Followers

Tuesday, 27 January 2009

Mid-week Update

Well, knock me over with a feather, Karen has kindly nominated me for this award. Thank you Karen! It's my first and firsts, as you know, are always memorable. I love the Audrey Hepburn look, don't you?
I think I'm supposed to list 5 addictions, which I did already on my last post. Oh, is it obvious to everyone but me that I left out my biggest addiction? That is blogging of course, visiting all your wonderful stitchy homes and seeing all the latest and greatest creations. How could I have left that off my list?!!! Maybe because it's as natural to me as breathing now that I don't even notice it anymore! Scary thought, isn't it?

I'm supposed to nominate 5 blogs for this award. You know, you are ALL fabulous so consider yourself awarded! Honestly, choosing just 5 would exclude so many wonderful stitchers and besides it feels like when you were in school and you had gym class and you had to pick teams or you were the one waiting, hoping to be picked...but then you're one of the last? I don't want to exclude anyone - just the fact that you stitch and you blog, well you're all pretty fabulous to me!

Thank you for all of you who left comments on my last post about experiencing problems leaving comments on blogger because of the 'word verification' issue. It seems although you've had problems you do end up successfully posting the comments. Sadly not me. I tried all your suggestions. I asked my DH, who is our in-house IT help desk, and he googled this problem. Apparently it is a known problem with no known solution at the moment. Why I am cursed - I don't know!

What I know is this - if you select the comment option (on blogger) where you want comments "embedded below post" - that's where I have had problems consistently with word verification. If you choose the first option, which is "full page" I have never had problems with word verification. So, if people would kindly consider (pretty please?) taking this route, that would be lovely! There are a few new-to-me blogs where I wanted to leave comments but I couldn't. I would email and let the blogger know except I couldn't find any email contact info.

So, what to do? Well, I have a blog so I will say hi to 3 people here. First is Theresa who has visited my blog and left lovely comments. Thank you Theresa! If you are still looking for the Gaelle Boissonard calendar, let me know. You can see Theresa's photos of her big move from Texas to CA on her blog - makes you want to go on a road trip!

Next is Siobhan's blog. She is stitching (and probably finished it by now) the Hands to Work sampler featured in the Jan/Feb JCS issue. It's just lovely! Even though Siobhan's blog is relatively new I'm sure I've seen her lovely stitching before in an album somewhere!

Last, but not least, is Danielle - another SB fan. I've seen wonderful snowmen and sheep and all sorts of wonderful things sprouting up her blog.

On the stitching front, with a big sigh of relief, I can tell you I have finished Family Sampler. Thanks Sue for giving me a nudge ("..and missy get back into your stitching eh!") See the nice Canadian touch at the end of that? Love it!

I will post photos of Family Sampler on Sunday. I had sent off my HOE Valentine Exchange last week and today have received my exchange in return! A lovely pillow made by April (no blog?). The photo can be found here.

I was quite surprised, happily so, that many of you commented on the colours on the calendar and are looking forward to seeing the wool that I bought. So, not to hold you in suspense any longer, here is a shot of my scarf in progress.
The yarn is 100% merino wool by Rowyn. It's scrumptious to touch. I just love it!

Well, my friends, it's time to go. TGIF tomorrow. Remember the chart giveaway to be drawn on Saturday. I will post on Sunday. Remember the old Billy Crystal "you r'ook marrrvelous, darlings!" on Saturday Night Live? Well, you are all Faboulous Bloggers. Go out and celebrate that! See you Sunday!

5 comments:

kellieps3 said...

I look forward to seeing Family Sampler, and I love the start of your scarf. I am determined to learn to knit this year. :)

KarenV said...

I love the colour of your scarf Melissa and I can't wait to see your finished Family Sampler!

Siobhan said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out! :) Sorry about the commenting problems. I wish I knew how to help but I'm able to get on the Internet & do e-mail and much beyond that, I'm clueless! :P

Your scarf is beautiful! YGG! Can't wait to see your Family Sampler!

Melissa said...

Hi Siobhan, thanks for the shout back! Regarding the comment option - it's actually very simple.

When you are in Blogger viewing your Dashboard go to "Settings" near the top part of your screen. Then click on the Comments tab. About the middle of the screen you will see "Comment Form Placement" with 3 options. Click on the first one which says "Full Page". Then scroll down to bottom of the screen and click on Save Settings.

That's it. Hope you get a chance to try it. Thanks for stopping by!

:: wee bird :: said...

nice warm scarf perfect for our weather :D
any time you need a bit of nagging you can count on me..husbands says i'm perfect for the job lol