Saturday, May 16, 2009

A lovely start to the R&R week

Yesterday when I got home from a business trip, tired and cranky, I was greeted by a enticing package waiting on the hall table for me. At first, I'd thought it was from some online shopping but then I read the return address and it wasn't from anyone I knew. It took a few minutes before I figured out it was from one of my exchanges. More precisely, from the PS Exchange. Andrea sent me this beauty, and I will unveil it slowly.

First, the package and the lovely card
Notice the pretty wrapping and the pretty card.
Good thing I read the card because it warned me not to be shocked if it looked like it had a cold.

See what I mean?
Andrea had carefully tucked rolled up tissues so that the ribbons wouldn't be crushed! How clever and it worked beautifully, as you can see in the next 2 photos.



I tell ya - I was sooooo happy! I was just beside myself. This piece is absolutely beautifully stitched and beautifully finished. This is the first flat-fold finish that I have seen in person and I am thrilled with it. I have never tried this finish but now I will have an excellent model to follow.

Thank you so much, Andrea! I love it!

It was a great start to our long Victoria Day weekend. I also have the rest of next week off so I'm doubly happy. I so very much need a break to decompress! I also need to catch up on my stitching, including 2 exchanges due end of this month!

I have made some progress on Tulip for my Love, AND I got some great OOP charts when I was on my business trip in Victoria. I will show them to you in my next post.

In the meantime, I will show you the flowers my 'boy' gave me for Mother's Day. I was shocked because he went to buy this himself without any prompting - my, he is growing up into a nice, charming young man!

By the way, a shout out to Glenna - thanks so much for offering to get me the floss (and opening that LNS here - YGG!). It did arrive and I was able to finish stitching the Quaker star motifs.

Thank you to everyone for dropping by! I will post again soon. Enjoy the weekend!

25 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow! Both the exchange piece and the flowers are lovely! I love the ribbons having a cold! lol! (And you were right about my boy with the "I don't know you" look on his face. Whenever I'm out with him, he always walks behind me so it looks like he's not with me. lol!)

Lisa said...

Lovely exchange from Andrea, she makes such beautiful things. And I must remember the tissues in the ribbon, what a fab idea!

Glenna said...

The PS finish and the flowers are both beautiful and sweet! So much better than getting a bill in the mail too!

valerie said...

Lovely exchange! I love flatfolds but I like Andrea's smaller stand version than mine. The tissue is a great idea. Must remember that.

Pretty flowers from your boy! :)

Have a great week off from work!

Rowyn said...

A gorgeous exchange, and the flowers are beautiful too (I especially like the Irises amongst them).

I like forward to seeing your new stash.

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Hi Melissa! What a beautiful exchange piece you received!!! I love that little pattern but have yet to stitch it. Your flowers are beautiful, too! Have a great week!!!

Cindy said...

This is Gorgeous!!
Andrea is always so good in her stitching and finishing.
Enjoy Melissa. (^_^)

Brigitte said...

Melissa, what a wonderful exchange piece this is. I received the same from Joke in the first round and she had finished it as a little pillow.
I'm looking forward to seeing your new charts.
Enjoy your week off.

CindyMae said...

What an absolutely gorgeous flat fold! The stitching is fantastic and that finishing is to die for! Beautiful flowers as well!!

Анна - Зонт said...

A beautiful exchange! And the flowers are so sweet!

Leah said...

Wowsers...how lucky are you?!? Andrea did a spectacular job. Enjoy your week off!!

Jane said...

Beautiful flowers for Mother's Day, Melissa. Hope you enjoyed your day.

Love the exchange you received too! Such a lot of work with this one. It's gorgeous!!

Enjoy the next week off from work. :) Hope you get the stitching you want done.

Karoline said...

It's a gorgeous exchange

Kellie said...

Melissa, the PS finish and the flowers are both very beautiful. What a thoughtful young man! :) Enjoy your long holiday weekend and the week off. Make sure you show us all the stitching you work on during your time off. :)

Patti said...

I really love the exchange piece your received. It is beautifully stitched and finished. What a lovely treat to come home to. Also your flowers from your son for Mother's Day are just gorgeous. Lots of Love Patti xxx

Deb said...

Both the exchange piece and the flowers are beautiful. That is such a great idea to stuff the ribbons with tissue!

Joanie said...

Girl! What a gorgeous exchange! I love it!

Hey, I owe you a long email...soon, ok?

Suzanne said...

That's a really beautiful exchange from Andrea. She has done a great job of finishing.

Lovely flowers!

Jan said...

Melissa, what a truly lovely exchange to receive! That is so pretty. Glad the 'cold' tissues helped cushion that lovely ribbon embellishment!(^-^)

Andrea said...

So glad you liked it. You'll have to blame Vonna with the tissue/ribbon idea I'm afraid. :)

mainely stitching said...

Wow, that's a gorgeous exchange! I need to finish mine up and get it posted. LOL!

Love the pretty posies, too!

Chrissie said...

Melissa, how lovely to receive those gorgeous flowers from your son. What a treat it would be to open that gorgeous exchange gift and a brilliant idea Andrea had come up with to avoid the ribbons from being squashed.

Chrissie

Siobhan said...

Oh my GOSH, that is a gorgeous exchange piece!! The flowers are beautiful, too. I'm lucky if my son realizes it's Mother's Day--I don't think he'd think about buying me something if it wasn't as a group gift from the family. I need to work on that! ;)

Vonna said...

Isn't that fantabulous? I saw it on Andrea's blog and thought it gorgeous! LUCKY DUCKY YOU!!!

Tammy said...

What a beautifully finished piece--lucky girl!