Followers

Sunday, 5 April 2009

Six Birds in the Garden

It's a beautiful Sunday so it will be gardening time today. I went out last Sunday for the first time to start some garden clean-up. The weather has been wicked and changing hour by hour at times. We even had a touch of snow mid-week. I've noticed the same regarding the weather in many of your blogs as well.

We've lost some plants due to the unusually harsh winter for this area. At the same time, I was surprised by how well some plants have done though while others have died. I have 3 tree peonies and they're all doing great! Even my one delphinium survived. I could never grow delphiniums at my old place but here, I planted one last summer and it was a giant. I will have to post pictures of it this summer.

Now for some stitchy progress on Ellen Birdseye.

Andrea, I think, asked me about the floss colours I am using for this. I will list them when I am finished as I may change things as I go.

I will be stitching on This is the Day this week (SAL with Joanie) so I am looking forward to that. But most of all I am looking forward to the 4 day Easter weekend. I feel like the stranded man in the desert crawling towards the oasis.

Oh, I almost forgot! My dear pal Jane has given me an award a few days ago. Thank you Jane!
Jane has a fabulous blog - wonderful stitching and wonderful photos to show them off. She was one of my earliest stitching email buddies so I feel very honoured that she gave me this award.

Now, I should pass this onto four other people. As usual, it's hard to pick a few out of such a wonderful group of stitchers as yourselves. In no particular order :
  • Karen of Simply Stitching. Karen might not realize this but she cracks me up with her honest accounting of her WIP's. Karen and I have emailed each other off and on but I've never asked her if she is an accountant, or has accountant-tendencies! She has wonderful stitching on her blog.
  • Sue of Wee Bird. Sue and I form bookends geographically in Canada. I'm on the west coast and she's on the east, but that's not really the reason. I can't remember really how I met Sue and again here is someone who makes me laugh. Her enthusiasm is contagious and I don't know how many group blog things she has set up this year already!
  • Annemarie of Orts and Ends. Again, I don't remember how I met Annemarie but we were emailing for awhile (note the hint of a guilt trip here?) I enjoy her blog for her writing as well as her stitching.
  • Last, but not least is Leena. She was my first blog buddy and she is just a sweet person. Her stitching is just beautiful - I can attest to that by having the honour of owning one of her stitched pieces.
Well, sunshine is calling and I must obey! Thank you for stopping by and saying hi. If you have left comments but I haven't been by your blog to thank you, please forgive me and accept this as my thanks. Life is crazy busy and a few things are distracting me at the moment.

Until next time, happy stitching, and "bring on the chocolate bunnies!"

21 comments:

:: wee bird :: said...

hey you! have fun with your gardening.Still too early over here.
love the wip,coming along beaut-i-fully!
I think you either came on to my blog or I found your blog,not sure either but I am so happy we are friends :D
thanks for the award I shall get it up on my blog asap.
ttfn

Annemarie said...

Aww, thanks Melissa. I'm honoured that you even thought of me and it isn't exactly peanuts to be listed with the other three ladies :o)
As for e-mailing... picture me blushing...

Patti said...

Hope you have had fun with your gardening. The weather here in the U.K. has been crazy too - it's been really really nice and not raining hardly at all. So unusual. I love your Ellen Birdseye and congratulations on your award. Hugs Patti xxx

Margaret said...

I love your Ellen Birdseye! It's gorgeous! I look forward to seeing your floss list. :D

Tammy said...

Birdseye is looking so nice! Congrats on your award-certainly deserved! Have a wonderful week!

Suzanne said...

We are doing the Autumn clean-up of the garden and this brutal summer was not very kind on some plants either. There is so much work, it may take a few weeks to get done.

Ellen Birdseye is a lovely piece and you are progressing well. Congratulations on your award!

KarenV said...

No, not an accountant, but I was a librarian in a former life, which I think has got something to do with it ;) Thank you for the award, I shall blog about it later this week :)

Love your progress on Ellen Birdseye, it's looking lovely so far. Hope you got some good time in the garden yesterday - we spent most of the weekend first at the garden centre and then outside planting up what we'd bought, so it was obviously a good weekend for gardening!

Анна - Зонт said...

Congrats!
And the design is very interesting! Looks nice!

Jane said...

Would love to see some pics of your garden. Sounds like you have some lovely plants in it.

Great going with your current WIP, it's looking wonderful.

Must catch up again with you soon. I've been a bit slack lately. :)

CindyMae said...

Your WIP is just gorgeous!!! You are doing awesome work! Hope the weather stays nice enough to get that gardening done! Looking forward to seeing This is the Day progress as well!

Deb said...

Your Ellen Birdseye is looking wonderful and can't wait to see what color changes you make. I've been eyeing this design and think I'm going to have to start it soon. Hope you have fun with your gardening. We can't do that here yet - got another six inches of snow last night!

Joanie said...

Hi ya!

Love E. Birdseye...now I want to stitch mine! Worked on This is the Day yesterday, almost 4 hours worth! Got a good portion of the house stitched. I am skipping around the sampler, I can't take too much of the backround filling before I go bonkers. Talk with you soon!

The Scarlett House said...

Oh Melissa, I wish I could send you some sunshine and warmer temps from AZ. Love the new starts. I want to stitch Ellen oneday.

Katrina said...

Love your Ellen Birdseye!

I am having the same issue with my Lilac tree. I think it's ruined for the year.

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Glad you can enjoy some gardening. Still too snowy and cold in Michigan. Love your Ellen Birdseye!!! Congrats on the award!

mainely stitching said...

Gorgeous progress!!! :D

Siobhan said...

Enjoy your gardening!! Both literally and with your Ellen Birdseye. It looks great!

Jan said...

Love how your EB is looking, I just adore this sampler! Enjoy your stitching on This Is The Day this week.:)

Brigitte said...

We started garden work yesterday and wanted to continue today but it's too cold today, not a single sunbeam. Good luck with your gardeing.
Ellen Birdeye is coming along great, I love those birds, they are adorable and as I can see there will be some more on the fabric soon. But then,I love everything with birds in it.

Andrea said...

Wonderful progress on your E. Birdseye!!

I love the same blogs you mentioned, they are some of my favorites :-)

Carol R said...

Congratulations on the award!
Ellen is coming along great- love your colour choices!