Followers

Sunday, 1 March 2009

March - waiting for Spring

The snowdrops are out in full force. Spring is just around the corner...we hope.

We had a cold spell last week, with a dusting of snow mid-week although some outlying areas got as much as 25 cm! Luckily not much in the city so life carried on. However, with the weather change there seems to be bad viruses going around. It's either the sinus and cough variety, or the stomach bug one. I got something like the stomach thing last week although I probably survived it better than most. I'm just incredibly tired. Work, of course, is not helping as it's getting crazier all the time.

I hardly stitched during the week so I must've been really sick! However, I did finally picked up the needle the last couple of days and have made some progress.

Friendship Gathering
by Blackbird Designs

One of the nice things that happened on Monday when I was at home sick was that I got some stash in the mail! Wouldn't it be nice if stash could drop down from heaven just when you need it? Instead of a stork delivering babies, I think we need a stork delivery cross stitch goodies!

some new Nashville releases from Blackbird Designs

a couple of oldies but goodies from Carriage House Samplings

I must say when I opened up the new booklet from Blackbird "My Heart is True" I was very surprised not only by the primitive style but how much it reminded me of Stacy Nash designs! Needless to say of course I love this booklet! However, most require hand finishing so not sure when I'll do those. It's still a nice little book to look through.

As to CHS, it's another designer where I am catching up on their older charts. With Spring in the air, I want to stitch "The Song they Sang".

I will make this a shorter post than usual as I'm feeling tired so will just take it easy today. A sore throat is threatening to overtake me and I won't let it!

I've read a lot of you are sick as well with one virus or another. I hope you feel better soon. I will probably be back next time with photos of my Prairie Schooler exchange as I think my partner should have received it by end of the week.

Thank you so much for the lovely comments you left on my last post - they are wonderful medicine in themselves! Take care!

19 comments:

linenstitcher2 said...

Oh, you very lucky stitcher, you! What wonderful new stash to play with!! Can't wait to see some of these stitched up!

Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Take care of yourself and bounce back quickly!

Susimac said...

I hope that you feel better soon those tummy bugs are awful. Get as much rest as you can, I love your BD progress its looking very pretty

Irene said...

Friendship gathering is looking nice. Great stash. Hope you feel better soon.

Julie's Keepsakes said...

I just love the BBD booklet. I bought the new one too and I have Thank You, Sarah Tobias, which I just finished stitching and assembling Sarah's ABC Pincushion - it's posted on my blog if you'd like to take a gander. :D

I can't wait to get started on a little design in the new book.

Sorry you're a little under the weather. I think you're right...everyone is getting sick these days. I think this is pretty typical with the seasons.

Margaret said...

Melissa
Thank you for your kind words of encouragement on my blog. I love your progress on Blackbird Designs - it is so pretty

Rowyn said...

I am definitely up for a stork delivering stash... do you think they'd fly this far south? :-)

Friendship Gathering is looking beautiful.

Hope you start feeling better soon.

mainely stitching said...

You chose some great older charts by CHS!

Take care & rest up - don't want anyone else falling ill!!

Jane said...

That's awful you're feeling sick, Melissa. A speedy recovery is being sent your way. :) You're doing well to still get some stitching in.

Love your new stash, and I agree, there should be a stash stork to deliver lovely goodies on a regular basis. Say every week, on a random day! :) Wouldn't that make our lives wonderful?

Patti said...

I am so sorry you have been ill but glad you're better now and I love love love what you have stitched but then again I ALWAYS love BBD designs. Lots of Love Patti xxx

Nicole said...

I'm so sorry you weren't feeling well. Friendship Gathering is looking beautiful! Great stash! I just love everything you got! We have such similar tastes! :)

staci said...

I hope you're feeling better now. Looks like you got some wonderful "get-well" mail ;)

Brigitte said...

You have some wonderful new stash, Melissa. The charts by BBD are already on my wishlist, tehy are beautiful, aren't they.
I love your progress picture of Friendship Gathering. It's such a nice design with gorgeous colours.
I hope you will feel better soon!

Annemarie said...

I hope you're feeling better today, Melissa!
I couldn't tell from the small pictures on the internet what the new BBD book looked like, but I should have just gone ahead and ordered it, because the way you describe it, it's quite possible that I can never find happiness again until I've got my copy. Sigh...
Will e-mail tomorrow. I'mgoing to bed too!

Glenna said...

Friendship Gathering is so pretty! There are so many things I'd like to stitch from BB Designs. I hope you feel better--there are coughs, colds, flu and a stomach-something going around here too.

acereta said...

Your flowers look gorgeous! New designs are beautiful!

Karoline said...

Lovely new stash :) I hope you feel better soon

Kellie said...

Melissa, I hope you are feeling better with the tummy bug and sore throat. No fun. Friendship Gathering is looking gorgeous. :) And I love your new stash. CHS and BBD are both favorites of mine as well. :)

Wendy said...

Your BBD piece looks lovely! I have that design waiting in my stash too. It was one of those had to have books.

I hope you feel much better soon, after all spring is just around the corner now!

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛