Followers

Wednesday, 30 December 2009

and so we've come to the end

It's almost time to say good-bye to another year, and ring in the new! My first year of blogging has been amazing and I have made new friends through stitching which I never would've have otherwise.

For example, I received this in the mail from dear Leena today! A beautifully stitched and beautifully finished ornament.
Leena said this is from a very old Russian reproduction. It is so pretty and delicate. Thank you Leena! Your work is superb, as always!

I hope you've all had a good Christmas and still enjoying some time off during the Holiday Season. I have been busy with everything BUT stitching! The world has turned upside down! I hope that I can get back into the swing of things next week. Here's my progress on my current project:
My Betrothed Sampler
by Birds of a Feather

The finished version should look something like this:
So, you're wondering, what have you been doing? Well, I think a lot of tidy, de-clutter type of stuff. One thing led to another and we ended up doing a bit of redecorating. There was one room that was supposed to be our den but it was a big clutter box and I always felt uncomfortable in it. Well, with some de-cluttering, reorganizing, a couple of much needed floor lamps (go IKEA go) we got our room back. I guess watching all those home improvement shows have paid off!

I have to admit, I am still discombobulated (love that word). About a month ago, while I was still busy with work, I ran into someone I had worked with. She asked me what I will do in January as my current work is finished. I said I don't have new work lined up but I don't mind as I want to take some time to myself, just to...and here she finished my sentence for me..."gather yourself back together again". Yup! Bingo!

She obviously knew how I was feeling. I think we can lose bits of ourselves when we get busy and when that busyness stops, you wonder when your 'self' went to. You can do that through work, school, taking care of someone else, anything that you devote yourself to. So, if you tap my head right now, you might hear a great big echo!

But never fear, time is on my side and I intend to make good use of it!

I want to thank everyone for visiting my blog through the year. I love reading all the comments and I especially like it when you tell me something funny about what's happening with you. I so enjoy visiting your blogs and seeing all your amazing stitching. But also, I enjoy reading your stories.

Beth from Heartstring Primitives has a new freebie here. I especially like what she wrote though about Courage and Charity.

I will leave you with this Irish blessing, which I enjoyed reading on Leena's post, and which I obviously shamelessly stole!

"May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
The rains fall soft upon your fields
and until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand."

- Old Irish blessing -


All the best wishes for a Happy New Year! Peace, Love & Happiness!

11 comments:

Jane said...

All the very best for 2010, Melissa! I hope it's a good year for you. Thanks for your friendship throughout the past year. I've enjoyed our chats.

Your blog and stitching have been a pleasure to see, and your current sampler looks like it will be another gorgeous one.

Happy New Year!!!

valerie said...

Sorry to hear that your holiday season has been too crazy to stitch! I'm relishing in my long weekend to only do that. My apartment has suffered! lol

Beautiful progress on your new BOAF! I hope you find a little bit of time to relax and rediscover yourself after this stressful period.

I've greatly appreciated your friendship, kind comments and lovely blog this year. I wish you the best in 2010. May it be happy and prosperous.

Lisa said...

Happy New Year Melissa! I have really enjoyed reading your blog, here's to another fun filled year!

Margaret said...

Melissa, it's been my first year blogging as well! I've so enjoyed getting to know you this year. :D I love your Bethrothed Sampler -- that's yet another one I'd love to stitch someday. I hope you enjoy that time to yourself that is coming up. Sounds to me like you deserve it!! Have a happy, healthy, New Year!

Suzanne said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog this last year and look forward to seeing more of your beautiful stitching next year.

Have a happy new year!

Cari said...

It's always a treat to stop by and visit you and hear what's going on in your little corner of the world - sounds like you have been busy!

I hope you have a wonderful New Year's, Melissa!

Evik said...

Melissa, I'm so glad I found your beautiful blog :) I look forward to your writing and stitching in next year.

Happy New Year!

KarenV said...

Happy New you to you Melissa! :)

I know I haven't commented much of late, but I always enjoy seeing your updates and your lovely stitching projects. Looking forward to "visiting" with you again in 2010.

Lois said...

Wishing you health and happiness in 2010 Melissa. I love dropping by your blog and catching up with what you've been doing. Love the sampler you've started and I totally understand how you haven't been finding time to stitching lately, I've been having that going on too and I'm starting to miss my stitching 'fix'.

Karoline said...

All the best for 2010 Melissa.

Your sampler is looking lovely

Siobhan said...

Oooh, Melissa, I looooove My Betrothed. I really hope to stitch that this year! Beautiful gift from Leena, too.

I can relate to the feelings of disorientation. It takes me awhile to feel grounded--back to being ME, or what I'm used to as being ME--when I come back from the US, when a busy holiday period ends, etc. It's like stumbling around, trying to find yourself. I hope you can settle in soon. Enjoy the 'new' room!