Monday, September 7, 2009

Eye Candy - No calories!

This weekend really felt like Fall has arrived. We've had loads of rain and it's cooled down a lot. I actually got a lot of house-cleaning / tidying done inside which, believe me, has been needed for awhile! I feel very accomplished, if a little tired! But you don't want to hear about that. You want to see the framed pieces, so here they are!

First, a bit of explanation. You know it's tricky taking photos of a framed piece when you use glass. This weekend, I discovered the "display easel" and you'll see it in my photos. When I put it on my mantel piece, where we have an overhead light, I can take a fairly decent photo with flash off. The only drawback is that you see the bottom of the easel. See what you think. As usual you can click on the photo to view in more detail.

This is to show you the setup I'd just mentioned.

The Dainty Housewren
by Carriage House Samplings
This is such a pretty 'dainty' piece and well deserves its title.

Friendship Gathering
by Blackbird Designs
Of all my framed pieces I wasn't sure about this one initially. That is, until I found the perfect spot to hang it. When I found the spot, I breathed a sigh of relief!

Ellen Birdseye
by The Goode Huswife
I just love this frame. The colour complements the stitching so well!

Tulip for my Love
by Examplar from the Heart
The original design by Wilma had a wider frame. I really wrestled with which frame to use and in the end went with this black with gold beading. I now love it! Thanks to my framer for her suggestion!

Free to Be
by Wyanne Thompson
I bought this print from Wyanne a few months ago and finally got it framed. I love the frame with the tulip design. The colour of it is picked up from the colour of the tree.


Friendship Sampler
by Birds of a Feather
This has to be my favourite piece of all! I didn't go in with a black frame in mind but I love this one. It's a soft black with some orangey-brown in it. Reminds me of an old soft leather jacket!

Well, that's it my pretties! I will have more to show next weekend. Right now life is busy and will stay so for at least a couple of more weeks. I've tried to reply to emails this morning but if you are waiting for an email from me, just prod me gently!

Thank you for stopping by and your comments really make me feel like blogging is all worth the effort! BTW, my blog's one year birthday is coming up on the 22nd. Watch this space!

Wishing you a wonderful week!

35 comments:

Kellie said...

oooooh, Melissa, definately eye candy!! Love, love, love all those gorgeous pieces!! Your Ellen Birdseye always catches my eye. :)

Joanie said...

Your framed pieces are beautiful!!! I love all of them and your choices for frames simply complement your beautiful stitching! Thanks for the email, we are down to 5 days now til the wedding...crunch time!

Margaret said...

Oh wow! Fantastic! I love them all -- and your frame choices too. The perfect eye candy for me --thanks!

Irma said...

They all look fantastic! I love all the frames that you picked and they look so pretty grouped together on the mantel.

Cari said...

Oh, Melissa everything is beautiful, just beautiful. I love every piece! Your frames compliment your pieces so well.

I have never seen the Friendship Gathering and have to add that to my list - it's so pretty.

Thanks for sharing your work with all of us.

Snip said...

What an amazing collection of framed pieces! So beautiful. Where do you get your needlework framed?

Irene said...

Beautiful !! It would be hard to pick a favorite among them.

Mary said...

All wonderful framed finishes. Thanks for the "eye candy"!

Love to Stitch said...

Love it! Your display is fabulous and great idea with the photos! Nice to see another gal that like glass on her finished pieces; I know it is a personal preference. Looks great!!!!!

Barbi said...

Melissa! They are all so beautiful! I have to find tha Ellen Birdseye chart. I love it!

Jennifer said...

OH my! Wow! This is really the Wow Factor! They are beautiful, beautiful!
I love the tulip one with the couple holding hands.

Jennifer
http://www.feathersinthenest.blogspot.com/

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Oh, Melissa! What a joy to see your framed pieces. I love each and every one - the Wyanne piece is really pretty, too! You know me, my personal favorite is the Friendship Sampler and I love your frame selection. Can't wait to get mine framed, too. Every frame is perfect for the piece it holds - great job and thanks for sharing!

Andrea said...

OMG, eye candy indeed!! They are all just gorgeous, hard to pick a favorite as they are all perfect!

mainely stitching said...

Oh my gosh, everything is stunning. This really IS eye candy! I wouldn't be able to choose a favorite.

Tammy said...

Thank you for the no calorie posting! Oh, your pieces are just gorgeous, and I loved the Free to Be print also. WOW-everything is just beautiful!

Theresa said...

These are gorgeous!!!!!!! Such a great group of display~~

Mos Los Vagabondos said...

Wow! They are all beautiful. Nice job on picking out frames. I love the BBD sampler, I'm glad you found the right spot for it.

Cathy B said...

Oh gosh - they are all beautiful, but I'm rather partial to the BOAF piece too!

Deb said...

That is definitely some eye candy. All your framed pieces are wonderrful. I do have to say though that Ellen catches my eye everytime I see it!

Thanks for sharing all your beautiful pieces!

Rowyn said...

All your pieces are beautiful, and they make a dazzling display all together like that.

Siobhan said...

Wow wow wow!! Melissa, you must be so thrilled with everything! You made great choices on all the frames. I never paid much attention to Vilma's Tulips piece... dang, can't think of the name... but it is so nice. The BOAF one is fabulous, too. BBD--great. Everything is wonderful. YGG!!

Jane said...

Wow, Melissa! They are all such beautiful pieces in their frames. It's such a thrill to see them in their 'finished' state.

nima said...

wow..thank you for sharing...it was really eye candy

staci said...

All of your framed pieces are gorgeous!!! I'm drooling with envy!

I love to use the smaller easels for displaying pinkeeps ;)

Wendy said...

Definitely eye candy - your stitching looks absolutely gorgeous in all their pretty frames! How inspiring :-D

Katrina said...

Oh wow, Melissa everything is gorgeous! Love them all and your frames are perfect.

Vonna said...

Every little thing is just so pretty! I'm jealous :)

Karoline said...

Gorgeous framing Melissa, they're all gorgeous

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely framing. They all look fantastic.

valerie said...

OMG, your framed pieces are beautiful! You have a wonderful framer! All the mouldings compliment the colors of the linen and threads so well...and I love your mantel!

The Scarlett House said...

Melissa, all of your work is just fabulous. Excellent choices on the frames. I particularly love Ellen Birdseye. I've seen it done many ways, and I believe yours is my favorite. Great job on all.

CindyMae said...

Oh, all of your pretties are just gorgeous! Love all the framing! They are all fantastic!

Chrissie said...

Oh my goodness, how could I have missed this. Look at all this!! How wonderful. Congratulations on such a lot of beautiful work and framing.
I love Ellen Birdsye.

Chrissie

Suzanne said...

So many beautifully framed pieces. This is certainly eye candy! Off to add to my ever growing wish list.

Lhassa said...

Du beau travail, tes broderies sont magnifiques, un grand bravo à toi