Followers

Sunday, 25 January 2009

Happy Chinese New Year!

Tomorrow is Chinese New Year, and the Year of the Ox. It's an excuse for me to post this lovely picture of Miss January from my Gaelle Boissonard 2009 calendar!

I love the colours in this picture. These colours must've been playing in the back of my mind for awhile. On Friday I wandered into a funky knitting store in my old neighbourhood, to check and see if I can find some nice yarns for sale to make a chunky monkey scarf for me to survive this winter with. Lo and behold I think I've managed to find a close match to the picture - oranges, pinks, specks of purples and browns! I hope to have some pictures of the scarf in progress next week.

Meanwhile, I've been tagged by Patti. This is the first tag I've ever had and I understand I have to list 5 addictions. Hmmm, here goes:

  1. Why I exist in Blog-land : Stitching! I liked it well enough before but now am seriously, hopelessly, and happily "hooked"!
  2. Shopping for things I like : Stitching stash being the worse (or best) of the lot!
  3. Books: the kind you can hold and smell and hug, and of course, read!
  4. Chocolate: I don't need a lot but I need good chocolate to be part of my life. Amen.
  5. Sushi: or just Japanese food in general. Maybe it's the soy sauce that does the trick?
Now I have to tag 5 people.
  1. Kellie
  2. Wendy
  3. Lisa
  4. Leena
  5. Annemarie
And now, I have to pose a blog question and need your help. Lately, I've had problems commenting on certain blogs, including the Year Long Prairie Schooler exchange. I've tried using Netscape, Firefox, IE. but they all present the same problem to me.

What happens on some of these blogs (Blogger only) is that I'm asked which profile I want to comment as. I choose 'Google Account'. I then fill the box with comments and press 'Publish'. Here I get back a box that asks me to do word verification...except there are no words visible for me to verify! Hence, I'm stuck and can't post a comment. It's very frustrating.

On most blogs I'm fine as many of you know I've left comments on your blogs in the last few months. But since last month I've noticed this happening with some blogs and I don't know why. Becky, who is managing the PS Exchange, didn't know what the problem was either because lots of other people have not had problems with this on that blog (and I did). So, if this has happened to you and you have found a solution, could you let me know please?

Life has been busy and I haven't picked up a needle in over a week. Hope to remedy that soon as I'm going through withdrawal symptoms!

Thank you for stopping by! Oh, and remember the giveaway draw is the 31st. If you are interested, please leave a comment on this post. Happy Stitching!

14 comments:

Irene said...

I've noticed that about leaving comments as well. I need to do the word verification twice, but it does give me the word.

staci said...

I've had that happen to me too where there's no word showing up to verify. I usually just hit publish and then it'll bring up that error thing and a new word verification. That usually works for me :)

Kajsa said...

I had that problem for a while too, don't happen anymore though.

Your trip to Victoria sounds wonderful, I loved that city when we did our Vancouver Island trip.

Yuko said...

Oh do you love Sushi?! We do love Sushi, too!
We often go to sushi restaurant, but it's cheap one as my husband has big appetite, lol.
I couldn't add Wasabi before, but I realised it's so nice to add when you have Sushi, do you like Wasabi too??

Barb said...

There is some info on this in their help section, but I don't know if it applies to your problem. I heard from a blogger that she was unable to post on my blog, so I switched from the pop up comment page to the old comment page. It then worked for her.

Sometimes I have to hit publish twice before I get a word verification also.

Cathy B said...

I wish I could help you -- if only I understood this computer stuff!

mainely stitching said...

If hitting refresh (so it gives you another "word") doesn't work, you should be able to click the wheelchair icon and that will 'say' what you have to type in. Make sure you have your volume on good & loud, though!

Love the print you showed. Wonderful colors and lines!

Patti said...

Love the print you showed and can't wait to see the scarf you are going to make. I see my instructions worked, or was I trying to teach you to such eggs?

Ok what I do now, because that happens more often than not, is copy what I have written in the comment in case I lose it and then try and publish it and if it doesn't work and I press the refresh button at least I haven't lost what I said. It will work eventually.

Happy Stitching and Lots of Love Patti xxx

:: wee bird :: said...

I love that picture on your calender..if you ever want to trade I have a ton of wool!
..and missy get back into your stitching eh!

kellieps3 said...

Wish I could help you with the blog word verification, but I am clueless on it. That is a really colorful picture. I can't wait to see the scarf that you make with the same colors. Hope you get to stitch soon. :) Thanks for tagging me. :)

Theresa said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful picture!! I love her style and Googled her right away... Wish I could read French..... Can't wait to see your scarf!!!

Linda said...

I have the same problem. When it doesn't give me word verification I push publish anyway and then one pops up. I have to sign in every single day too with all sites. My info is never saved.

valerie said...

Love your Miss January picture! Gung Hay Fat Choy!

Wendy said...

Well I think good ol' Blogger was having some issues the other day because the same thing happened to me. Things seem to be back to their usual state now.

I love the new stash you picked up! Betsey is a gorgeous design :-D