Followers

Friday, 10 April 2009

Here we go

Happy Easter Weekend! It's my birthday today and having it on an extra long weekend is a gift in itself! I plan to stitch and stitch some more and do all sorts of self indulgent things, including chocolates! (one can always dream!)

May I introduce you to Emily the Stitching (& often Stashing) Mouse.

As my birthday treat, I adopted her from The House of Mouse. Her creator is the very talented Anna. I originally found Anna's work at our stitching Anna's site. I want to adopt more mice but I will have to pace myself!

I was hoping my package from the SBBC would have arrived but I guess it may be next week. In the meantime I did receive a floss order this week and will be able to kit up a few more projects this weekend.

I would like to ask if anyone has this chart.
Friendship Sampler
by Birds of a Feather

This chart is OOP. I thought I saw it at an ONS in December but I messed up with the shopping cart thinking I had purchased it when I hadn't. When I went back to check with the ONS a few weeks later I found the chart gone. So if you have it, I would love to buy/trade/borrow - please email me (pretty please?).

I will blog more this weekend. I have to definitely catch up with my stitching as I have not stitched much this week, including my SAL with Joanie on This is the Day! Lots of fun to cram into the 4 day weekend!

Enjoy whatever celebrations you have for this weekend!

24 comments:

Michele said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I can't help with the chart - it looks like a good one! I wish all the designers would release their OOP chart as digital downloads - we would buy them up!

:: wee bird :: said...

hey girl happy birthday to you! I hope you sit back with a bottle of wine and a good stitching project!

valerie said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Easter! I can't help with the chart either...sorry. But I love the stitchy mouse. It's so cute!

CindyMae said...

HAPPY HAPPY Birthday!!! I pray that you have a wonderful and blessed birthday! I love your stitching mouse!! So cute!!

Harmien said...

Happy Easter and a very Happy Birthday to you, Melissa!! Emily is so cute. Enjoy your chocolates and your birthday weekend!

Deb said...

Happy Birthday! I can't help with the chart either. But I know there have been a couple people looking for that one. I agree with Michele - I wish the designers would release those OOP charts as downloads. Would make us all happy campers and not have to try to outbid someone on the Bay of Evil! Hope you have a Happy Easter!

Leah said...

I hope you have a wonderful birthday, Melissa! I love the little mouse - it's too cute. :)

Glenna said...

Cute chart--I have a lot of Sheepish Designs charts, but I've never seen that one. Maybe it's rare? Happy birthday! My idea of a perfect celebration: lots and lots of stitching. I like the stitchy mouse too.

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day!
Cute little mouse

KarenV said...

Happy Birthday Melissa! I hope you have a fabulous day and a wonderful Easter weekend! :) Love the cute little mouse, so sweet!

Theresa said...

Emily is soooo cute!!!!!!
Happy birthday and happy Easter!!!

Suzanne said...

This is a lovely design. I did find one place that sells it, here is the link.

http://www.emlis.com/feather.htm

I love your little mouse, very cute!

Jan said...

Happy Birthday, dear Melissa!!! Hope your day and night are everything you want it to be!

Love that adorable mousie!:)

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Happy Birthday, Melissa! I love your little mouse! I've looked for that chart as well and have come up empty. It's a great little chart - I hope you find it!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Melissa! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Alice said...

Happy Birthday!! You are the second person I know of that look for that chart. Sorry, I cannot help you there but will keep my eyes peeled. Love your little mouse and I am sure this one will be the first of many. ; )
Alice

Siobhan said...

Happy happy birthday!! I hope you had a great day and that this year will bring you much happiness and stitchy finishes. ;) That mouse is adorable! Sorry I can't help on the chart. It's a BOAF, isn't it? I loooove their stuff.

Jane said...

Happy birthday, Melissa! Hope you had a wonderful day to celebrate.

Brigitte said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope your day yesterday was terrific. And I wish you lots and lots of time for stitching.

Mos Los Vagabondos said...

Happy Birthday to you, Melissa! Best wishes for a great stitching year.

Kellie said...

Happy Birthday, Melissa! I hope your day was wonderful! Good luck finding the chart you are looking for.

Margaret said...

Happy Birthday (belated!) Melissa and good luck with getting teh chart

The Scarlett House said...

Happy belated birthday, Melissa. Hope your day was wonderful. Your little mouse pal is too cute. I wish I could help you out with the chart. I'll keep a look out for it.

mainely stitching said...

I'll bet you 10 bucks that Emlis doesn't have it, either. They are truly TERRIBLE about updating their site. Drives me crazy. I wish you lots of luck in finding this delightful chart though - I've never seen it before, but now that I have, I love it. ;)

Wishing you a great Easter weekend! And happy (belated) birthday wishes. :D