Sunday, June 7, 2009

Flowers everywhere!

We've had an incredible couple of weeks of sunshine and heat which cooled off for the weekend but that's ok as it's easier to work in the garden when it's not 30+ degrees outside!

I've started my next project, which is Love of Myn, by the talented Barbara (aka Queen of Chateau Chaos).
This is the first time I've stitched with HDF silks and there is only one word to describe it - "Yummy-licious". I used a darker linen than what Barbara used so the colours are showing up a bit differently. I'm using the same piece of linen (Lakeside "Reindeer") that I used for Tulip for my Love as the designs were exactly the same width. This is just a lovely and fun stitch!

Sheril received my BBD exchange piece on Thursday which meant it was phonomenal that it took barely 4 days to get to her in Oregon. It must be quicker going down the west coast than going to eastern parts of US. I stitched a piece from Beneath the Sunlit Sky.
It's unfortunate that the colours look so washed out. I've stitched this design in the past and it remains one of my favourite stitch from beginning to end. (In case you are wondering, those are dried rosebuds in the dish - they look terrible in the photo!)

Now, some flower photos of course.
Some agapanthus in a pot in the foreground. I love sitting on that bench in the corner of our sundeck. Looks like I need some nice cushions there, eh?

Golden Celebration, a David Austin rose - this looks like a photo from a magazine, doesn't it? It isn't, it's that gorgeous! And the fragrance is wonderful!

Clematis came with the house, unknown name

That's my post for the day! Thank you for stopping by and remember the giveaway in the previous post. The cutoff will be midnight on Saturday, the 13th and I'll draw and post the winner on Sunday.

Have a great week! Remember, I love reading your comments! If you don't know what to say - tell me what you are doing this week (eg stitching? reading? vacationing?) I'm waiting for the yummy local strawberries to arrive!

27 comments:

Karoline said...

The exchange piece is lovely and 'Love' is a great new start. Your flowers look gorgeous

mainely stitching said...

Oh, wow! Love of Myn looks FABULOUS!!!! And I just love your cutout from the BBD design - gorgeous!! Wishing you a great upcoming week!!

Lennu said...

Your stitching looks wonderful, both Love of Myn and your exchange piece! It's always such a joy to visit your blog, it's full of wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing the flower photos too!

Have a happy week! I'll be working, continuing THE big summer-cleaning of the house with kids and hopefully stitching too in the evenings!

Glenna said...

Love of Myn is very cute--I just love the little yellow pear. The BBD is so pretty also--one I want to get to. And your flowers are wonderful as always--you have the perfect temps and moisture for all the best stuff. We have a tough time with some flowers--they get burned up with the constant summer heat and frozen in the winter.

Patti said...

I LOVE your Love of Myn - I bought it too but have as yet not stitched it and your flowers are just gorgeous. I hope you have a really good week and share lots more stitching. Love Patti xxx

Margaret said...

I love the Love of Myn chart -- it's so pretty! And your exchange piece is lovely too. Great flower pics. Want to plant a garden for me? :D

Andrea said...

Your WIP is just lovely! Glad you're enjoying it so much, yummy-licious, too funny!

Girl, your blooms are gorgeous! I esp. love the David Austin rose, wish I could stick my nose in it and breathe in the fragrance :-)

Love the BBD exchange piece you did for Sheril, it's beautiful! That's one of my favorite designs, not sure exactly why I haven't stitched it yet!

Have a great week!
xoxo

Kellie said...

Hi Melissa,
Your stitching and your flowers are beautiful, as always!! :) Hope you have a great week!

Jan said...

OH that Cyclamen is gorgeous!! As is your stitching, great start and finish!

Tammy said...

Your flowers are gorgeous--and your project is lovely! Beautiful exchange piece!

missy said...

I wou;d never leave your garden. Truly beautiful!!

Hugs
-missy-

Rowyn said...

Your BBD design is gorgeous, as are your flowers.

This week I am first and foremost trying to keep warm (it's been a cold winter so far). I am also looking foward to dinner at my parents on Friday and my nephew's birthday dinner on Saturday (it's his choice and he is only turning 11, so I hope it's not McDonald's!!).

Enjoy your summer weather, and have a great week.

Annemarie said...

I've always wanted to stitch 'Beneath the Sunlit Sky' and I love that you took just a smidgen of it to convert it into an exchange gift :o)
Oh, and I just adoooore this design of Barbara's. In a few weeks' time, when it's time for my well-deserved and long-awaited holiday, I will definitely give in to startitis. With a vengeance :o)

Jane said...

You've always got lots to show and talk about in your posts, Melissa. A feast for one's eyes. Looks like you've been busy with your stitching. Great exchange, you do such a wonderful job of them. Your current stitch is looking lovely too. And those flowers in your garden! I'm a fan of David Austin roses. They're just divine and yours look so healthy. Agapanthus I adore also - very hardy and low maintenance, with gorgeous flower heads. Beautiful pictures!

valerie said...

Lovely start to "love" and I think your pinkeep is gorgeous. I am coveting that pattern now and think I will have to pull the plug and just buy it! We are strawberried out! Season started early here and we've eaten a ton. We're on a blueberry and cherry kick. Thank goodness for the farmers' market! :)

Michele said...

Love the pinkeep you made! and your start on Love of Myn is lovely! I have a piece of Reindeer too .. haven't started anything on it yet .. but I love the color :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your exchange piece is lovely! Your flowers are so nice, everything seems to be a little slower this year up here.

Margaret said...

Lovely stitching and lovely flowers

VALIE said...

Flowers do make a difference to our lives, don't they ? I like your stitched pieces, the BBD cutout is a great idea !

Siobhan said...

Your Love of Myn looks beautiful!! Love the exchange piece, too.

The garden pictures are lovely. My neighbor just lent me a few gardening books so that I can put a name to some of the bushes that came with the house.

Have a great week!

kimstitch3 said...

I love your blog and pretty flower pics,Kimberly

Littlebit said...

Your stitching is just beautiful..so are your flower pics. Love them!

stitcherydoo said...

Your exchange is as beautiful as your garden. I know you don't like how the rose petals look in the bowl, but I think you did a marvelous job at staging your work for that photo. It looks wonderful!

Brigitte said...

Love of Myn is such a beautiful project. And no wonder that you love stitching with these silks, they are really great to use.
I love the part of the BBD chart that you used for the exchange. I think I have to continue stitching on my BBD ...

The Scarlett House said...

Oooohhhh, your flowers are beautiful. Enjoy them.

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Your start on Love of Myn looks awesome! Arent' silks just the most wonderful fibers! Your exchange piece turned out great!

I just posted some of my garden flowers as well and I think I have a clematis like yours. I planted it but have no idea what the heck it's called!

Ele said...

Hi Melissa,

flowers everywhere just wonderful!
I don't know how to say in English, but youre roses, Clematis (German) and the other are very beautiful!

Have a fabulous summer!
Gabriele