Followers

Wednesday, 21 January 2009

Mid-week Update

This week, a trip update of course!

On Sunday, I took the ferry across to Victoria. It was extremely foggy and we might as well not have been moving because you couldn't see anything outside. Then 45 minutes (half way) into the trip, we sailed out of the fog and into Brilliant sunshine! It was amazing. It woke everyone up and put smiles on everyone's faces. It was like coming out of the desert and finding an oasis - you can't quite believe it's real! I then took a bus from the ferry terminal to the hotel. When I got out it was so warm it felt like Spring! If not for lugging my suitcase, I would've skipped all the way to the hotel!

Yes, I was extremely lucky and blessed to have this sunshine the whole time I was in Victoria. I knew for a fact that heavy fog remained in Vancouver and is still here, and will still be here for days! Oh yes, flurries forecasted for the weekend. Lovely (not!).

But never mind, let's go back to more positive things. Some of you might remember that I get to visit a LNS when I am in Victoria. So that's where I hung out when I could! The first thing that hit me when I walked into the shop was that their knitting section is elbowing out the cross stitch section! The charts are now relegated to a few baskets that fit on a small dining room table. Drat! I mean I love the knitting stuff but I don't want the cross stitch stuff to shrink!

There was a sale basket so I rummaged and found a couple of charts at 70% off. But the real finds are to come! First, 2 Sheepish Designs that I was looking for before but couldn't find as I was told they are OOP.
Betsey

Sitting Pretty
There weren't a lot of designs left but if anyone is looking for Sheepish Designs you could contact the shop as they don't show up on their website.

Another interesting find is this design by Hands to Work. I've never seen their designs before and there were only a couple in the shop but I really liked this one.
More Favourite Primitive Stitching Bags

So, it was a productive stitching expedition added to the reason for the trip - w o r k ! Actually the work part turned out quite well and luck played into many parts of my trip. Thank you for your kind comments as well. I am feeling better now that I'm home! I'm catching up on blog reading and I hope to resume stitching soon!

I have just spent a couple of hours on here and I haven't even had dinner so I'd better get back to the real world. Thanks for popping by and keep up the chatter - I love reading them. Take care!

14 comments:

Cathy B said...

Wonderful finds!

Theresa said...

Those are some wonderful finds!!!

Annemarie said...

Well, it sounds like you had quite a good time in Victoria! Pity the cross stitch section of the shop is dwindling, but those are some very pretty finds. I *love* Hands To Work!

Chrissie said...

Great finds with the cross stitch charts. I love those primitive bags. Don't you just love when you can find something good like that. Chrissie

mainely stitching said...

What wonderful finds - happy stitching!!

Patti said...

Amazing finds - I love all of them.

Karoline said...

Nice stash, glad you had a great trip

Barb said...

Glad you had a good trip. Nice charts...I love them both.

kellieps3 said...

WOW! You found some great charts. Glad you are feeling better and your work trip is over for you. :)

Barbeeque4 said...

What super stash!! "Family Sampler" is just beautiful!!!!

Brigitte said...

Oh, such wonderful finds! I love your Sheepinsh Designs, and it's just a sort of miracle that you could find Betsey being out of print for quite a while. Lucky you.

Von said...

I visited that shop last April and noted the shrinking stitching inventory from my previous visit too. I suppose knitting must be more profitable just now. Still, it is a delightful shop as are the owners. :D I do so enjoy my visits to Victoria!

Nicole said...

Hi Melissa,

That is too bad about the shop in Victoria. Are you talking about Buttons and Needlework? It has been my dream to visit that shop - the pictures on their site are beautiful. I always said if I were to have a shop I would want it to look like that one. Talk about a sampler wall!!!

Jane said...

Hi Melissa! Great finds on your 'working' trip. :) I'll catch up with you via email for another chat soon, now I'm back online.