Followers

Sunday, 28 December 2008

Some pretty flowers

How to apply the expression "my eyes are bigger than my stomach" to stitching? My eyes are bigger than my fingers? Nope, doesn't sound right, does it? But you get the idea - I always think (or hope) I can stitch faster than I actually can!

This is how far I am with my SB Family Sampler.
"the big picture"

"I'm ready for my close-up"

It is so pretty to stitch that I had to drag out my Jane Austen movies to go along with it. Just seemed appropriate somehow. I love the French Vanilla linen. I'd love to get some more for other projects.

This is just such a lovely time right now. Between stitching, visiting a few blogs, reading, TV watching and all the fun stuff, time has been flying by!

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're stitching! :-) Bye for now.

14 comments:

Rowyn said...

The SB Family Sampler is looking really pretty.

Which Jane Austen movies are you watching? Before Christmas my OH bought me Persuasion. I also bought Mansfield Park - and of course, I have the BBC version of Pride & Prejudice and the movie version. I love all those period dramas and have quite a collection of them now.

Nicole said...

Beautiful start Melissa! I started this a few months ago and I definitely want to get back to it in 2009! :)

Алиса said...

Hello!
You have very beautiful embroidery! All! I like it.
Happy New Year!

Brigitte said...

Your start is already great!I know this problem when you see your project already finished but then you realize that can't stitch as fast as you wanted to or that work interferes with your stitching time, sigh.

Loreta said...

What a beautiful begining, Mellissa!

KarenV said...

That is so pretty! You've got more done than I think I would have ;) I love visiting your blog, as your stitching is so inspiring! :)

Jane said...

Wow, great work on FS! Rome wasn't built in one day, girl. You're doing really well and further ahead than I thought you'd be. Hope you're enjoying your first taste of SB.

Sounds like you're having fun with the Jane Austen movies, and other enjoyments. Wish I was there with you!

Hazel said...

Thought I'd stop by to say hi and browse your lovely blog. You have completed some gorgeous pieces and have some wonderful charts in your stash. Love all the quakers. xx

Paisley said...

Your stitching is lovely!

Karoline said...

It's looking gorgeous, great progress

Patti said...

Love it so far and can't wait to see more. I LOVE SB but haven't bought any new ones lately. Have so much to stitch and, like you, my eyes are so much bigger than my speed at stitching. Lots of Love Patti xxx

Cathy B said...

SB Family Sampler is off to a great start - it's going to be beautiful; I can't wait to see more!

Hope your New Year gets off to a wonderful start. Can't wait to see more of your stitching!

Marsha said...

Your stitching looks great. Very pretty. I love the french vanila too.

Margaret said...

Happy New Year Melissa.
That sampler looks lovely. I love the Fench Vanilla linen