get back to stitching and blogging. I enjoy seeing Mary's Best come to life.
Love the frilly lily.

Catherine said...

What a sweet thing for Terri to send you! Lucky girl!

Your progress looks good and those lilies are divine!

Annemarie said...

Ooh, what a sweet gift from Terri! And the magazine is very aptly named. I found one a while ago and it got me RIGHT out of my stitching slump, so I hope it worls for you too!
Hey, I love that new sampler you're working on! Gorgeous!

Obviously, I hope the Dutch team wins, but I must admit I haven't seen a single match. No TV, you see :o) Anyway, I don't need one. Whenever the Dutch team does something right, my neighbours very kindly toot their horns and scream and clap their hands with mirth.

Loraine said...

I love Terri's Strawberries! Too cute! You are very deserving.
I also love your sampler. I have this on my wish list. Such a darling design, and I love the colors.
Take care

佳順佳順 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karoline said...

What a lovely gift from Terri. Nice progress on Mary, the colours are lovely.

Patti said...

What a great gift from Terri. Isn't she just the best! I love the lilies too. They are gorgeous.
Love
Patti xxx

Deb said...

Friends are definitely angels in disguise. Who knew that there were so many wonderful people in the blogging world. Great goodies from Terri and I just love Mary's Best. It's one that I pulled out to work on a while ago, but never got to it!!

Cari-in-VA said...

Melissa, so good to see you posting. I think of you often and know you must be so busy! Love your work on Mary - what a lovely project.

Terri, is such a sweetheart and her strawberries are delightful - I was so excited when I received mine. Love the new magazine, I will have to look for that one as it sounds great.

Hope you have a wonderful week.

Siobhan said...

It was good to see a post from you, Melissa! ;) Terri sent such a wonderful package! Love the progress on Mary's Best Handworke. I started it but my chart seems to have taken a vacation somewhere. :P

Kellie said...

Hi Melissa,
Great to see a post from you. :) Your wip is beautiful. I too, love the reds that are in that design. What a nice surprise from Terri. :) Gorgeous lillies!

Lois said...

Good to see a post from you Melissa! What a lovely package to receive from Terri - something to make your day! Mary's Best is looking good! Gorgeous lillies!

Berit said...

Just lovely! The pincushion and your sampler look like a perfect set! :)

Suzanne said...

What a wonderful gift from Terri! Lovely progress on your sampler.

MyLifesAStitch said...

Isn't Terri the sweetest? What a great package! So glad you're doing well and just busy. Mary's Best is coming along nicely. I really like that pattern! Love your lilies, too.... have a great weekend!

丞虹 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
宜潔宜潔 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
吳婷婷 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.