Followers

Sunday, 7 December 2008

A little progress & lots of inspirations!

It's my end-of-weekend post where I find myself wishing I had stitched more. However, here's a progress shot on 'Of Female Arts'.
That's just to prove to myself that I have made some progress!

There are lots of distractions. One is the beginning of the Festive Seasons and I feel so behind with everything. The other is the enjoyment of reading blogs! I know many of you have written about the dilemma of stitching or blogging. Well, I've been tripping the light fantastic with some wonderful festive blogs.

First is Loreta's blog. She has a beautiful site - wonderful photos and wonderful stitching. My favourite this week is her Advent Calendar. I love it. As much as I want to stitch it though I think it's stitching AND sewing! Well, here's my wish to my stitching fairy godmother - I would love one of those! All stitched if you can help it! (Well, a girl can always wish, right?)

Then there's Nicole's blog. Now Nicole's was one of the ones I've visited way back before I even had a blog. I was always in awe of how much and how quickly she can stitch up the charts. Lately, I've found her Christmas Tea so inspiring that I had to order it for myself. I won't get it in time for this Christmas but I hope to add it to my Christmas stitching for Carol's challenge.

Then there is Miss Jane's blog. Of late, Jane has shown some lovely Shepherd Bush finishes and her latest post shows her Christmas decorations which reminded me I need to get mine up and sparkling too!

I'd better stop there. This week I need to get my Christmas decorations up and do more stitching! Have a good week. Thank you for stopping by and I love reading your comments!

10 comments:

Theresa said...

Those are some great blog choices!! Thanks for sharing!!

Dovilė said...

great new start:)

Jane said...

I'm glad to have been a distraction during this festive season for you. Thanks for the compliment! I agree, Loreta and Nicole's blogs are inspirational and a joy to read.

It certainly is a hard time of year to get much stitching done so you're doing well with your current wip.

Wendy said...

Great start on Female Arts! I tend to do most blog reading during the day and save my evenings for stitching. Unfortunately work is getting in the way far too much with my daytime blog reading...:-(

Nicole said...

Hi Melissa! Your Primitive Needle piece is looking great! Thank you for the nice mention of me in your blog. You are too kind! :) I'm happy help enable you because you have been enabling me a lot! :)

Loreta said...

Nice start of the work! I will hope to track it till you finish it. By the way thank you for mentioning my blog. It is very kind of you!

Kajsa said...

What a great start, I love the colors!

It's hard to cram everything in during the holidays. I love the afternoon on the 25th when I can sit down and just relax, watch a Christmas movie with the kids and stitch.

Margaret said...

Love the Quaker stitching - great that you tell us what threads and fabric too as I am a good copier!!

Rowyn said...

Love your new start. You have some really beautiful stitching on your blog.

Susimac said...

Great blog choices, I visit all 3 too as they are so inspiring and wonderful.