Followers

Sunday, 8 February 2009

Look at this Beauty!

Yeah, I decided to get back on the horse and keep blogging. Yeah, it turned out the other way. Instead of staying offline to seek comfort, I stayed online, visiting blogs and peeking around to see any Nashville previews. You know, go with the flow. I'm so glad I did else I would've missed this great event at Barbara's blog - the birth of a new designer!

Barbara created this wonderful gorgeous awesome (is that enough superlatives?) design for her husband for Valentine's Day (awww). There was such an overwhelming response, including moi, for her to sell the design, and she has! I am including the photo from her blog.

Love of Myn
by Barbara Chatterton-Lurring

I love it. Thank you Barbara! I hope to see more designs from 'Chateau Chaos'! (Maybe it's the chaos that feeds your creativity - hmmm, interesting thought isn't it?)

I think it's just so exciting to see creativity blossom like this!

I don't have much else to post. I'm stitching an exchange so no photos to share. Um - my aunt decided not to have surgery. At 92 that may be the wisest thing to do. *sigh* We'll probably all go and visit her in a couple of week's time. She's not wanting visitors at the moment.

Take care, all. I am looking forward to seeing the rash of Nashville pictures over the next couple of days. Thanks for your kind comments. Have a great week.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad to see you blogging. That design is a beauty. Have a great week.

Patti said...

I am so delighted you are still blogging because I would have missed you terribly if you had quit! Anyway I love that new design and I'm going right now to look at it - YEAH RIGHT!!! Patti xxx

kvstitching said...

I'm pleased to see you blogging Melissa; sometimes the Internet is a good distraction from our daily concerns :)

I will keep you and your aunt in my thoughts.

Laura said...

Barbara's design is unique and quite pretty. Thanks for showing it to us.

mainely stitching said...

I'm also glad to see you still blogging! Don't you dare stop!!

Best wishes for your aunt. My great aunt underwent surgery at 87 and it just exhausted her system.

And thank you so much for the kind and encouraging words!! :D

Jane said...

It's great to make new discoveries. Blogging can unearth a wealth of information.

My thoughts are with your Aunt.

BTW, I started my SN tonight! I'll try to post tomorrow.

Wendy said...

Awesome design - thanks for letting us know! Sending positive thoughts to your dear Aunt.

Annemarie said...

Yes, Barbara is quite a special lady, isn't she? I'm glad you found some solace online.

:: wee bird :: said...

happy to see you online!
Meaning to email you to tell you I got the chart...just beautiful and thank you very much
Sue

Natalija said...

Hi Melissa,
it seems to be Clematis Jackmanii. I have it, but it has less petals than yours.
Can't wait to see the progress on the "Love of Myn" :)Have a great week!