Followers

Wednesday, 4 February 2009

The Cupid has landed!

Hello, my friends! I did say I would post when my partner received my HOE Valentine Exchange. I received an email from Jennifer yesterday that she has not only received it but is very happy with what I stitched for her. I am SO delighted! You can read about it and see her photos of the whole exchange here. Here are my photos.
The flirty side
The shy side

I didn't really have any Valentine appropriate design for the stitch, so instead I read about the things she likes and decided to design something just for her. I really like the idea of personalizing with an initial (if it's appropriate to the design). The floss was, appropriately for the occasion, Cupid (CC).

Boy, you can tell the difference between the quality of my photos and Jennifer's. I need a new camera!

I am just so happy that Jennifer liked the pinkeep. It was my first exchange so, as you can imagine, I was hoping it would be a success.

Thank you, my friends, for all your kind words. They put a smile on my face and I'm very grateful! Sometimes when people do offer such kindness, I feel embarrassed because I feel like such a drama queen! I do feel better and I'm sure your kind words had a lot to do with it!

I did spend some of that * weird * energy on finally organizing my stash! The stuff multiplied itself in several parts of the house so I got a few binders together and organized the charts by designer. That was a big job but I'm so glad I've finally got that done. I am also thinking of setting up a sale/trade thing sometime in the future. I was able to trade with both Yuko and Karen when they had their sale/trade so that gave me the idea of doing more of it!

I've got my next stitch organized but you will just have to wait as I haven't even put in the first stitch!

Thank you again! Take care and have fun browsing the new goodies from the Nashville Market!

19 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh please let me know when you have goodies to get rid of, I am always looking for new patterns for my stash, and I love your tastes in designers.

Irene said...

Looks wonderful !

Theresa said...

Beautiful finish!! The design is just lovely~ You really put a lot of thought in this exchange~

Dovilė said...

nice pinkeep, lovely design

mainely stitching said...

It's wonderful!! :D

KarenV said...

What a lovely pinkeep, you did a great job!

Siobhan said...

Beautiful pinkeep! Congrats on the success of your first exchange. :) Can't wait to see what your next project is!

Karoline said...

The pinkeep is gorgeous, congratulations

Jane said...

Well done on your first exchange, Melissa. It's turned out fabulous!

Brigitte said...

What a wonderful pinkeep you created for Jennifer. So perfectly stitched and finished, and the motifs assembled after your own idea. How creative!

Becky K in OK said...

Oh, I love it. You should offer the chart to your prim friends!

:: wee bird :: said...

glad you are feeling better..! your giftie is beautiful

Annemarie said...

Another example of your beautiful stitching, Melissa! I'm really looking forward to our exchange :o)))
What a great way to get rid of your *weird* energy. Usually decluttering gets me in a weird mood. There's just TOO MUCH!

Patti said...

WOW oh WOW that is absolutely gorgeous and I'm not surprised she loves it. Next time you need to stitch for somebody just ask for my address and you shall have it ;) Patti xxx

kellieps3 said...

Your pinkeep is gorgeous! And congrats on getting so much organized.

Glenna said...

What a pretty Valentine exchange project! Isn't it really kind of fun to organize your stash? I keep rediscovering things I want to stitch as I go through mine.

Ranae said...

Beautiful finish!!
very creative

wyanne said...

Gorgeous! So charming. Puts me in the mood for Valentines! Love, Wyanne

Kajsa said...

It turned out lovely! You did a good job!