Followers

Sunday, 19 July 2009

Two posts in a day!

I know, I'm faint with astonishment - two posts in one day! Well, the first one didn't really count!

Progress on Friendship Sampler! It felt like I was in quicksand for awhile as (1) BOAF designs usually have lots of colour changes so it was slow going, and (2) I was feeling poorly last week. Not sure why - summer bug? Fortunately by Friday, I was feeling better.
"The big picture" above
The "close-up" view. Every flower has 5 colours.

As I'd said the top border seemed to take forever last week but now I seem to be getting more the hang of it. You know, sometimes, it just takes awhile to 'get into' a project. Now I am really enjoying the colours! Speaking of colours, here are some I brought in from the garden.
First sweet peas and hydrangea of the season. Oh, the sweet smell!



See the Japanese Maple tree in the photo above? DH raised it from a seedling. What's amazing is that it's over 10 years old, and (unintentionally) this was left in a small pot for many years. Look at the little amount of soil compared to the its height! No wonder people make those into Bonsai trees! DH was re-potting a few of these today and we were amazed these (there are about 8 pots) have survived all these years with so much neglect!

Here is a photo of Mr Julius lying on one of DH's shirts. One of the things this crazy cat likes to do is to pull off any clothes he sees lying around (eg hanging on back of a chair) and wrestling it down into submission, and lying on top like a conquerer! Look at that face - can't get mad at him, can you?

Well, my friends, gotta run. I thank you so much for taking the time to visit, and leaving me comments. I don't always get to reply to you but I really enjoy knowing that you've been here, and what you think of the post, and sharing what's happening in your world.

Take care and have a wonderful week!

26 comments:

Cathy B said...

I haven't had time to put anymore stitches in my Friendship Sampler, but hope to get back to it soon. Yours looks great!

valerie said...

Great progress...5 colors per flower is tedious but the effect sure pays off!

Love Mr. Julius! He is so cute!

mainely stitching said...

Your BOAF progress is great - their borders tend to tire a person out, but then you get to fun bit of it and the stitching really seems to pick up a lot (IMHO). :D

Theresa said...

LOVE your sampler!!! Those flowers looked like they were jumping out from the fabric!!!
Mr. Julius is soooocute~~

KarenV said...

Your Friendship Sampler is looking gorgeous Melissa!

Love the photo of Julius - he looks so innocent sitting there ;)

Suzanne said...

This BOAF piece is really beautiful. I can imagine those flowers take time with five colours.

Vonna said...

What lovely flowers from the garden, I love the smell of sweet peas :)
Mr. Julius is a darling!
And your WIP...stunning!

Jane said...

Terrific progress on FS. Some patterns do take a while to get into. Then the enjoyment kicks in.

I'm amazed at your maple! I bet if you had given it all the attention in the world, it wouldn't have looked any better.

Mr. Julius is a cheeky one. Sounds like he's got a bit of character.

Hope it's not too hot your way and you get a chance to potter in your garden. Have a great week!

Margaret said...

I love how your Friendship Sampler is looking! Glad you're feeling better -- and the worst of the border is done! lol!

staci said...

Sorry to hear that you've been feeling poorly...there seems to be a lot of summer bugs flying around.

Your Friendship Sampler is looking lovely :)

Cari said...

YOu sampler is coming along nicely. What a funny story about your cat and the picture says it all "it's mine now" :-)

Jan said...

Julias is a adorable and that is so like a kitty to do!! Love your progress on the Friendship Sampler, you are doing great with it...so pretty!!

That Japanese Maple is amazing!!

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

The flowers you stitched look lovely and so do the flowers you picked. Mr Julius sounds like a character but too cute. CJ ok;-)

doris said...

Great progress on your FS.

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

FS is looking wonderful, Melissa. The colors in it are just so pretty, aren't they? The pic of your Japanese Maple is surprising and Mr. Julius is adorable!

Deb said...

I love your sampler - the colors are so pretty in this! Borders are always the longest and hardest (I think) things to stitch in a design.

kimstitch3 said...

you kitty looks like ours ,except ours is fat.lol. cute pic and I love looking at your blog, so nice, take care,Kimberly

Siobhan said...

Your Friendship Sampler looks great! Fabulous progress. Your plants are beautiful but pale in comparison next to that adorable kitty. ;)

Wendy said...

HI Melissa~ Great work on your BOAF Sampler - I love the colours :-D

The Scarlett House said...

Hi Melissa, it's so nice of you to stitch the Friendship Sampler for me...just kidding. Very nice.

CindyMae said...

Gorgeous progress!!! Mr. Julius looks very comfy indeed!!

Please stop by my blog and see the July 17th post as there is something there for you!!
http://stitchingkorner.blogspot.com/

Kellie said...

Hi Melissa,
I love that picture of little sweet Julius. :) He's so adorable. Your Friendship Sampler is looking fantastic! We have a Japanese Maple in the front yard that is about 13 years old. It is small too. We feared that the ice storm this past winter had killed it. We lost a large portion of it, but thankfully, it recovered, and is looking somewhat normal again. They are beautiful trees. I love when their leaves turn that deep red in the fall. Glad you are feeling better. I hope you have a great stitchy week. :)

Tammy said...

Oh wow, your sampler is great! That border would get to me too, lol! Sweet kitty!

Nina said...

This progress is so beautiful!
You cat is very cute :)

Ninnu said...

Your Friendship Sampler is very beautiful!

Snip said...

Great progress on your Friendship Sampler. Love the picture of your cat!