Followers

Sunday, 4 January 2009

Baa Baa White Sheep

...have you any wool? Yes m'am! Princess Sally Sheep also has three Perfectly Pink Posies decorating her wool.
Here's a bigger picture of my progress on Family Sampler. I have the border done and started on the little flowers all around.
I'm still enjoying stitching this a lot! Progress has been slow though because since my last post I decided I really needed to some tidying and cleaning. I'm glad a lot of it is done but it did take time away from stitching. I also did some tidying up of my cross stitch stuff. Since I have some exchanges happening this year I got myself better organized with the information in a binder and marked them in my calendar!

My first exchange is a Valentine one and I spent a lot of time agonizing over what to stitch! I finally came up with something which I stitched this afternoon. This will take some pressure of deadlines when I return to work tomorrow.

I have been admiring your blogs and all your finishes already! Amazing and inspiring!

Well, it's back to work tomorrow so I can have a means to support my cross stitch habit! January will be a busy month so at least I feel now I've gotten more organized to face it all! Thank you for visiting and have a good week!

Hi Ho Hi Ho Off to Work I go!

15 comments:

Melissa said...

I love your progress on the SB piece. Great job. Can't wait to see the next update.

linenstitcher2 said...

Oo, this is a lovely project! I've never seen this one before, so I'll look forward to watching your progress on it.

It's back to work for me as well, which means a significant drop in stitching time. Ah well, it's been nice while it lasted.

Jane said...

Gorgeous progress, Melissa. Glad you got your tidying up done - want to come and tidy my place up? :) Unfortunately I stitched instead of cleaning!

Brigitte said...

Nice progress on your SB piece. The more I see of it the more I love it.

It's tidying up time here as well, sigh. But I still have another week off work.

Karoline said...

Great progress, it's looking gorgeous

staci said...

Really pretty project!!!

Dovilė said...

so sweet:)

Patti said...

I love what you have done so far. I really need to do this one. But I"m on a really strict budget right now so I'm not allowed to buy anything. Never mind I have tons of other stuff to stitch.

mainely stitching said...

Oh what utterly gorgeous stitching!

Loreta said...

So beautiful!

Margaret said...

Lovely. I wonder what you chose to do for your Valentine Exchange. I stitched soemthing from a chart I have had for years and always wanted to do. The bead and tassell went on at New Year and now all is done.

Nicole said...

Beautiful progress Melissa! I got mine back out after see yours! I just love this design! :)

Michele said...

Your Family Sampler is looking great!

Lennu said...

Melissa, this is such a beauty! I love that little sheep, so cute! The colours are beautiful and it's always a joy to read your writing.

I hope that returning to work has been smooth and nice and at least not too bad. I think it was a wonderful holiday, but getting back to routines is also great, well, at least nice :)

Cheryl said...

Pretty stitching! I just found your blog, its great :)