Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tulip for my Love

Here we go! "Tulip for my Love" for our 25th Anniversary. Finished it this morning! Happy Happy Dance!

The whole thing, personalized for the occasion. The photo below is the original design so you can see the changes I made.

The original design by Examplar from the Heart

The Right Side

The Left Side - I think the hardest part was to replace the numerical portion with these designs for our anniversary. I substituted a bird from Blackbird Designs, then the vine with heart was made up by me. I love it - the colours are actually brighter than how they show up in these photos. It was well worth it hunting through all the charts to find just he right thing. In the end, it was just a hodge podge pulled out of a hat!

The linen I used is 'Reindeer' by Lakside Linen, exclusive for Shakespeare's Peddler. I had to adjust the colours of the floss a bit as the linen is darker than what you see in the original design.

While I was stitching 'Tulip' I listened to Sissy Spacek read "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee. What a treat! I love how Sissy Spacek narrates the book - there's a certain cadence to her narration which sets the mood just right. The book is wonderful of course!

Now, for some stash. First a belated photo of a birthday gift from Miss Jane. Thank you! (Can you guess the weather chez Miss Jane's?)
Winter Woolens by Stacy Nash Primitives

Next two photos are the OOP charts I purchased last week while in Victoria.
Alpha Bird
Alpha Menagerie
Alpha Sheep
all by Sheepish Desgins

Fruitful Clusters by the Goode Huswife
Seven Sailors by the Goode Huwsife
Honesty, Loyalty by Birds of a Ffeather

Let me gloat for a moment. It's so rare that I get to an LNS let alone find some OOP charts. If anyone is looking for the last 2 Alpha charts from Sheepish Designs, this store had a few copies available. The best thing to do is to phone them if you are interested. I think the website is somewhat out of date.

Now I have 2 exchanges to do as they are due end of next week! So no stitching photos for awhile.

I am eagerly waiting for the new designs from Primitive Needle! I keep leaving comments on Lisa's blog - when, when will they be released?!!! I somehow think Siobhan will have the first one stitched up lickety split, eh? Such fun to be had!

There's a new freebie from Blackbird Designs too - check it out! Ooooh-la-la!

Checking the blogs, everyone seems very busy at the moment with end of school year things, weddings, and of course maybe some work here and there! I hope you are catching some time to pick up the needle and stitch. Thanks for dropping by and thank you for your comments, especially the flowers my son bought for me. You know, moms, miracles c-a-n happen! It just might take a wee while longer than you'd expect! :-)

35 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Your anniversary piece is beautiful. I'm sure your husband will be thrilled. Congrats on your finds at the LNS.

Tanya said...

I have wanted to stitch that design for a while. Yours is gorgeous and personalized. Very special indeed. And your stash! woohoo! Thanks for the heads up on BBD.

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

What a great post, Melissa! I love your anniversary stitch and your changes are perfect - the colors are so pretty and your hubby will cherish it. Isn't it fun to get new stash? Especially those rare HTF or OOP charts. I am also anxious for Lisa's new designs - love, love, love her stuff. Have a great day!!!

Nicole said...

Beautiful finish Melissa! I just love it! Happy 25th! That is quite a milestone - congratulations! :) Love all the new stash! Great OOP finds! Looks like you had a good time in Victoria! :)

Jane said...

Wow, Melissa! What a fantastic finish with your anniversary piece. Love how you've worked your own layout below the alphabet. The colours are great and it will be something to cherish for the future.

Lovely charts you've picked up too. You're doing well with those OOPs.

Margaret said...

Oh I love your anniversary piece! It's just exquisite! Congrats on your 25th anniversary. We had ours last year. I love your stash as well. I've been after those BOAF charts forever! You're lucky to have found such good OOP charts!

Deb said...

Your anniversary piece is wonderful. I love the colors you used on it! And great OOP stash haul. You just have to do a happy dance when you come across things like that!

Siobhan said...

Oh wow, what a beautiful gift for your anniversary! Congrats most especially on the anniversary--but also on the sweet reminder. :) I know your husband will love it. I keep planning to stitch stuff for the master bedroom but rarely do so... I might add this to the list! ;)

Great new stash haul! Woohoo!

I can't wait for Lisa's new designs, either! She always comes up with stuff I MUST stitch--can't wait for them to be released!

Leah said...

Your anniversary piece turned out splendidly!!

S said...

Your finish is wonderful and congrats on your 25th Anniversary!!

Tanya said...

Absolutely gorgeous finsh!!! Congrads to you both.

Tanya

Jennifer said...

That anniversary piece is lovely!
I would love to locate that design as hubbie is dutch and I love to stitch dutchie samplers. Is this a retired one?
Jennifer
http://www.feathersinthenest.blogspot.com

Анна - Зонт said...

What a beautiful finish!

Jan said...

Congrats on the anniversary and what a gorgeous project, I love it!!

valerie said...

Happy Anniversary! 25 years...wow! It's a lovely gift you stitched up in honor of such a great achievement. Nice find of those OOP charts!

Andrea said...

Congrats on your 25th anniversary! I love your piece, it's MUCH prettier than the original, WTG!!
Wow, love those new designs from Primitive Needle, and you're right, Siobhan will be the first to stitch them ;-)
Great BDay stash too!! Hope you had a great day!

xoxo

Barb said...

Love your finish! The colors are so rich. Our 25th is in 2 years...I can hardly believe it. And great stash! I love BOAF and my next piece will be one.

Thanks for everything Melissa.

mainely stitching said...

Oh, I'm so happily envious of your OOP finds! What gems! :D And your finish is GORGEOUS! What a delightful gift, and your personalizations are absolutely lovely.

Chrissie said...

Congratulations on your 25th anniversary and what a beautiful piece you have stitched to commemorate the occasion. Love your new stash finds too.

Chrissie

Suzanne said...

Congratulations on your 25th Anniversary! This is a lovely piece you have stitched as a reminder. You have adapted the piece really well.

Great stash haul, I am really jealous!

Jurga said...

Just gorgeous work! Very beautiful colours. Congratulations on your anniversary! :)

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Whoo Hoo, wonderful finish, congrats. New stash too, that's great. CJ ok;-)

Karoline said...

Congratulations on your anniversary, the sampler is gorgeous

Michele said...

Happy Anniversary Melissa! Love the piece you stitched for your husband .. it's lovely!

I really love Mystic Sampler .. can't wait to get in my hot little hands :)

CindyMae said...

Happy Anniversary and your finished anniversary piece is absolutely fantastic! You made wonderful and perfect changes to personalize it! Beautiful work!

Snip said...

What an exciting and packed post! Love your new finish! Just lovely. Happy anniversary! Beautiful new stash. As always, thanks for sharing. I am going to the Button Shop next week. It's such a lovely store.

Snip said...

Thank you for the info! I can't wait to check out the new store! I hope you don't mind, but I've nominated you for a Lovely Blog Award.

Cheryl said...

Oh your finish is so beautiful! A great anniversary piece! Congrats on your 25years.
Thanks for the BD freebie link, my aunt lives in France i might stitch that one for her

KarenV said...

A belated Happy Anniversary to you and your DH Melissa! :) I love the sampler you stitched to commemorate the date. You got some great stash too - lucky you!

Brigitte said...

Oh Melissa, your adaptation of Tulip is so beautiful, so perfect. What a great anniversary piece.
All your finds at the LNS are gorgeous, I wish we had stores here where I could find such charts. Enjoy!

Ele said...

Hello Melissa,

its a great pleasure to come and visit your beautiful blog.
Your cross-stitch projects are great indeed!

have a happy stitching time
and my greetings

Gabriele from Germany

Tammy said...

Great stuff! And what an awesomely beautiful anniversary piece. Fantastic job!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Yes, it was YOU that recommended the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society! I went back thru your blog to find the post. The sad thing is, when I saw your post, I printed it and set it aside so that I would remember where I saw it. Thank you! It was one lovely book that I have already recommended to many folks. Just wanted to let you know that there will be a little "friendship" headed your way next week ;-)

Lennu said...

Congratulations on your anniversary and congratulations on the beautiful finish! You personalized it so beautifully, it's perfect. Oh and the flowers you received for Mother's day are special :)

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛