Followers

Tuesday, 17 March 2009

Happy St Paddy's Day!

Well, it's just been a wonderful day. It must be because it's St Paddy's Day - luck of the Irish? I've been to England and Scotland but never Ireland. Hopefully one day! So, why was it a wonderful day?

One: The sun came out a bit today - or - it wasn't rainy and windy!

Two: I actually had a good day at work!

Three: My Goode Huswife's Book of Designs Volume No 1 arrived. Beautiful stuff! Hooray!

Four: I heard from my HOE Winter Quaker Exchange partner, Edda, that my little package has arrived in beautiful Iceland! Edda said she is very happy with the goodies, which in turn, of course just made my day! So, here are the photos of the pinkeep I stitched for Edda.

The flirty side

The shy side

I created the design myself. It was meant to represent a snowdrop (the flower) underneath falling snowflakes. I was a bit behind stitching this so I had to make the design smaller than originally planned. The linen is a dark blue-y green remnant from one of those line grab bags.

Well, it's a short post. Thanks so much for your comments. I feel like I'm getting to know a lot of you now with every post. That's so great! (and yes, Miss Jane, I am working real hard on finishing Friendship Gathering by the weekend! I stitched one flower last night - 4 colours in it!)

Enjoy the rest of the week. Now, I will go visit some of your blogs!

14 comments:

Theresa said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!!! Such a wonderful design~~

Jane said...

It's funny how some days things just fall into place. Glad your day at work was a good one!

Great job getting your exchange done and looking forward to your finish this weekend! Take care...

Deb said...

That is a beautiful design. I'm sure she's going to love it!

staci said...

Stunning winter quaker!!! I love it!

Kellie said...

That sounds like a wonderful day! :) The Goode Huswife Vol. 1 has so many great designs in it. My favorite is June Morning, but there are a lot of other designs in there that I want to do eventually. :) Your pinkeep is gorgeous! I am sure your exchange partner was delighted.

Patti said...

I LOVE that pinkeep it is just gorgeous and i love the design too. I'm glad you had such a good St. Patrick's day and now I'm off to my bed. Lots of Love Patti xxx

Siobhan said...

Wow, what a fabulous exchange! That is so pretty--and your finishing is just perfect for it. YGG! Lucky you with the wonderful stash enhancement, too! That book has soooo many fabulous designs in it.

Wendy said...

Great Quaker exchange! I love the dark fabric you used - what is it?

I hope you had a great St. Patrick's Day!

Carin said...

Lovely quaker!!!

Please look at my blog. You received an award.

Kajsa said...

That's cute, perfect fabric!

Chrissie said...

Ooohh, the GH Vol book - lucky you!! What a cutie snowdrop design pinkeep. I love snowdrops. No sign of those over here in sunny Queensland though.
Chrissie

Annemarie said...

Another very lovely exchange piece of your own designing! Beautiful colours. Glad you seem to be enjoying yourself :o)

Margaret said...

Ok, so I'm posting late. :D Melissa, just wanted to say I love your stitching -- such beautiful work, and I love your taste in stash! lol!

Brigitte said...

It's a wonderful design that you designed and stitched for Edda. A great exchnage gift!