Followers

Thursday, 2 July 2009

Did you know...?

  1. Half of this year is over. Done. We're into the second half of 2009, kind of a mini happy new year, I'd like to think! Yeah, it kinda hit me this morning too. I feel like that little kid on the wagon, being pulled by the dog (the dog ain't stopping till it wants to stop!).
  2. I have no stitching to show you (a few squiggles are not worth showing) but I am blogging anyway.
  3. I found out Vilma from Examplar from the Heart (or Examplar Dames) has a blog! I found it today at the same time she posted about the chart Tulip for My Love, which I stitched for our 25th Anniversary in May. Such serendipty. But even better...
  4. Check out her freebie here! Yes, I did consider for a moment NOT telling anyone about it as it was like a secret treasure but then my inner fairy godmother says 'be careful; what goes around comes around...' then rolls her eyes at me and departed ...so I had to tell you!
  5. (in tiny whisper) the weather here is fabulous! Not too hot not too cold.
  6. Although I wish I was here... (somewhere in Tuscany)
  7. Instead I'm hanging out at home, but at least I can enjoy roses like these...
Ferdinand Picard Rose
striped and extremely fragrant!

Those were 7 things for the 7th month of the year. Good trick, huh? (No groaning from the peanut gallery!)

Evik has kindly graced me with this lovely blog award. Thank you.

I have tried 3 times to get a list of blogs to nominate but Blogger kept dying so I give up. I pass this on to all of you! I have added a lot of new-to-me blogs in my list so please feel free to browse from here.

Must finish this post before Blogger kills my post again. Have a great weekend and I hope to have something to show by Sunday. Thank you for stopping by. I now feel I have regular visitors who leave me comments which is the nicest thing to a virtual hug! Right back at'cha!

14 comments:

valerie said...

Melissa, I hope you are enjoying your quiet vacation. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for sharing the freebie. So pretty! I absolutely love your roses. Now that I'm a little older, I yearn for a garden of my own to plant roses and some fruits and veggies. Someday!

I wish I was in Tuscany too! :)

Tammy said...

The roses are beautiful! Add me to the Tuscany list as well, lol. Maybe I'll get there someday when I'm not afraid to fly?

Margaret said...

What fun! I like your 7 things. :D Those roses are beautiful! I wish we had your weather. It's too humid and cloudy and rainy -- for weeks now! Not too hot though.

Deb said...

Thanks so much for sharing the freebie! I am like you and can't believe that the year is 1/2 over. Where did it go? Hope that you're enjoying your quiet time and happy 4th.

Cari said...

What a fun idea - I like your 7 seven things! Thanks for sharing about the Examplary blog - I didn't know it existed and I thoroughly enjoyed my visit.

Enjoy your holiday weekend.

Cari

~ Stitchin Sweet Sue ~ said...

Such a lovely post! Thx for link to Vilma. Hmmmm, Tuscany...if we are very good perhaps we shall one day go there my friend. It shan't be too soon:)

http://stitchinsweetsue.blogspot.com/

Annemarie said...

Oh Melissa, thank you for sharing thelink to the freebie with us! And what a great way to fill up a non-stitchy blog post. I should follow your example!
Have a lovely weekend!

Cindy F. said...

Thanks for the great link to "From the Heart"!! and Congrats on your award!!
Some days blogger makes me CRAZY!!!...lol....ok, crazier;)

Siobhan said...

Yeah, can you believe the year is already 1/2 over?? I swear, each year goes faster & faster, probably because each year I also get older and older. ROFLOL! Love the roses!

Tatyana said...

OMG! I shouldn't show this picture to my boys, they will try to ride our German Shepherd! The roses are spectacular!

Brigitte said...

Thank you for sharing the link to the freebie and to her blog. She has some awesome designs and I can see my wishlist explode ba all the additions I have to make ...

Nancy said...

The ride in the cart looks like so much fun, doesn't it?

Your roses are gorgeous! I'm glad your fairy godmother asked you to share the free chart. I love berries, and it's such a beautiful design!

CindyMae said...

Thanks for sharing your 7 things! Great idea!! Hope you have/had a wonderful vacation!!

Kajsa said...

Have a great vacation! Love the rose you posted.